Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

576281 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Brilliant!
I am not a fanfic person at all but taking the risk for the first time was well worth it!

If this is how Asfi will react to Zubia's rejection, God help us because the entire space in the internet wont be enough to write praises and express love for him...❀️

SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vignettes

With thudding heart he drove fast in the direction the gateman said she had gone. In his mind, he kept talking to her, Where are you? Why did you go ? Just wait for me. I m coming.

Looking every place on the road. Where could she go? And then in shock he saw her standing on a precipice that looked down into the river on the other bank. In shock he kept looking for a few seconds and then just broke into a run. Somehow he had to get there, before anything else. Keeping his eye on her indistinct form as he went around the bend and the bridge and then finally when he reached her, there was no her. He quickly looked around, where are you? His heart felt heavy and he felt pure fear. He saw a black cloth on the bushes below. Her shawl? What was she wearing when he saw her...his mind blanked out, he didn't remember anything now. Tears pricked his eyes, No he couldn't lose her. Not when he wanted to start living again. But she wasn't there, Where are you? Tears, terror blinded him as he looked down into the swirling waters down below.

He felt a cool hand on his fevered forehead. Shhh, I am here. I am with you. Her arms around him as they tried to hold his trembling body. Her leg across his legs. Her lips on his forehead. Open your eyes. I am with you.

Asfandyar opened his eyes. And looked into Zubi's calm eyes as she placed her hand around his cheek .

Zubi: Was it the same nightmare?

Asfi: Yes.

He tried to sit up and she shifted so he could be free to. She also got up and got him water.

His nightmare was receding. And he wondered why was he was still so scarred by the few minutes on the cliff when he thought he had lost her.

He came back to the bed, and sat down. Zubi who was standing near the window, watching him, walked upto him and knelt down on the ground so she could put her chin on his knees and look into his eyes. Her hair, sleep tousled all around her

Z: Asfandyar, look at me. I am not going anywhere. I am with you. Tell me how do I make you believe that?

A: (silent, watching her)

Z: I love you so much. So so much that it hurts. I feel so happy with you, so content, that I too think this couldn't be true.

A: (bending down.) Oh sweetheart Yes I know that. It hurts me too. I don't know how to handle such happiness sometimes. It just feels so fragile. My fears are all about losing you. Those minutes I spent looking for you just don't seem to go away.

Z: I am so sorry for giving you that scare. Believe me. Never again. I promise. How do I prove to you I am sorry.

A; Pulling her up to settle her slight form upon his knees, and hugging her to himself. The nightmare melted in the warm glow of her unwavering love. Along with sleep which was miles away too now. And smiling at her promise "So Dr Zubiya how will you show me you are sorry... She felt hot and bothered... but she never broke promises.

to be continued

Edited by SanFrangirl - 6 years ago
sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

I love the way you have written Asfi's desperation to find her at the beginning ...his terror and pain was conveyed so well. While reading it, I could actually feel his anguish...and then loved the twist that came later.

Love how calm the tone of the next half was...plus AsfiYa are finally together the way we wanted them to be! πŸ˜†

Zubi who was standing near the window, watching him, walked upto him and knelt down on the ground so she could put her chin on his knees and look into his eyes. Her hair, sleep tousled all around her

This has to be my favorite part.😳

Love your writing style and cant wait to read more form you.
Edited by sidsk - 6 years ago
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Thanks SIDSK . Pl do read the the earlier story parts. The damn channel keeps changing the story so had to write Vignettes. Next part coming soon, so I can be rid of this horrible obsession.
Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
#6: So Perfectly captured for Zubia and Zubia only.. πŸ‘
All her real relationship waiting to extend their share of deal t o show their love for her.. These are the true things she has earned for herself.. πŸ€— And that makes me more proud of her and she needs to know that she's a pride for her own walks of life. πŸ‘
Very beautifully written and well captured every emotion.. I'll keep reading this again.. All these are required to be captured in the show but what a wasted opportunity.. This writing of yours will fill that void for me.. Yet to read the next part. And need to get a recap of the earlier parts. I must've missed few parts..

Gotta say, you are wonderful with your words and the flow of emotions and eventsβ­οΈπŸ‘. Will comment on piece by piece of your writing after reading it again. πŸ˜ƒ
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh so beautiful..Thank for you for this my dear friend...
Asfi who has already lost someone dear to him cannot contemplate a repeat of the same...quite natural that he should have nightmares about it...

Loved the idea of setting your story in the future, thinking back to that day when he thought he lost her...

The more I think about it, the more I want to see Asfi (who is a real softie at heart) to have tears in response to her terrible story (I want her to be strong) and for Lubna and Geiti to scold her for never confiding in them or indicating her pain...
SanFrangirl thumbnail

Vignettes 2...continued from before

Later as he slept peacefully, Zubiya watched over him , her head next to him on her palm. She loved watching him. She thought of the early days in the hospital when all she had wanted was to last the entire day without running into him even once. When did it all change? She only knew that however many times she saw him or met him was never enough. As soon as she stepped out of his room, she wanted to go back. All her life she had practiced such a steely resolve to never let her emotions bubble up to the surface, that it took her months before she realised how much and how completely he defined her days. And even when she admitted to herself, she had only tried to stamp it out cruelly. She was so distrustful of happiness. It didn't last. Maybe she didn't deserve happiness. She certainly didn't think she deserved him.

Looking down seriously at him and smoothing away the hair from his forehead, she remembered that day which gave him his recurring nightmare.

She had not expected that the knowledge that finally he remembered her from years ago, would be like a knife stuck in her heart. She had planned everything for this eventuality, but now seeing her old ID card, some dam had burst inside her. All her instincts told her...go away...now...not a moment to lose...she didn't want to lose control ... Not to have to see his accusing eyes...In that blind moment, she felt trapped as she had during the days of her mother's death. Trapped in a bottomless pit with no sunlight, with no one to hear her scream and cry. All she knew was she had to get away. And she had walked out. Without realising that her steps were taking her to the same hill top she had sat with him an aeon away. Once she reached, she had collapsed, crying silently, big sobs. Tears of anger, humiliation and hurt. Self remorse, why did she allow someone to come so close to herself? Then little by little the storm abated and she felt spent. Not that it mattered because it hurt like hell but she knew that she was getting back her self control and composure. At least she wouldn't fall to pieces before anyone. She put her head on her knees and allowed her hair to draw a curtain around herself. In the quiet she heard urgent footsteps nearby and she looked up to see Asfandyar. She instinctively looked for her dupatta to pull it forward to shield herself, but realised she had none. She resolutely looked away towards the river. He came and sat next to her on the grass. She listened to his uneven breathing as if he had been running. When he didn't say anything, she said, without looking at him even once

Z: " Why are you here? I already knew this is what would happen, so I took your decision for you long before. Why do you want to ask me questions. Youlearned about Rameez today but I knew that when this day comes, thIs is what would happen and that is why i knew there was no possibility of a relationship.

A: " You took my decision for me? Why? Who gave you that right? What do you even know about my decision?

Z: " What do you even know about me? My name? My address? My Medical College Certificate? Is that the sum total of a human being? "

A: " I thought I knew whatever mattered to me

Z: " And yet when you came to know the smallest part of the truth about me, it was enough to scare you away, wasn't it?

A: Let me be the judge of my own actions. And dont judge me by actions I havent taken. (brusquely)

Z: (SILENT)

A: So what is this truth you are carrying around like a burden.

Z: (silent feeling her heart squeezed)

A: Zubiya you cannot carry forever whatever hurt or problems you have, like a badge of honor. It is not letting you live, don't you see?

Z: (silent, head on her knees turned away to look at the distance, feeling tears start.)

A: You know Zubiya all of us have our burdens, some light and some heavy. But the heaviest are those which are not shared. You have been strong enough, let it go now. Its time to let it down.

Z: (silent stream of tears slipping out of her eyes, trying to avoid a tempest of tears. Turned away resolutely.)

A: Okay we can sit here the entire night, if you like. I don't mind.

I wanted to tell you a story in any case. There was a man who was angry and bitter with life. He believed life was unfair and that it was a nasty and brutish battle that had to be fought. He was haunted by how he had failed his brother and thought that he deserved no happiness. Into the storm of his life, came a girl, a quiet and calm girl, who was his direct contrast. Whereas he was always acting out against her, she simply absorbed whatever negativity he gave to her, his temper and scolding. He was hard to her, and he pushed her as much as he could to see if she would break. But she never did break; she just remained her calm, steady self and in some strange magical way she became the calm eye of the storm to him. He realised that there are some people who make you feel whole and good just by being around them. He realised that with her, he could relearn to trust the world; and to believe again that the world was not a bad place. When he had her by his side, he wanted to do great things, because she trusted him to; he felt accepted because she was kind without expecting anything in return, he felt the world had possibilities because a girl like you Zubiya, was able to look past my defences and find something good in me to love.

What makes you think I am going to give up on you when you did not give up on me?

A: I don't know what burden you have but I want to share them. And whatever you might say today, at the end of it we will go home. Remember that, nothing has changed from the day we first accepted we loved each other. You can tell me whatever you say, that you never loved me and that it was just an infatuation, I don't care about your words. I care about your actions. We are going to get married and make our lives together; nothing you say is making any change in that. So start accepting that.

Zubiya smiled remembering the great calm that had come over her when he had said those words. As if she had indeed reached home. She leaned forward to kiss him lightly and as he stirred to hold her she finally slept, peacefully, at home.

Edited by SanFrangirl - 6 years ago
seabeauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful.. Very beautiful! I don't have words to describe it...
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
THANK YOU THANK YOU ..THANK YOU
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
SanFran, I love love and loved it. Just woke up read these two amazing little treats...dil khush ho Gaya!
Finishing the story as a flashback and the nightmare was genius. It gave us a glimpse into the past and their future. Excellent!
You are a brilliant writer and I am a true fan.