Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes, I agree. The ending was unremarkable. The contrast between the first few episodes and the later ones could not have been sharper. While the first 10-13 episodes were interesting and evenly paced, the later ones were bizarre. The sheer success of Afzhar's tepid machinations suggested that the writer of the show was unable to rise to the task of penning a compelling story out of his initially interesting idea. This is a problem common to many professional writers as well as those who attempt to write as a hobby; so, it is hardly surprising that the writer of this show struggled to put together a coherent plot. But she could have still done better than this. The plot of the show as revealed to the viewers suggests that the author just stopped writing new chapters to her story, and merely copied the earlier chapters. There is essentially no bit of dialogue that is new, or situation that is well etched out in the later episodes. Afzar keeps repeating the same dialogues, and Norr Khan performs the same routine. While Afzar and Noor were very riveting in the first 13 or so episodes, by the time the show reached its end, I was completely disengaged by the proceedings. This is starting to be problem with Afzar's shows: even his last show with Noor's sibling, Sara, turned dull after a spectacular 15 or so episodes. Still, I am hoping his next show breaks this unlucky streak. He is a performer who clearly deserves better.
Edited by JNam - 6 years ago