Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eating_orange thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: FleurBleue

Please someone tell how to pronounce his first name? That's basically the single question that pops in mind whenever I see his name. πŸ˜†
Is it Dal-ker or Dal-cure or Dool-ker?

Dool-ker

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Your favorite actor if I am reading your DP right.πŸ˜†

But seriously his quirky out of the box script sense, fearless acting and belonging to a now second generation acting dynasty make me think so.

Moi, OMG! hope you're not joking. Really similar to Ranbir? wow. So, he's also an outstanding actor like RK? Then I gotta search about him and I'd love to watch his movies with subtitles if his acting style is similar to RK. So, he must be a very expressive actor and can launch thousands of emotions effortlessly!

I'm aware of only few actor from South. Rajnikanth (well everybody knows him πŸ˜†), Nagarjun, That Aparachit wala actor, Dhanush, Mahesh Babu, Ajith and recently I got to know about Prabhas.

BTW, who's according to you the GREATEST ever actor of South Industry?
Fairy_KimBokJoo thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have only watched Ok Kanmani. Not only is he a natural and downstated performer, he is attractive too. His performance really made me realize how impressively inferior ARK is, in terms of talent. Edited by Fairy_KimBokJoo - 6 years ago
s4santu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
he was excellent in bangalore days, ok bangaram...though i didnt get connected to charlie, he was brilliant in that
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes.He is awesome😳😳😳Perfect combo of Looks, talent and Charm. I also like  that he chooses his character wisely and avoids repetition. He does have his limitations but you can overlook that.
I think soon his Hindi movie (Solo- Bejoy Nambiar) will release.

Just plugging in ,the guy in my DP is equally awesome.

ETA- Apologies.Solo is not releasing in Hindi ,only Malayalam and Tamil. I presumed since the director is Bejoy Nambiar.
Edited by SillyPepper - 6 years ago
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NadanParindey

Moi, OMG! hope you're not joking. Really similar to Ranbir? wow. So, he's also an outstanding actor like RK? Then I gotta search about him and I'd love to watch his movies with subtitles if his acting style is similar to RK. So, he must be a very expressive actor and can launch thousands of emotions effortlessly!

I'm aware of only few actor from South. Rajnikanth (well everybody knows him πŸ˜†), Nagarjun, That Aparachit wala actor, Dhanush, Mahesh Babu, Ajith and recently I got to know about Prabhas.

BTW, who's according to you the GREATEST ever actor of South Industry?  

@Bold I think so being the caveat. πŸ˜†. His father is really, really good though. Like national award multiple times good. So I would encourage you to look at his work too. CBI Diary Kurippu, Oru Vadakan Vera Katha from Malayalam are two movies off the top of my head Thalapathy (with Rajni directed by Manirathnam) in Tamil, Azhagan and Kandukondein Kandukondein in Tamil. KK is a remake of Jane Austen's sense and sensibility and stars Ash and Tabu too. This is one of my favorite Ash "acting" movies. 

@Blue South is four industries right, so I know three so 

For me, I can't name one person.

Malayalam is Nedumudi Venu and Thilakkan from an older era, Mammooty and Mohanlal from Rajni era.

Telugu for me greatest is ANR (akkineni Nageshwara Rao, Nagarjuna's father but I don't know Telugu cinema of that era very well) 

Tamil is Sivaji Ganesan according to people. He is called Nadigar Thilagam (like best among actors, pardon my translatiion). He is called Marlon Brando of Tamil Cinema. Multiple award winner like Dada Saheb Phalke winner, Chevalier and so on. But I find his acting, overacting (blasphemy for most Tamil cinema lovers) πŸ˜³. His roots were in theater. He is no more.

My pick is Kamal Hassan, the best South actor ever, 😳. Just his body of work and the risk he takes is why I say so. 

No clue about Kannada, but I know Rajkumar was very revered. 
Edited by Justmoi - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

@Bold I think so being the caveat.πŸ˜†. His father is really, really good though. Like national award multiple times good. So I would encourage you to look at his work too. CBI Diary Kurippu, Oru Vadakan Vera Katha from Malayalam are two movies off the top of my head Thalapathy (with Rajni directed by Manirathnam) in Tamil, Azhagan and Kandukondein Kandukondein in Tamil. KK is a remake of Jane Austen's sense and sensibility and stars Ash and Tabu too. This is one of my favorite Ash "acting" movies.
@Blue South is four industries right, so I know three so

For me, I can't name one person.

Malayalam is Nedumudi Venu and Thilakkan from an older era, Mammooty and Mohanlal from Rajni era.

Telugu for me greatest is ANR (akkineni Nageshwara Rao, Nagarjuna's father but I don't know Telugu cinema of that era very well)

Tamil is Sivaji Ganesan according to people. He is called Nadigar Thilagam (like best among actors, pardon my translatiion). He is called Marlon Brando of Tamil Cinema. Multiple award winner like Dada Saheb Phalke winner, Chevalier and so on. But I find his acting, overacting (blasphemy for most Tamil cinema lovers)😳. His roots were in theater. He is no more.

My pick is Kamal Hassan, the best South actor ever, 😳. Just his body of work and the risk he takes is why I say so.

No clue about Kannada, but I know Rajkumar was very revered.

Oh shit. How could I forget Kamaal Hasan. He is such a LEGEND! He's probably the greatest acting talent ever of India alongwith Sanjeev Kumar.

btw, your opinion on these following actors?

Dhanush, Ajith, Nagarjun, That guy who acted in Aparachit, Mahesh Babu?

and what about the actresses from South industry?
starbuck2909 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
His choice of movies have been really good
sujairohit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Since I knew he was a very good actor.I got the chance to watch his malayalam movie kali on a long flight from LA to mumbai.Both he and sai pallavi were very good in the movie.I really would like to watch more of his films if they are available with english subtitles.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He is a decent actor who is incredibly charming on screen and has an amazingly sexy voice πŸ˜†  The reason I wouldn't call him brilliant is because there are many who are better than him in the Malayalam film industry. Nivin for example is a way better actor IMO and has a brilliant range as a performer. For instance, while Dulquer was good in Bangalore Days, Nivin was hands down the best of the lot. And Fahad had the most unlikable character to play in a film full of endearing lead characters and he pulled it off incredibly well. I dont see Dulquer pulling off a Kuttan or a Das the way Nivin or Fahad did. Hell, for all his charm, I dont think he (or anyone for that matter) could have pulled off Premam the way Nivin did ( that was some display of charm and acting skills). But DQ chooses great films and I'd rate his Ustad Hotel as one of the best films ever in the last 20 years. And like I said, I do believe he puts in the efforts to do well and has oodles of charm (Adi was a total heart breaker in OKK). Its just that I'd totally rate Nivin, Fahad and even Prithviraj above him in terms of acting talent.  Edited by rogerrocks - 6 years ago