Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
I loved his choices few years back and He has done some amazing films DEV D, Manorama..., ZNMD, Ek challis .. etc . Yet he hardly gets films, Recently Nanu Ki Janu is not getting any good reviews and seems like a washout  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
From what i know of him.. he seems like a recluse.. I feel he's little lazy, unmotivated types.. (I could be wrong, but this what I think about him)
zaniax thumbnail
I guess too many unconventional choices at the prime of his career. Should've balanced it out with commercial flicks.
GumGum thumbnail
Once upon a time sore thumbs used to get attacked for opining that Abhay is a bad actor. Just because he used to do hatke movies the public perception was he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I remember he showed up to an award function a few years back beaten up by T-Series insiders, with a black eye. After that, he slowly faded away.He ws doing decent for himself.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The actors who are known for doing indie films without much starpower these days fade out sooner than regular stars who have zero talent. The reason I think is multiple. Indie filmmakers once they establish themselves are courted by stars who want to establish their credentials as critically acclaimed actors. The indie filmmakers also see working with stars a step up the ladder. That is they think having a star will give them a wider audience. So they are not loyal to the indie actors with whom they once worked with. 
The commercial star hierarchy also is largely controlled by connections as most stars nowadays are insiders. Its easy to get chance after chance for insiders. Whereas the indie space is highly competitive with many outsiders trying to break in. For outsiders the best bets are small indie films which they keep doing till they get noticed. 
Abhay since he only worked as an indie star he never built a fanbase strong enough for directors like Anurag Kashyap to continue with him when he was courted by starkids like Ranbir or insiders like Ranveer. 
Also despite being an insider Abhay never really tried to work on his connections to set himself up. Deols are in general not known for their smartness in this respect.  
--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 2
Abhay Deol was handsome and acted well in movies like Aisha and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara..but he is not passionate enough for work and always took it slow..so he slowly faded away..
Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Took panga with T-series ke maalik. So none of twitter angry being humans, UN charity awarded or MARD or JNU wali supported him.
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
he is the only one who can act from a family comprising of heavy non-actors from dharmendra..to hema..to sunny..to bobby
he is extremely underrated..would love to see him back onscreen..

i guess like someone said..he seems to be a recluse..doesn't do much networking which is vital these days
I don't think he was very good