Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
I actually agree with her, if youre living in a country where you do not feel secure or safe at any time, you need to be smart and watch out for yourself. Thiugh there will be situations whr you feel helpless and take a risk but always listen to your instincts.

I for one would never get in a auto with three men who are strangers, could be intoxicated or drunk, sexual predators.

Secondly make yourself physically stronger and more alert to get away from a unlikely situation.

My heart breaks every time i hear a rape story.,
A_Derry_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This is a highly impractical advice.
I have to travel during key office hours, and most of the times my co-passengers are male. So should I wait forever and get late for work everyday in order find an 'appropriate' auto. Hell, I have even got on to buses where the other passengers are consists of only males.   
My point is, if we take these 'precautions', we wont able to live our lives normally ever.

However, if you find yourself with an intoxicated  co-passenger, or even someone having suspicious behavior, then try and get out from here or call for help .
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: mz.gigglez

I actually agree with her, if youre living in a country where you do not feel secure or safe at any time, you need to be smart and watch out for yourself. Thiugh there will be situations whr you feel helpless and take a risk but always listen to your instincts.

I for one would never get in a auto with three men who are strangers, could be intoxicated or drunk, sexual predators.

Secondly make yourself physically stronger and more alert to get away from a unlikely situation.

My heart breaks every time i hear a rape story.,

Precisely what I was trying to say when I was 'blaming the victim for being raped"
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
When you're waiting for a long time and you're in a rush, you can't niptick ki kaunse auto mein kaun h.  I've traveled in autos where I was the only girl, though in Kolkata auto is safer cause  they mainly travel very short distances and have a  scheduled stoppage,line n all that.Still there's been times I get scared.

But what can I do I'm tired of living like I'm living in a zombie apocalyptic world, cautious all the time, getting used to groping in public transport, calculating every move cause I may risk my life. Ab aur nahi Saha jata frankly. It's absolutely  breaks you. 
List of things a girl shouldn't do to be safe is just increasing day bydayn
Edited by Pemberleydreams - 6 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Pemberleydreams

When you're waiting for a long time and you're in a rush, you can't niptick ki kaunse auto mein kaun h. I've traveled in autos where I was the only girl, what else can I do I'm tired of living like I'm living in a zombie apocalyptic world, cautious all the time, getting used to groping in public transport, calculating every move cause I may risk my life. Ab aur nahi Saha jata frankly. It's absolutely  breaks you.

Unfortunately what alternative do we have?
Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

Pehle to law will have to be harsh if rapists get hanged in every case  the fear will decrease  rape incidents I think, also strict CCTV footage checking for every road .  But these are long time processes but we're not even starting.
Kya bolu main yamyam it's just upsetting everyday when I go out  have a paper spray in bag in bus have to guard my backside with college bag, in autos have to be sure the three or four men sitting don't know each other, that I won't be the last one left in the auto.Boarding a taxi when alone to vul hi jao.  Aur I don't see it even changing a bit in near future aisehi chalega and we just get used to living in so much fear 
jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What next? The victim should not have stepped out so late at night?

Being careful is one thing but why do we have to be so insensitive as to point fingers at the victim at this point? Also we have to remember that she probably had to take a shared auto not out of choice but in a desperation to get home. Not everybody is privileged to afford a cab everyday.

Its your f**king right to move around freely at whatever time you want and not live in a constant fear. No exceptions there. PERIOD.
Charaiveti thumbnail

Originally posted by: jibber-jabber

What next? The victim should not have stepped out so late at night?

Being careful is one thing but why do we have to be so insensitive as to point fingers at the victim at this point? Also we have to remember that she probably had to take a shared auto not out of choice but in a desperation to get home. Not everybody is privileged to afford a cab everyday.

Its your f**king right to move around freely at whatever time you want and not live in a constant fear. No exceptions there. PERIOD.

This. Parents are there to give safety instructions as a MP kiran's job is to strive for justice to be served and the rapists to be hanged. 
And yes aur Kya Kya pabandi lagegi ,  Aur kitna bardast Kare aur bas nahi hota
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

You can start by not accepting the status quo and stop supporting lawmakers when they want women to cower down and live in fear, and especially when they make such regressive statements. Not everyone has the same luxuries to refuse to enter a public transport cause men are in it. You say we should adapt and adjust till the system changes and there is greater security in place. But why will the govt make these changes if women accept their lot like abla naaris and wait for change to come to them. If you live in constant fear no one will hear your voice, you need to scream and shout and protest and outrage even if it is against something as measly as this statement by Kirron. 
jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pemberleydreams

This. Parents are there to give safety instructions as a MP kiran's job is to strive for justice to be served and the rapists to be hanged.
And yes aur Kya Kya pabandi lagegi , Aur kitna bardast Kare aur bas nahi hota

Exactly. Safety ka gyaan dene ka kaam family and friends ka hai. As an MP and policy maker, you have to make sure such incidents don't take place. Politicians speaking like this sound like losers. How pessimistic and regressive! 👎🏼