Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

But Doctors/Accountants/Farmers do not have fans, they do not have followers. There are many jobs in the world that are just jobs -and they are not public figures.

Things are different when you are a public figure, especially if you are a loved public figure. Its not an obsession...this is just the way things are. Public Figures are heavily followed, loved and being a fan of someone is not a bad thing. Sridevi didn't fight any wars, nor did she die for her country... but she is the public's heart. She has a very special place in all our hearts. There is nothing wrong in loving a celebrity and giving them honor. Sridevi is not an ordinary person...

Its not like the Army showed up or something. I don't even see politicians there. So people need to relax and stop overreacting.

Even our soldiers do not have following' per say. So they shouldn't be honoured for the actual work they do for the nation? What is the point here? Indian civilian awards or the privilege of being carried into the tri-colour to your death bed are not awarded because you are in people's heart or something. It is awarded for the service to the nation. It is awarded for the brave who take a bullet in their bodies to safeguard the country, being one of the many examples.

Everyone is sad for the sudden demise but I am sorry what is wrong is wrong. I have immense respect for the police, the army, the sportsperson who actually bring the country honour, gives away their lives and some privileges should be reserved :) Also about the overreaction, people in turn should stop overreacting by saying DONT MENTION SRIDEVI' in every post.
Edited by vib. - 6 years ago
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vib.

I searched - Padma Shree doesn't equate to being wrapped into the flag. About 70 people can also receive it in a year, they don't get the privilege. She was given state honour which is why she got the privilege, state honour for what that I don't know.

Also if this is the case then Then all our major doctors, farmers, accountants should also be given the honour? the film industry is too hyped imo. Somethings are reserved for the brave & for the competent, those who give out their lives to the nation, bring it pride and phir shaheed hote hain.

OBSESSION WITH FILM INDUSTRY IS TOO DAMN HIGH MAN.

@bold-State honour for being one of the biggest actors of an industry that acts as a major source of income for the state of Maharashtra. Every film industry of the respective state is highly regarded not because they are obsessed but because film industries provide a lot of employment and revenue opportunities for the state, the reason why its a film 'industry', just like any other industry.

Arts is as much an integral part of our survival as is agriculture, banking, agriculture, etc. and the reason why the field of arts is also included in top honors, be it the Nobel Prize or the Padma awards. And Sridevi was an artist. Just because she did not fight for the country doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a state honour. Her body of work and stardom speaks for itself, probably the reason why the decision of giving a state honour is first discussed with the cabinet ministers and then announced and not because people are obsessed with the film industry. If that was the case, then every big actor passing away would get a state honour which doesn't happen. Recently, only Shashi Kapoor, Suchitra Sen and now Sridevi has received state honors.
Edited by here4reviews - 6 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There is no need to get so hyper over a flag. It's just a flag. Why do people get so touchy about human made up stuff like flags!! 😕

^Ya exactly. You can be honored by the state for your contribution to the arts! Every field has its place. Cinema can save lives too not that it is a necessary condition for state honor :-)
Edited by LifeOLicious - 6 years ago
vib. thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

There is no need to get so hyper over a flag. It's just a flag. Why do people get so touchy about human made up stuff like flags!! 😕

^Ya exactly. You can be honored by the state for your contribution to the arts! Every field has its place. Cinema can save lives too not that it is a necessary condition for state honor :-)

Because it is our National Flag not just a flag' and atleast the Indians I know have immense respect for it and it isn't just a physical entity for us.

One side there is the brave who die in war or the competent who bring us honour and one side this over-hyped industry. Let's hope every Bollywood star, Television star, farmer, normal citizen get this honour so that nothing special and respectful is left for the actual deserving. Anyways each to their own. 😊
BeingTigress thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think it was announced mid-day...few hours before cremation?
The turn out was massive...really massive..i don't think anyone was expecting such a crowd ..

She has served indians for almost 50 years, doesn't matter if it's in the entertainment field. I think to create such an impact inspite of not being fully active in the last decade is commendable. She has touched many peoples life with her performances and dances. People remember her . her crowd turnout was that of we would expect a MALE celebrity to get...

In the women i think rekha will get state honor. I feel jaya will also. Both were awarded padma in some point in there life.

Honestly because no one expected sridevi to be honored this way, now everyone will expect it for themselves as well moving forward.

BeingTigress thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Anyone wants to wrap their respective flags on their corpse, you can do so as someone who loves their country. No one will stop or can stop you.

Instead of concentrating on why sridevi was given this honor, maybe concentrate on whats happening in syria. Your opinion would matter more on that situation.

Let her rest in peace already .

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes national flag is national honor and that means for the nation. The highest honor is giving your life for the country and nothing can match it. Equating it with glamour and glitz is disrespectful of the sacrifice. No one can be more deserving than those who stand 24/7 for the nation and at times give their life's in defending it. What has been done cannot be undone but the Govt can change this for future. Let national honor remain supreme.
sherlockthor thumbnail
She was a national icon who imparted joy to millions.
This is also a very honourable job.
She deserved that honour.
Can't believe people are debating this.
And also it was the state's decision and people are very happy about it.
Giving joy and entertaining people is a very noble job too.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
She has done a lot of charity work, which we came to know yesterday only. I know most celebs do charity work. But It was a revelation that she didn't leak such information while alive.
Won't argue if she deserved the national Honor or not. But since people mentioned that she doesn't, I thought of sharing this charity information.
vib. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Yes national flag is national honor and that means for the nation. The highest honor is giving your life for the country and nothing can match it. Equating it with glamour and glitz is disrespectful of the sacrifice. No one can be more deserving than those who stand 24/7 for the nation and at times give their life's in defending it. What has been done cannot be undone but the Govt can change this for future. Let national honor remain supreme.

Thank you !!