Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Another interesting topic would be obsession... The thin layer between love and hate etc

No matter what the topic of discussion is without fail bringing up the same but totally unrelated topic... Never seen this previously even with Messaih
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I searched - Padma Shree doesn't equate to being wrapped into the flag. About 70 people can also receive it in a year, they don't get the privilege. She was given state honour which is why she got the privilege, state honour for what that I don't know.

Also if this is the case then Then all our major doctors, farmers, accountants should also be given the honour? the film industry is too hyped imo. Somethings are reserved for the brave & for the competent, those who give out their lives to the nation, bring it pride and phir shaheed hote hain.

OBSESSION WITH FILM INDUSTRY IS TOO DAMN HIGH MAN.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Well, it's because people from the art field to get this honor. I'm not being insensitive here but I do feel that people who have contributed their life to the country should be honored. I don't get why film stars should be getting this honor as they haven't done anything for the country as a whole nor sacrificed their lives as soldiers. Along with arts they give such an honor to sports stars as well as those in the field of science and medicine.
briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
if its cos of Padma Shree award , then Kangana and Vidya Balan might get awarded for this award in future, not 100% sure, but maybe..who knows.
don't know about aishwariya rai, she also awarded already?

and then some will say, but Balan and Kangana are not superstars and child artists, their contributions are less than Sridevi and Amitabh B. Okay, but then the 3 khans are superstars, and have massive fan followings. Should they be honored?

and I am sorry members if I don't come and respond to youz anymore, forgive me, cos I have post limitations. I have completed my three months already. its almost six months now, but my limits are still 15 posts a day. so pardon me, I am still serving my time and not out from jail yet. still under review, maybe due to these insensitive posts I am making, don't know.

anyway, I will try to post, maybe some magic happens...

but forgive if any feelings hurt
peace for today.
Edited by briahna - 6 years ago
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

if its cos of Padma Shree award , then Kangana and Vidya Balan might get awarded for this award in future, not 100% sure, but maybe..who knows.

and then some will say, but Balan and Kangana are not superstars and child artists, their contributions are less than Sridevi and Amitabh B. Okay, but then the 3 khans are superstars, and have massive fan followings. Should they be honored?

and I am sorry members if I don't come and respond to youz anymore, forgive me, cos I have post limitations. I have completed my three months already. its almost six months now, but my limits are still 15 posts a day. so pardon me, I am still serving my time and not out from jail yet. still under review, maybe due to these insensitive posts I am making, don't know.

peace for today.

Don't know about Balan but Kangs is a megastar,don't take the posts against her seriously.This forum loves to hate on her.
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

peace for today.

As I mentioned it's not because of Padma shree and definitely not deserved.
farah53 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

international?

okay, so maybe priyanka chopra, aishwariya rai, and who knows deepika have a shot at this.
I have a feeling all three khans will also be draped.

Discussing possible future postmortem/funeral rituals of currently healthy and hale individuals, who are some of them also mama's and papa's to varying ages of kids, does come across as insensitive.

Time is of the essence. This same topic could have been raised months later and I am sure all of the forum regulars would take an active participation in the discussion. But even then, I doubt discussion would be appreciated if it veered in the lanes- if X dies, would he/she be given such and such honors?

Anyways, I am sure TM didn't mean any harm by the topic, it's just speculating or even talking about deaths of healthy and alive people comes across as insensitive in and on itself.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: vib.

I searched - Padma Shree doesn't equate to being wrapped into the flag. About 70 people can also receive it in a year, they don't get the privilege. She was given state honour which is why she got the privilege, state honour for what that I don't know.

Also if this is the case then Then all our major doctors, farmers, accountants should also be given the honour? the film industry is too hyped imo. Somethings are reserved for the brave & for the competent, those who give out their lives to the nation, bring it pride and phir shaheed hote hain.

OBSESSION WITH FILM INDUSTRY IS TOO DAMN HIGH MAN.

But Doctors/Accountants/Farmers do not have fans, they do not have followers. There are many jobs in the world that are just jobs -and they are not public figures.

Things are different when you are a public figure, especially if you are a loved public figure. Its not an obsession...this is just the way things are. Public Figures are heavily followed, loved and being a fan of someone is not a bad thing. Sridevi didn't fight any wars, nor did she die for her country... but she is the public's heart. She has a very special place in all our hearts. There is nothing wrong in loving a celebrity and giving them honor. Sridevi is not an ordinary person...

Its not like the Army showed up or something. I don't even see politicians there. So people need to relax and stop overreacting.
briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

But Doctors/Accountants/Farmers do not have fans, they do not have followers. There are many jobs in the world that are just jobs -and they are not public figures.

Things are different when you are a public figure, especially if you are a loved public figure. Its not an obsession...this is just the way things are. Public Figures are heavily followed, loved and being a fan of someone is not a bad thing. Sridevi didn't fight any wars, nor did she die for her country... but she is the public's heart. She has a very special place in all our hearts. There is nothing wrong in loving a celebrity and giving them honor. Sridevi is not an ordinary person...

Its not like the Army showed up or something. I don't even see politicians there. So people need to relax and stop overreacting.

testing testing testing...pls god make this post work.

shaitan, so if 3 khans, shah, salman, and amir, win Padmasheree, and National Award, and we all know they are so special , and they are huge...do you think they also have chance?

yess it worked, thank you god.
Edited by briahna - 6 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
If Corrupt politicians can get state honor why not legendry actors ?