Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
I understand where she is coming from and believe me I intend to try to advise my kids about how to protect themselves as much as possible. It is dangerous to hear this advice from a public official because so many men seem so confused about what consent means. I recently read pretty scary statistics on polls of US male college students who thought if a girl agreed to go to his room it meant she had consented to sex or how many think it's okay to proceed through what they perceive as "playful resistance . I worry a (stupid, self centered) man will hear this and think if I girl takes a ride in a vehicle with men it must mean she is "looking for it' or something. We need to do a better job of educating our sons on what consent means and that nothing remotely sexual is okay unless you are 100% sure consent is mutual.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: StinsonIsHere

Understood? NOPE. If it was then we wouldn't have rape cases everyday. A Teacher makes you repeat- Honesty is the Best Policy thousand times so that when you try doing sth different than your conscience says from within that this is against what you were told. We, as a country, need to enunciate the fact that women are no Khuli-Tijori for one to do whatever they wish to, again and again.

As for Shared Cabs/Autos? Have taken many. Even the cheapest of the lot i.e. 5/10 Rs. mein falana falana jagah. There are places where such rickshaws are way safer than the Personal ones. Personally I take uber pool many a times. It is a convenient option. Safe too but have heard bad incidents in such cabs too.

Understood se I mean, accepted.. I don't Know.. Ever since I read that baby raping thing, I have lost hope that things can ever change.. These animals will never change

So like these autos are usually safe?
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^At some places. For sure. Especially places which are not fully developed and auto walas tend to take weird turns to avoid taking long U-turns in case of personal auto rides. Some of these places are totally isolated, with nothing but land dug up for construction.Edited by StinsonIsHere - 6 years ago
PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rape is never equivalent to consensual sex happening outside marraige. It is a shame to compare the two.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: StinsonIsHere

^At some places. For sure. Especially places which are not fully developed and auto walas tend to take weird turns to avoid taking long U-turns in case of personal auto rides. Some of these places are totally isolated, with nothing but land dug up for construction.

But then isn't it really frightening to be at such places with complete strangers? 

I mean the only reason I prefer rikshas is that I think one I can handle if he tries to be tricky, you know with the safety stuff I carry.. But more than one? That just feels really really frightening to me but then maybe because I have never heard of this shared riksha thing before
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhunsukWangdu

Rape is never equivalent to consensual sex happening outside marraige. It is a shame to compare the two.

Major eye rolls at the gross misinterpretation.. I wasn't comparing the two situations but your stand on the two things.. 
Not unlike you when you are exposing my hypocrisy😆
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

But then isn't it really frightening to be at such places with complete strangers?

I mean the only reason I prefer rikshas is that I think one I can handle if he tries to be tricky, you know with the safety stuff I carry.. But more than one? That just feels really really frightening to me but then maybe because I have never heard of this shared riksha thing before

Oh you'd be surprised how one of the most corporate places in India is like this. There is no choice. You gotta go there. Pooling vehicles is a great idea. Buses, Trains, Flights, Kaali-Peeli taxis, GPS enabled Cabs or a rickshaw. All of them are driven by strangers and are mostly shared with other stranger co-passengers. How would one travel agar banda yahi sochta rahe.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Its shocking and very scary sounding to be honest but I guess it requires getting used to
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
well honestly i follow this rule, i once faced groping in a public transport years back and since then i stopped taking public transport at all, specially when iam travelling alone. I use ola to travel now, i rather prefer to travel alone that too in an auto because i feel much safe, coz u can jump from them and i never go to any distant place alone. People say iam not bold enough but actually i feel scared, there's no safety anywhere.
That being said, despite all the precautions there are circumstances beyond your control. There's risk even in walking on the roads too, even in public places too, so honestly people in power should work towards providing better  safety to women and starting harsh punishments for culprits and also police in northern India is damn corrupt, so there should be actions on them too.
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Woah .. typical Indian mentality to start advising girls on what to do and what not to do instead of stating it outright in strong tone that such shit will not be tolerated and such men will be punished to the severest. I mean the common moms saying such thing is one thing because their ability to change the system is pretty much very limited. But a minister mom saying this is sick. If you want to do something as a mother then get these men punished to such an extent that other men won't dare to do something sick again. Ensure that there is a better environment available for girls and that the boys are taught to behave better. This is because this minister mom has the power and reach that can actually change the system. But then if you are just an asshole who wants to enjoy the privileges and not work on anything substantial then it is better to just advise the women. I strongly agree with whoever thinks that this is indeed victim blaming in an indirect way. Kiron Kher should just shut up and better focus on the work. But guess that's too much to expect from these entitled lazy people.