who else will be draped in National Flag?

briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
this came as a surprise to me, draping of NF for Sri.

don't know which Hollywood icon was draped with American Flag. I know Donald Duck will be draped as well, cos he made America PROUD Again.

how does it work in India?
does the States decide this?
do you have to be a superstar, legend, awarded Padma Shiri, National Award
do they also look at how much samajh sehwa you have done with all your over flow cash? like any foundation, like being human, or built any school, helped poor, and all that.

so who else will make the cut from the entertainment section:

Amitabh
Rajnikanth
Sachin T.

now how about Khans? will they be also draped?
amir, shah and salman.

oh when Donald will be draped I will add a LMAO
Edited by briahna - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

668837 thumbnail
I haven't commented on any topic regarding Sridevi's death because it's just so sad and so soon.
But you just sound so insensitive especially with your Trump inclusion that I just had to.
Give it a rest man.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: briahna

this came as a surprise to me, draping of NF for Sri.

don't know which Hollywood icon was draped with American Flag. I know Donald Duck will be draped as well, cos he made America PROUD Again.

how does it work in India?
does the States decide this?
do you have to be a superstar, legend, awarded Padma Shiri, National Award
do they also look at how much samajh sehwa you have done with all your over flow cash? like any foundation, like being human, or built any school, helped poor, and all that.

so who else will make the cut from the entertainment section:

Amitabh
Rajnikanth
Sachin T.

now how about Khans? will they be also draped?
amir, shah and salman.

oh when Donald will be draped I will add a LMAO

Also bcz he's American President

All presidents get that honor... and will in the future, be it Clinton or Obama or Jimmy Carter

They are also addressed as President always even after their term ends
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
The Flag Code of India

Every country has a Flag Code. The flag code is a set of rules to be followed in regard to the use of the national flag in various capacities. From hoisting the national flag to draping it over a casket, it contains things to do and things that cannot be done.

According to Section V of the Flag Code of India,

"The Flag shall not be used as a drapery in any form whatsoever except in State/Military/Central Para military Forces funerals herein after provided.

The Flag shall not be used as a drapery in any form whatsoever, including private funerals;

The Flag shall not be draped over the hood, top, sides or back of a vehicle, train or boat.

It is now on the discretion of the state government, which will decide who will be accorded a state funeral, depending on the stature of the deceased. There are no set guidelines.

The government takes into consideration the contribution made by the person to the state in various fields like politics, literature, law, science and cinema.

The chief minister of the concerned state takes a decision after consultations with his senior cabinet colleagues.

Once a decision is taken on the issue, it is conveyed to senior police officials including the deputy commissioner, the police commissioner and the superintendent of police, who have to make all the arrangements for a state funeral.

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Just when i feel i have read the worst something even worse comes before my eyes, sadly insensitivity has no bounds!

And when naxals like Gauri Lankesh can get state honours why not Sridevi!

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Wrapping the body in National flag was not necessary, but it's not something too objectionable either (ofcourse some people will take issue with that, but I dont think it's a big deal)...

To answer your question, probably anyone who is deemed to have contributed significantly towards any sector in the country, be it the arts, politics or sports.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
But TM raises a valid pint

Don't think any HW icons were or would be draped in national flag in the future (not even Meryl Streep, unless they change the law for her)

It's used only in military funerals and some civil servants such as law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and Presidents

Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Why the fuss over being wrapped in the national flag? She represented India on an international level and deserved it.
briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aish.

I haven't commented on any topic regarding Sridevi's death because it's just so sad and so soon.

But you just sound so insensitive especially with your Trump inclusion that I just had to.
Give it a rest man.

sorry if I came so insensitive...I am serious. i am not perfect.

zeal and filmi...thnx for the details.

i just don't know how to select, especially from arts, entertainment section for this honor.
seriously, so surprising!
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

But TM raises a valid pint

Don't think any HW icons were or would be draped in national flag in the future (not even Meryl Streep, unless they change the law for her)

It's used only in military funerals and some civil servants such as law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and Presidents

Problem is not with the point she has raised but the tone of the writing.

Unnecessary. Untimely. Insensitive.