Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
^ you're so fast unlike me. πŸ˜†
.nilu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: obsessiveperson

^ you're so fast unlike me. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† I go into this crazy binge watching mode! Guess what..I'm all caught up!! πŸ˜ƒ Amazing dramaa..can't wait for the last episode now.
obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
^ wow, so much speed. πŸ‘
Watched last epi ? I'm yet to!
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
omg. who watched? was it worth it
.nilu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
YES! Absolutely worth it guys! Please watch it soon
Edited by .nilu. - 7 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
TABS I want a full fledged review on the overall show today
From u at any cost

N plz mention how AWESOME Zafar Mairaj sir is with the pen

RUSHAR I want review from u too
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Overall review:
Muqabil faltered here and there for a bit after the 20 episode mark but overall it must be one of the most gratifying dramas of this season and year.
What I felt Bekhudi, Sangat, Chup Raho, Andaz E Sitam lacked, Muqabil made up with its focus and characters...till the very end, it never forgot where it started from, everything came to a full circle very nicely.

My biggest fear was that it would ( like the shows above) take a social issue and not be able to aptly weave it through the story and build upon it. Leaving it amidst the middle episodes and busy itself in other storylines like the Armaan and Sara's track. but it held itself up and ended on a good note.

We often recognize actors for the work they do but forget the director and writers who literally show us their vision on screen, so thank you for that and please take a well deserved bow.

Writer: Zafar Mairaj
Director: Ali Hassan

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I remember thinking this must be a revenge drama and being so mentally prepared by that thought that I never realized when I stopped thinking that and got myself swept away by the show itself. That's how good and fluid the show was.

in fact, to say it was just a show would be tarnishing what Muqabil meant to me. For me, it was a journey in which I met people who I expected to hate and dread but after watching the last episode, I am so proud of. Almost as if they were real. πŸ˜†

Everything was so human and real...the emotions, the acting, the cinematography even...A drama is truly a joint team effort and kudos to the team of Muqabil for handling that with excellence.

Very rarely do I like and understand each character and today I can say that I did. I knew each and every character in Muqabil, it's a journey I won't forgot.

whether it be Pareesa's quiet flame of anger and resentment or Armaan's underlying fear of not being enough, Zubeida's boisterousness or Mahmood's attitude.

Thank you to the entire team for giving us a show to rememberπŸ‘

Edited by _Tabs_ - 7 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Last episode review:
Finally. I know I wasn't the only one who couldn't understand the sudden-ness of armaan-sarah
s relationship but I'm so glad Sara gave Armaan a piece of her mind. it was just the reality check he needed. and they both were compromising to give the marriage a chance,...not really wanting to be with each other.

Armaan--was getting into it so Pareesa wouldnt feel bad(?)--Armaan logic: If I get Sara to marry me, Pareesa won't be as hurt, leaving me. πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

and Sara/sarah/saraa----Felt pity toward Armaan and had to get married on day, why not armaan?

Also, Armaan's extensive injuries post the accident didn't make a lot of sense, I mean if the writers wanted, they could have given him a broken hand instead of foot, πŸ˜† but looking back at it, I see it as a means to keep him in close compounds with his father and to let him not be mobile/move around. but now that he has...everything which he had kept inside is coming out and he's reevaluating his life choices and all these reality checks are putting things into perspective for him...

like the most simple thing:

he asks Sumbul if Zubieda yelled at Chacha---only we as viewers have seen Zubieda completely quiet after the revelation--given how much annoying her loud yelling was, her flip to the quiet side is the most physical notion of the change in dynamics that family has faced...

He's unaware of this...like since the accident, he's been living in a fantasy land in his brain and now he's in the real world and none of his plans make sense.

that whole scene between Sunbal, Armaan and Zubieda was so good! I loved it! Sunbal was literally everything I wanted to say at him...
--
Pareesa who HATED her mother because she felt her social gatherings took her away, now motivated her to restarted those events.\

For me, the conversation between Pareesa and Shehnaz was the highlight of the entire show...it was that relationship that was so important to pareesa the most

her mother

and they salvaged it together.

lots of great moments in the episode; not going to include the Pareesa-Armaan ones πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ because this is already a long post.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
actually, I couldn't help myself πŸ˜†
it was a beautiful last episodes...I have a special place for last episodes; they are either great or not πŸ˜†

Pareesa's interview--it was what finally got Armaan to understand that Pareesa fell in love with him for his good nature not anything else. and that despite all, it was the moments that she spent with him that she gets courage from..

the flashback scene in the car. ! Didn't see that coming at all! but it brought everything back to gether and gave a happy ending inkling...

plus when she goes into the house and Armaan's singing voice she hears,

it gave me goosebumps...so well directed.

AND he was watering the plans...her plants!

if you couldn't tell...I really loved this show 🀣