Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Hayaa.m

Yes season 2 would be a great idea. But i wish this time they let Sarmad Khosat direct it instead of that Kashmiri guy. He has literally runied the romantic scenes. Last 3 days i watched Humsafar and revived my old good memories of the show and one thing i noticed that the reason why Humsafar was hit, was due to the soft romance between the lead couple. The small gestures were shown so beautifully that u actually feel connected with them. the acting though wasn't great but Sarmat direction made it looked exceptional. While watching Humsafar i was continously thinking kash Asfiya keh romantic scenes bhee aesay hotey. Iqbal Kashmiri has badly disappointed me in this regard.

I guess after YKS the fandom should force writer to writer a sequel on YKS and ask her to let Sarmad khosat direct it. That's gonna be hit too.

Regarding the stories well as u said they can address many social issues like handling burn victims or dealing with Doctors strike (a major issue in Pak these days) or victims dying or women delivering babies due to their non access to hospitals reason being the high ups protocols. Like Udari they can very well educate people on social issues.

Another thing that i feel has helped in the popularity of the show besides great acting, writing and production, minus direction and editing (becoz that has been the worst of all Hum tv dramas) is the choice of location. I was very much attracted to neelam valley and actually searched all the places where the shooting of this drama took place. So that's for sure that next Summers i m gonna take my family over there for outing. YKS indeed has promoted tourism. So i wish next time like this they explore other good places of Pakistan and promote our tourism like earlier they did with Diyar e Dil.

I feel that the director has done a good job in focusing on the key things of the show and maybe romance is not one among them here πŸ˜† I mean from the maker's POV.. πŸ˜‰
Yes, the place is so beautifully captured aligning it with the characters and their journey.. It really makes anyone want to go there..
I read something written by a movie director.. The location or the backdrop is a very important aspect especially in a love story.. Because the place itself will set the mood for the story and scenes.. 😳
Edited by Push-pull - 6 years ago
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: smssr84

hayeee... I am literally having sleepless nights thinking of all the possible ends of this beautifully crafted story and I am glad its ending this week. Best thing for our collective sanity.

It is actually those unsaid words that have attracted all the attention. Our drama makers may believe that they have to SHOW the intimacy, but the viewers who have lived through the PTV drama era loves the unsaid love, the old school romance. All the dramas that became super hit had the same old school romance, be it Humsafar, ZGH, Diyar-e-Dil and even Mann Mayal. Its beautiful and they should make more of those kind.

All these lovely insights!πŸ‘

Personally I, too feel, she didn't say anything over there...even if they had supposedly shot that scene with "yes" from her, I am glad they didn't show it like that on screen.

Her inability to deny the truth when confronted with it, in the form of Asfi standing in front of her with all that haq and possessiveness, make that scene even more breathtaking. Every time, I mean every single time I watch that scene, I amazed by Ahad and Sajal's performances.
It was just so beautiful that Asfi knew why she was behaving like that but he wanted to hear it from her...and rather than going indirectly about it, he just confronted her straight on...I remember getting goosebumps watching the scene for the first time.

And again Asfi's eyes there! And then that triumphant and happy smile.😳
Hayaa.m thumbnail

Originally posted by: Push-pull

I feel that the director has done a good job in focusing on the key things of the show and maybe romance is not one among them here πŸ˜† I mean from the maker's POV.. πŸ˜‰
Yes, the place is so beautifully captured aligning it with the characters and their journey.. It really makes anyone want to go there..
I read something written by a movie director.. The location or the backdrop is a very important aspect especially in a love story.. Because the place itself will set the mood for the story and scenes.. 😳

Yes i agree that YKS is not just romance, it was more a social story but to me it was ASFIYA story and i wanted is how they should make every scenes of their as special one. I don't want over the board romance or hugs but still some brief moments of them. Their scenes were badly cut and too short.
Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sidsk

This would be the best thing! If only there was season 2 to look forward to...AsfiYa would get more build up and it would all just be so beautiful.

Totally we'll go fidaa over the show and them all over again.. 😳
Hope the makers realize the potential and come up with something.. Never too late anyway.. πŸ˜‰
Dr. Asfandyar and Dr. Zubia can bring wonders to it.. ❀️
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Unlike some here..i think director has done a fine job in asfiya scenes.. The scenes we are going gaga over...director has a lot role to play in those scenes.. Infact i think ...director has an important role to play in creating chemistry between the actors too...the way he shoots the scenes, directs the actors, the setting... ...
Even Ahad says tht me and director used to discuss a lot abt the scenes..and he let me do re takes too...
Obviously Sajal and Ahad have done an amazing job...but the camp night scenes..the way they were shot...the awkwardness we feel...and other subtle things..tht we notice in their other scenes...too...i think along with Sajal and Ahad...director Shahzad Kashmiri should be given credit too.. He has captured asfiya scenes nicely..given them, subtle romantic touch..especially scenes in episode 25 were shot beautifully

Also director never goes over the top with any thing in this seerial
Only problem i have... is with the editing...

Waisy otherwise..i am mad at Shahzad Kashmiri.. Reply tu door ki baat..he doesnt even reads the messages,,,,.. Atleast fans ke messages parh tu liya karay 😑

Edited by farahs_6 - 6 years ago
smssr84 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: farahs_6

Unlike some here..i think director has done a fine job in asfiya scenes.. The scenes we are going gaga over...director has a lot role to play in those scenes.. Infact i think ...director has an important role to play in creating chemistry between the actors too...the way he shoots the scenes, directs the actors, the setting... ...

Even Ahad says tht me and director used to discuss a lot abt the scenes..and he let me do re takes too...
Obviously Sajal and Ahad have done an amazing job...but the camp night scenes..the way they were shot...the awkwardness we feel...and other subtle things..tht we notice in their other scenes...too...i think along with Sajal and Ahad...director Shahzad Kashmiri should be given credit too.. He has captred asfiya scenes nicely..given them, subtle romantic touch..especially scenes in episode 25 were shot beautifully

Also director never goes over the top with any thing in this seerial
Only problem i have... is with the editing...

Waisy otherwise..i am mad at Shahzad Kashmii.. Reply tu door ki baat..he doesnt even reads the nessages.. Atleast fans ke messages parh tu liya karay 😑

I agree... the director has done a phenomenal job in capturing EACH AND EVERY character and the emotions they are going through. He has done his job well. Its he channel and the production house that is chopping the scenes and squeezing the serial in 29 episodes.
sidsk thumbnail
Mystery of the girl wearing the red and black checkered shirt solved. πŸ˜†

Pic credit : Instagram
Edited by sidsk - 6 years ago
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smssr84

I agree... the director has done a phenomenal job in capturing EACH AND EVERY character and the emotions they are going through. He has done his job well. Its he channel and the production house that is chopping the scenes and squeezing the serial in 29 episodes.

Agree. Shehzad Kahsmiri is a wonderful director, able to make the most of a beautiful script and talented cast. Mere Humdum Mere Dost is testimony to this. In fact I would say that even more complex emotions have been conveyed in that one, especially romance between a girl and her older male mentor...very tricky and has to be handled very well..

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago
WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with Haya here. The direction of this serial is messy. It happened with Bin Roye as well. The choppy scenes, the disconnect between one scene and another. It is very obvious especially in last few episodes. Editing is controlled by director. A channel asks the director how many episodes will there be, on the basis of which they plan their programming. Especially in this case where Hum is literally Momina Duraid Production. Why would Momina want her own serial to end and start some other production serial.

Edit: I just checked. Dar si jati hai sila is I think also MD production.
Edited by AuntyDepressant - 6 years ago
sidsk thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanFrangirl

J, guys ARE simple. They are unable to multi task. So they cant have a real romance and a "spiritual romance" πŸ˜‰with two different people at the same time. Unlike us:)

And that's why it is said that a woman's heart is as deep as an ocean. πŸ˜‰

P.S. Wow... I am so glad to have found people who think like me.