Satrangi Re-The seven stages of love - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Farah Khan said while choreographing she had no idea what the song lyrics meant, so had to keep calling Javed Akhtar to understand meaning of words like sarghoshi etc. 😊
1146481 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

How would he know her story when she would not open up to him, he keeps on asking her name, who she is, where she is from but shes all secretive and mysterious and that increases his obsession for her. It wasnt a normal relationship/friendship, Manisha was not a normal girl, her secrecy and mysterious ways attracted him more to her. The aura of mystery surrounding her ensnared him, he wanted to know her inside out, it wasnt only lust. Watch the film again, I did and understood a lot more than when I watched it first time.

Films like these encourages eve teasing and harassment in our society. I remember being very uncomfortable watching the obsession of Shahrukh Khan and the way he approaches her. She clearly indicates many times that she has no interest in him and even spits on his face. That should have been enough for him to back off. She is not being "secretive or mysterious" - she is just not interested in him and owes no answer to him.

I dont think the film would have been accepted without outrage in the "No means No" era.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So much thought was put in the choreography of this song.
Farah deserves all the credit!

She said it is the most difficult song in her filmography in the podcast with Rajeev and anupama.

Please listen to it for more BTS about this song.

This film is one of those whose value is realised now after itsi failure.
1123225 thumbnail

No, in those 2 films he was a psycho, in DS hes an obsessed lover but not a psycho who kills people to get his desired woman.
In Dil Se, when she tells him that shes married, hes shocked and retreats/leaves at once, heartbroken.
In Anjaam, he started stalking the heroine even though she was already married to someone else, in Darr he stalks her even after she gets married. .
In DS when he finds out later that Manisha had lied to him abt being married, then he confronts her why she had lied to him, she sends her comrades to deal with him, they beat him up, he lands up in the hospital, badly injured. He gives up on her, its only later when he meets her in Ladakh that he pursues her again, asking why she lied to him.

Gak. I'm a fan of SRK, but I hated the plot pf Dil Se. The woman's unavailability should depend on her say-so, not on her being "taken."

But those were the 90s. Dil Se didn't fail because of lack of PCness. It failed because it was boring.

springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice write up! This song gets so dark in the end though. Especially Maut ki god me sone de part. Gives me the chills every time.
576281 thumbnail

No, in those 2 films he was a psycho, in DS hes an obsessed lover but not a psycho who kills people to get his desired woman.
In Dil Se, when she tells him that shes married, hes shocked and retreats/leaves at once, heartbroken.
In Anjaam, he started stalking the heroine even though she was already married to someone else, in Darr he stalks her even after she gets married. .
In DS when he finds out later that Manisha had lied to him abt being married, then he confronts her why she had lied to him, she sends her comrades to deal with him, they beat him up, he lands up in the hospital, badly injured. He gives up on her, its only later when he meets her in Ladakh that he pursues her again, asking why she lied to him.

True...In Dil se his character has the honesty,innocence and purity which was lacking in Darr and Anjaam...
Honestly when I watched it the first time, I was much younger and the things that I saw at that time were much different from when I watched it the second time...The first time I loved it as I saw the movie only from hero's POV..I was taken in by SRK's charm, his relentless pursuing of Manisha's character etc.Then when I watched it the second time,I still liked it but felt bad for his family and disliked his lack of thought for them...

But may be I should watch it again now and see how I will like it now...

1140816 thumbnail

How would he know her story when she would not open up to him, he keeps on asking her name, who she is, where she is from but shes all secretive and mysterious and that increases his obsession for her. It wasnt a normal relationship/friendship, Manisha was not a normal girl, her secrecy and mysterious ways attracted him more to her. The aura of mystery surrounding her ensnared him, he wanted to know her inside out, it wasnt only lust. Watch the film again, I did and understood a lot more than when I watched it first time.

No wonder you are a Stalker Kangana fan🤪. Clearly cannot understand when to leave a person alone despite lack of response or no interest. Cant believe u wrote such long essays defending the crappy behavior of SRK in the film 🤢👏
Edited by BlackPanther7 - 6 years ago
adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
That's the whole point that he doesn't care. He's mesmerized, taken by her, doesn't care about consequences, leaves his family, feaunce even is ready to die and you want him to be pc 😆

He doesn't care what label you put on him, his love is beyond all that. This is from his perspective. To you it's stalking but not to him. We're seeing it through his eyes also don't forget how manisha uses him. Stalking is still better than framing someone as a terrorist but you won't see that because pc you know 😆

He's so obsessed with her that even after everything he just wants to hear once that she loves him but she doesn't

Imo she wasn't worth it but that's the point. This is beyond reasoning.

I watched it as a kid and still remember the whole movie. I loved it without knowing why, my spiritual inclinations came much later and this song is spiritual as hell. I was obsessed with it.

Another song is hafiz hafiz from Laila Majnu

QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Are some members talking about the same "NO means NO" era where movies as problematic as Badrinath Ki Dulhania are being made and lapped up by the audience?😆
1140816 thumbnail

Originally posted by: songofthereed.

Are some members talking about the same "NO means NO" era where movies as problematic as Badrinath Ki Dulhania are being made and lapped up by the audience?😆

People lapping up such crap IS the problem. Badri was an Angel compared to whatever SRK doing in Dil Se. He was even ogling at her when she was bathing. And the way he was following her in the queue. Ewww 🤢 The film flopped mainly bcoz it did not look like a Love story. It was more like Darr with out the husband part 🤪Cant forget the irritation n repulsion Manisha had in her face each time she looked at the maniac SRK 😆
Edited by BlackPanther7 - 6 years ago