Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago
This movie never fails to give me chills... and the music.. beautiful❤️
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
What a videography!! During that time there was art in the dance choreographs, with full of passions. But nowadays all the dance steps seem so plain and boring. Even hiring dancers like Norah Fateh can't do justice with the oldie goldie dances.
Edited by ffkhan - 6 years ago
1129726 thumbnail
She wore 7 colors in the song. So I figured it out from that
807031 thumbnail
This movie had such...passion.
1129726 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZackKnightRocks

This movie had such...passion.

Zach knight fan ?

He is so cool ⭐️
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Art is not always politically correct, politically correct art doesn't make you feel things like dil se did!
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Gak. I'm a fan of SRK, but I hated the plot pf Dil Se. The woman's unavailability should depend on her say-so, not on her being "taken."

But those were the 90s. Dil Se didn't fail because of lack of PCness. It failed because it was boring.

True, Dil se flopped bcz it was boring not bcz audience didn't like stalking theme

It was the 90s, they didn't care

After making substantial movies on terrorism like Roja and Bombay, Maniratnam failed with this silly one

But songs were good esp this one
Titanium-Girl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I remember I watched this movie once as a kid. Don't remember much except this song, Chaiyya Chaiyya and the final scene (which left me sitting in front of the screen jaw-dropped for a bit). Even then, I remember, I felt somewhat impacted by it.

Gonna give it a rewatch soon to see how I view it now.
Edited by Titanium-Girl - 6 years ago
807031 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ogreatone

Zach knight fan ?

He is so cool ⭐️

He is awesome 😳
Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Obsessive love can be shown without stalking and harassment too! I think if Dil Se is remade we can hope that the male character will show his love in other ways like becoming her friend,listening to her stories, giving his companionship & unconditional love...despite the dangers despite her telling him that relationship with her will not go down well for him...he does anyways...she lets him in because she likes him...there are ways to convince a reluctant person without resorting to stalking & harassment. Lust is also ok...you can lust after someone...but lusting after a reluctant person is problematic. Lust is ok when both are lusting for each other.

In fact i feel the problem here is Maniratnam himself...i donno i get this feeling that he feels that getting abusive/ the persistent persuing of the lady are the peaks of love for him...his portrayal of love is very problematic IMO. Not just in Dil Se, there is a pattern with all his heros...they tend to be little abusive..the possessiveness/dominance he often shows in his movies always made me uncomfortable...Even his latest movie with karthi and aditi is so problematic..the hero is so abusive...there is definitely a pattern