BNishita thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I made this post to appreciate whoever designs Naira's clothes. I just love Nairas dresses. I havent seen any female lead being given such wonderful indo Western clothes. Would do anything to steal her wardrobe 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

Good thing is being a.bahu she wears western clothes ..Which very very few serials may have shown
kairalover22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yup naira have become a style icon in tv world n her clothes n looks r fab n the costume designer team r doing fab job with the clothes of naira
Zara151 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I love her outifits too, thank gosh we dont have to winess bahus wearing sarees etc.
kairalover22 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zara151

I love her outifits too, thank gosh we dont have to winess bahus wearing sarees etc.

but I would love to see naira more in saree n shivi carries those with grace
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't get the obsession people have with western outfits. We as Indians need to stop looking at Indian outfits as something inferior.
I know many here won't agree with me but I don't see anything great in aping the west for everything. Our dresses suit our climate, their ones suit theirs.
Wearing western outfits doesn't make someone modern and wearing traditional.outfits is not boring or doesn't make the wearer any inferior.
female scientists of ISRO who were a part of mission mars wear sarees to their lab , does that make them any less intelligent??
Apple_Amber thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

I don't get the obsession people have with western outfits. We as Indians need to stop looking at Indian outfits as something inferior.

I know many here won't agree with me but I don't see anything great in aping the west for everything. Our dresses suit our climate, their ones suit theirs.
Wearing western outfits doesn't make someone modern and wearing traditional.outfits is not boring or doesn't make the wearer any inferior.
female scientists of ISRO who were a part of mission mars wear sarees to their lab , does that make them any less intelligent??

Dear, Would like to make a little addition here. Its not about being modern traditional or moderate in your individual outlook or perspective.
I for one loves it all be it western or Indian and I am equally comfortable in Indian western or Indo western. I wont like to chose any one when I can wear all three depending on my mood.

But I think the point here is to denote the fact that clothes are been stereotyped in Indian telly. Off late we are served through the shows that if a character is negative she will be given western dresses but if she is positive she has to clad in saree or soot as if wearing anything other than Soot or Sari will make you less goody! Or less virtuous! If you remember Doordarshan very few female leads used to wear westerns ie Geetha Vishwas (Shaktimaan)

But now a days the trend has changed for good. In real life we girls wear what we want. And we keep experimenting with different looks in different moods So same is applicable in Tellyworld. Cvz have taken care of it nicely. Even Akshra was given nice traditional dresses then nice westerns and towards the end some wonderful indo westerns. And she rocked in it all.

Same goes for Niara and Keerti. They wear all kind of clothes which is a treat to watch. AS its cool to the eyes as well it imparts a social message that girls worth should not be judged on the basis of her clothes. We are beautiful in every which way, in every given dress. Wearing westerns won't make one a less Indian, its just a matter of individual taste and choice. We wear what makes us feel confident for you it can be westerns for me it can be Indo westerns, Indian or Punjabi.

Coming back to the topic maker, dear I too love Hina Khan and Naira's dresses both in reel and real life. Other characters or actor's wardrobe that I like/liked are Shagun (Yeh Hia Mohabattein) Ridhi Dogra (Nisha, Woh apna sa) Nia Sharma (Real) Hina (Big boss, Yeh Rishta) Jennifer Winget (Bepanah and in real life too she rocks in both Westerns and Indians)

Naira looked very pretty in Switzerland track when she wore that peach/pink sari in the dream sequence song Khuda jane! And I think once she wore a white Saree during a piya bawri sequence and it wa slovely i missed that episode. I have not seen that episode during Keerti Naksh alliance where Naira was wearing black top and jeans or something and she had high ponytail, I was mesmerized with that look. Saw in teh sbs segments she was hugging Natik. I also loved her yellow saree layered with a diaphanouscape which she draped wonderfully I think it was Rakhi.

Check it here!

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/stylebuzz/40535-stylebuzz-yeh-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai-to-witness-high-octane-glam.htm
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Apple_Amber

Dear, Would like to make a little addition here. Its not about being modern traditional or moderate in your individual outlook or perspective.
I for one loves it all be it western or Indian and I am equally comfortable in Indian western or Indo western. I wont like to chose any one when I can wear all three depending on my mood.

But I think the point here is to denote the fact that clothes are been stereotyped in Indian telly. Off late we are served through the shows that if a character is negative she will be given western dresses but if she is positive she has to clad in saree or soot as if wearing anything other than Soot or Sari will make you less goody! Or less virtuous! If you remember Doordarshan very few female leads used to wear westerns ie Geetha Vishwas (Shaktimaan)

But now a days the trend has changed for good. In real life we girls wear what we want. And we keep experimenting with different looks in different moods So same is applicable in Tellyworld. Cvz have taken care of it nicely. Even Akshra was given nice traditional dresses then nice westerns and towards the end some wonderful indo westerns. And she rocked in it all.

Same goes for Niara and Keerti. They wear all kind of clothes which is a treat to watch. AS its cool to the eyes as well it imparts a social message that girls worth should not be judged on the basis of her clothes. We are beautiful in every which way, in every given dress. Wearing westerns won't make one a less Indian, its just a matter of individual taste and choice. We wear what makes us feel confident for you it can be westerns for me it can be Indo westerns, Indian or Punjabi.

Coming back to the topic maker, dear I too love Hina Khan and Naira's dresses both in reel and real life. Other characters or actor's wardrobe that I like/liked are Shagun (Yeh Hia Mohabattein) Ridhi Dogra (Nisha, Woh apna sa) Nia Sharma (Real) Hina (Big boss, Yeh Rishta) Jennifer Winget (Bepanah and in real life too she rocks in both Westerns and Indians)

Naira looked very pretty in Switzerland track when she wore that peach/pink sari in the dream sequence song Khuda jane! And I think once she wore a white Saree during a piya bawri sequence and it wa slovely i missed that episode. I have not seen that episode during Keerti Naksh alliance where Naira was wearing black top and jeans or something and she had high ponytail, I was mesmerized with that look. Saw in teh sbs segments she was hugging Natik. I also loved her yellow saree layered with a diaphanouscape which she draped wonderfully I think it was Rakhi.

Check it here!

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/stylebuzz/40535-stylebuzz-yeh-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai-to-witness-high-octane-glam.htm

Wearing indian outfits in india on an indian show isn't stereotyping. Well, the mindset of present day girls is looking at Indian outfits as something inferior to Western outfits and it is wrong because each country's outfits are based on it's geographical conditions.
Apple_Amber thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

Wearing indian outfits in india on an indian show isn't stereotyping. Well, the mindset of present day girls is looking at Indian outfits as something inferior to Western outfits and it is wrong because each country's outfits are based on it's geographical conditions.

To sum it up No clothes are inferior as clothes do represent something of its culture or nation. You may not be comfortable in a saree or soot but that does not give you the right to call someone inferior who is comfortable in them, and vice versa.

We are global creatures and if we want to wear clothes from other civilizations too we should not be discouraged as we should respect one's individuality and preferences. We should have respect for what we wear and what others wear. Wearing traditional should not get you the 'Behenji tag' and carrying westerns shan't let others term you loose. Its what you actually are that matters not what others think of you. Stereotypes are fading slowly (being judgmental about one's clothes.)

Last, i love my sarees and Shorts equally! 😊