Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Well I am insensitive jackass. I feel this whole thing was too much. I agree people have sentiments and i am definitely not in mood to ruin anyone's sentiments right now so just expressing my opinion for the sake of expressing it. dont like it? i didnt say you have to like it. RIP Shridevi. She was icon.
707793 thumbnail

Bolne ka bhaav,shabdo ko accha bura bana deta hai..
varna welcome to doormats pe bhi likha hota hai ...Z
SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
From my knowledge, she had the honor cos she was given padmashri award. I remember another actress Kalpana who passed away 2 years ago was also given the same honor, and that time I read someone comment on twitter saying that she got the honor because she was awarded the national award for her acting in one of her films. I deduce that anyone be it actor or from any other field(besides the military/police/those in civil service) who have received any form of national honor from Indian government gets the honor during their funeral.

@TM hope you got the answer you were looking for. I know your question was genuine but maybe you could have worded your post better. I understand why some fans here got angry but then again attacking you was also uncalled for.
Edited by 55sasa55 - 6 years ago
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
If urban naxal like gauri lankesh can get a state funeral, sridevi who has done a lot of charity work deserved it more.
Also stop acting like only being in army counts as contribution to the nation. Even arts, science contribute to the nation.

In 54years of life , sridevi acted for 50 years that is a quite a feat.I don't see any problem in her getting a state funeral.
Anyways the topic was made in a bad taste so I don't think i should be typing more than this.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

This is a rather insenstive post to make at this time especially speculating who will be next. It was not needed. Topic closed.

- BWF DT