cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
seems a bit arrogant?
comparisons between newer lot and seniors happen all the time

anushka and aish during ADHM

kareena and alia in UP

nothing so offensive..they are in the same field bound to be compared

and having said that alka is a great singer but i feel shereya is a much better singer. the way she sang deewani mastani..woah!!
DriftInfinitely thumbnail

Originally posted by: djoker

that means music companies influence which singer has to sing the siong??? its not based on the music director then?? i always thought its based on music director who finalises the singer's version for the film😲?? im confused 

Yeah, the music companies often insist on having the songs sung by their own artists. 
ataxerxes thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Alka Yagnik has never been able to handle the fact that all things pass with time. Her disdain for the competition is the very reason she's been side-stepped. You can't dismiss evolution or competition, you have to accept it as a reality and adapt accordingly. Or else, you're left talking about the 'good old days'. Like she is. 
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I feel like her voice suited the actresses in 90s but now her voice is a bit too mature for the actresses and they are looking for more girlish voices?
I agree her voice sounds mature but then Lata and Asha sang for actresses even in their 70s.
astha36 thumbnail
Lata hardly sang in the naughties and Asha sang for Urmila or Shamita but that again was way back... The style was different then but it has drastically changed now.. Don't think except very specific songs, Alka's voice will suit the actresses' today ðŸ˜•
Alka was lucky though. She found success in her 20s. Her male contemporaries Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu and Abhijeet struggled for a decade or more before getting their big breaks.Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: astha36

Lata hardly sang in the naughties and Asha sang for Urmila or Shamita but that again was way back... The style was different then but it has drastically changed now.. Don't think except very specific songs, Alka's voice will suit the actresses' today😕

Yeah, her voice wouldn't work with the compositions that music directors come up with nowadays.
astha36 thumbnail
Yeah the style is so different now... And nice, I didn't know she was an early riser. Always liked her songs though :)
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
I disagree..she will suit the songs even today
She sang Agar Tum Saath Ho in Tamasha...loved it