Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
And I used to sing it as "halka halka unse hua" 🤣

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: roni_berna

And I used to sing it as "halka halka unse hua" 🤣

u know that song...aati kya khandala?? Mt friend's daughter used to sing...haathi ka anda laa...🤣
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Recently rewatched Dil Se after many years. Damn, how passionate and intense was SRK in this movie, it gave me goosebumps to see Amar's intense passion for Meghna . ☺️
I had read abt Mani Ratnam talking abt the 7 stages of Love in Dil Se and after watching DS again I felt what he meant. Gulzar's lyrics are so evocative, both in this song and in Chhaiya Chhaiya as well. ARR hit it out of the park...and SRK Manisha set the screen on fire in Satrangi. 😳
pallavi25 thumbnail

Actually SRK's character journeys through those 7 stages of Love in the entire movie, with every encounter with Meghna he moves to the next stage of love till he dies in her arms at the end.😭
The beginning parts do seem non kosher in our times of PC as he was obsessively stalking her inspite of her anger, protests, rejection, even after getting beaten up by her comrades.
But that is what the movie is abt, obsessive love, junoon, passion for the beloved, which does not follow logic or common sense.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

u know that song...aati kya khandala?? Mt friend's daughter used to sing...haathi ka anda laa...🤣

That's actually cute 😆

I have sung and understood so many songs differently that now I read the lyrics first before hymning it. There's a song of Aamir called "Loose Control" and I always thought they were some gujarati words which I would never understand. I got a shock to know the words were "Loose Control" 😆
tootyfrooty- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

cracked me up 😆
but i loved this song ...used to listen it on repeat mode.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Actually SRK's character journeys through those 7 stages of Love in the entire movie, with every encounter with Meghna he moves to the next stage of love till he dies in her arms at the end.😭
The beginning parts do seem non kosher in our times of PC as he was obsessively stalking her inspite of her anger, protests, rejection, even after getting beaten up by her comrades.
But that is what the movie is abt, obsessive love, junoon, passion for the beloved, which does not follow logic or common sense.

Obsessive love can be shown without stalking and harassment too! I think if Dil Se is remade we can hope that the male character will show his love in other ways like becoming her friend,listening to her stories, giving his companionship & unconditional love...despite the dangers despite her telling him that relationship with her will not go down well for him...he does anyways...she lets him in because she likes him...there are ways to convince a reluctant person without resorting to stalking & harassment. Lust is also ok...you can lust after someone...but lusting after a reluctant person is problematic. Lust is ok when both are lusting for each other.
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Somewhat like what he did in the blatantly negative characters of Darr and Anjaam?
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Somewhat like what he did in the blatantly negative characters of Darr and Anjaam?

No, in those 2 films he was a psycho, in DS hes an obsessed lover but not a psycho who kills people to get his desired woman.
In Dil Se, when she tells him that shes married, hes shocked and retreats/leaves at once, heartbroken.
In Anjaam, he started stalking the heroine even though she was already married to someone else, in Darr he stalks her even after she gets married. .
In DS when he finds out later that Manisha had lied to him abt being married, then he confronts her why she had lied to him, she sends her comrades to deal with him, they beat him up, he lands up in the hospital, badly injured. He gives up on her, its only later when he meets her in Ladakh that he pursues her again, asking why she lied to him.
Edited by pallavi25 - 6 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Obsessive love can be shown without stalking and harassment too! I think if Dil Se is remade we can hope that the male character will show his love in other ways like becoming her friend,listening to her stories, giving his companionship & unconditional love...despite the dangers despite her telling him that relationship with her will not go down well for him...he does anyways...she lets him in because she likes him...there are ways to convince a reluctant person without resorting to stalking & harassment. Lust is also ok...you can lust after someone...but lusting after a reluctant person is problematic. Lust is ok when both are lusting for each other.

How would he know her story when she would not open up to him, he keeps on asking her name, who she is, where she is from but shes all secretive and mysterious and that increases his obsession for her. It wasnt a normal relationship/friendship, Manisha was not a normal girl, her secrecy and mysterious ways attracted him more to her. The aura of mystery surrounding her ensnared him, he wanted to know her inside out, it wasnt only lust. Watch the film again, I did and understood a lot more than when I watched it first time.
Edited by pallavi25 - 6 years ago