Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
This thread is insensitive. Anyway to answer your question ideally only military, police, high office holders and elected representatives get the flag. But it is the discretion of the state government to give it to others. Like the UP government gave it to a mob lyncher to play politics so Sridevi is much above such a person. At least she was a renowned actress in every sense.
briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
so yesterday, we shouldn't judge
today we can judge the members.

MJ , I loved, his music, his contribution towards entertainment, arts, heal the world foundation, whatever...but please don't drape him with a flag.

briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

Why the fuss over being wrapped in the national flag? She represented India on an international level and deserved it.<div></div>

international?

okay, so maybe priyanka chopra, aishwariya rai, and who knows deepika have a shot at this.
I have a feeling all three khans will also be draped.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Here is an article on state funeral.
https://m.rediff.com/news/report/state-funerals-who-receives-the-honour-and-why/20121118.htm

I remember Kannadiga superstar Rajkumar and Bengali superstar Suchitra Sen have been given a state funeral. So Sridevi isn't the first actor to get one.
Edited by TheRager - 6 years ago
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: briahna

international?

okay, so maybe priyanka chopra, aishwariya rai, and who knows deepika have a shot at this.
I have a feeling all three khans will also be draped.

Yeah she was offered Jurassic Park. Plus she made headline everywhere.

And god!! whats your fascination with people dying. Everyone has to die someday and we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheRager

This thread is insensitive. Anyway to answer your question ideally only military, police, high office holders and elected representatives get the flag. But it is the discretion of the state government to give it to others. Like the UP government gave it to a mob lyncher to play politics so Sridevi is much above such a person. At least she was a renowned actress in every sense.

@bold:agree...Shashi Kapoor was given state honor...
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This topic is extremely insensitive. Why even think about anyone's death?
Chingaari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Most Liked (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -RD-

Just when i feel i have read the worst something even worse comes before my eyes, sadly insensitivity has no bounds!

And when naxals like Gauri Lankesh can get state honours why not Sridevi!

Equally insensitive IMO
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Typically national flags are reserved for military and highly decorated civilians. Since celebrities tend to have such an emotional space in the minds of Indians, the interpretation of civilians has always been held loosely.
Sidebar: Why are people so offended by discussion of death? My family and some friends have a morbid sense of humor and we often make jokes about dying - either ourselves or others in the circle. It makes death more palatable and less terrifying by being able to joke about it.

pakeezah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Sridevi was recipient of Padmashri. I think that's why she got a national sending off.
And I'm sick of this don't talk, don't talk, about the death.

Maybe it's a matter of differing perspectives but I feel people are going overboard. I didn't see any disrespect to the celeb concerned if a derisive remark is made about Trump in a thread. It's a discussion. Respects have been paid many times over.

The world does not have to come to a standstill.