Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

She did not blame the victim.. she is just trying to say that in the polluted world that we live un precautions havr to taken and one such precaution would be to avoid venturuing into a place with men when you are alone.. No, you are not to be blamed if the men are pathetic inhumane creatures but you do have it in your hands ti protect yourself from these animals as much as you can till there comes a time if ever when such measures would not be required

Quoting this member for posterity in case this member decides to break out her caps again.

OT: Kiron Kher is pathetic. She is a celebrity, if she wanted she could get along with other celebs and politicians and come up with measures to help women travel better and increase safety overall, bring changes in law enforcement, etc.  instead of blaming them for traveling in buses and taxis. 
Edited by Chameli_billi - 6 years ago
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
she does have a point,also she dint blame the victim,these media people!!!!!!!
 my dad always tells me never to board an auton with only men ,he even tells me never to board if there is another guys sitting with the driver in front,let alone behind
adding the girl is also not at fault though  may be it was late night and she was tired and wanted to reach home as fast as she could happens with everyone one time or the other
Edited by djoker - 6 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Quoting this member for posterity in case this member decides to break out her caps again.

OT: Kiron Kher is pathetic. She is a celebrity, if she wanted she could get along with other celebs and politicians and come up with measures to help women travel better and increase safety overall, bring changes in law enforcement, etc.  instead of blaming them for traveling in buses and taxis. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I am honestly very disappointed with Kirron. Didn't expect her to be this way at all. But I reckon power gets to everyone. i once waited for an auto for 1 hour & it was winter, already dark in Delhi. It's very easy to give such "well-meanings advice" when you have power, money & millions of jewels. The next time she is stranded somewhere, and can't reach anyone, just ask her to sell her earrings & she could finance a Mercedes to travel in comfortably.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Princess: Yes, they do. It cuts costs/can be the only vehicle you can travel by etc. So they do. I use public transport all the time, it is actually the only way I travel in & around Delhi if I am alone since I do not know how to drive & will not ask my parents to drop me off places because that's ridiculous. You get into the first auto you can find, especially if the circumstances compel you to. Coming from a privileged politician who was/is a prominent actress with access to lot of resources, money or power, it's very saddening. Bips is ABSOLUTELY right when she says that this advice should not come from a public personality because it essentially, IS victim-blaming no matter how cloaked it is. It's absolutely a disgusting mentality & Kirron I thought, was one of the very very very few progressive ones.
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
One must not say some things on certain occasions. Her advice may make sense but the point is, it is generic AF and is bordering on Victim-blaming. Why not say that Men should learn to keep it in their pants. This Akeli Ladki khuli tijori mentality is the reason of harassment women face eveywhere.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: StinsonIsHere

One must not say some things on certain occasions. Her advice may make sense but the point is, it is generic AF and is bordering on Victim-blaming. Why not say that Men should learn to keep it in their pants. This Akeli Ladki khuli tijori mentality is the reason of harassment women face eveywhere.

Cuz thats kind of understood now? Men, no animals cannot keep it in their pants.. When they don't leave little babies, larkian kia hain?

By the way, I gotta ask you guys.. Don't you guys get scared with this shared auto thing? I was once in a bus and the other lady got off and I got frightened to the extent that I got off with her as well though it wasn't my stop.. Doesn't this, given the times we live in scare you guys?
PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Women are women's worst enemies. Never shame the men for doing wrong and speak of feminism when it is their idol or his family.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhunsukWangdu

Women are women's worst enemies. Never shame the men for doing wrong and speak of feminism when it is their idol or his family.

Dude you are someone who believes man has the right to cheat if his wife cannot keep him happy.. So don't even try to bring in the shaming men thing and do mauke pe chauka 
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

Cuz thats kind of understood now? Men, no animals cannot keep it in their pants.. When they don't leave little babies, larkian kia hain?

By the way, I gotta ask you guys.. Don't you guys get scared with this shared auto thing? I was once in a bus and the other lady got off and I got frightened to the extent that I got off with her as well though it wasn't my stop.. Doesn't this, given the times we live in scare you guys?

Understood? NOPE. If it was then we wouldn't have rape cases everyday. A Teacher makes you repeat- Honesty is the Best Policy thousand times so that when you try doing sth different than your conscience says from within that this is against what you were told. We, as a country, need to enunciate the fact that women are no Khuli-Tijori for one to do whatever they wish to, again and again.

As for Shared Cabs/Autos? Have taken many. Even the cheapest of the lot i.e. 5/10 Rs. mein falana falana jagah. There are places where such rickshaws are way safer than the Personal ones. Personally I take uber pool many a times. It is a convenient option. Safe too but have heard bad incidents in such cabs too.