Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanashau thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
NOT Complete yet:

Rasmeduniya 17/18:

Oh my my, What an episode. From the first scene to the last scene, the entire episode kept me hooked. I love the way the characters are entangled, connected to each other with deceit and mystery. All the supporting characters are strong and the story wouldn't be complete without them. I cannot name a single character that is just there to be there.
So, I will start with Sameena Peerzada, she is no doubt excellent as Tayi Jaan. This is a difficult role to play along with Harib's and she has done complete justice to her role. She made me empathize for her character for minute or two (shocking right?), but that's the beauty of the script, story telling and acting. I do think she went overboard in her revenge and So since the last week's episodes and now these two, I have a different view of Tayi Jaan altogether. Initially I thought she was a conniving person, full of deceit and taking revenge for Tabriz for leaving her at the altar so to say; the last week's episodes made me suspicious that there is more to it than what is visible to the eye. Now its more clear. She wants to make Tabriz feel what her parents felt with whatever injustice Tabriz did to her (were they intimate?, he raped her?, did she get pregnant as a result?) and in her vengeance she got carried away and didn't realize she is also hurting her own children. Like they say, an eye for an eye, she is doing much more than that. She has without a doubt gone overboard in her maliciousness, and spite and likely doesn't know where to stop now. Its like she was spinning a web of deceit and vengeance and is now caught in her own web.

I want to applaud the writer Imran Nazir who has penned the story. Way to go bro! The complexities of Tayi Jaan's and Harib's characters are penned extremely well and with utmost precision, taking care of minute details. The story is extremely well written, with twists and turns at every junction, not letting us take a breath of relief (Like a roller coaster). I hope the ending is as satisfying as the "Knight Rider" roller coaster at Six flags gives me (pure satisfaction and utter bliss).
Edited by sanashau - 7 years ago
sanashau thumbnail

I will start with Sameena Peerzada, who is no doubt excellent as Tayi Jaan. This is a difficult role to play (along with Harib's) and she has done complete justice to her role. She made me empathize for her character for minute or two (shocking right?), but that's the beauty of the script, story telling and acting. So since the last week's episodes and now these two, I have a different view of Tayi Jaan altogether. She is no doubt a conniving person, full of deceit and taking revenge for Tabriz for leaving her at the altar so to say; but the last week's episodes made me suspicious that there is more to it than what is visible to the eye. Now its more clear. She wants to make Tabriz feel what her parents felt with whatever injustice Tabriz did to her (were they intimate?, he raped her?, did she get pregnant as a result?) and in her vengeance she has gone overboard and didn't realize she is also hurting her own children in the process. Javed Akhter is brilliant as Tabriz', portraying a father's agony with conviction.
Tayi jaan is twisted though, and I do think she has type A narcisstic personality disorder. The way she acknowledged that she had been "mean" to Harib was selfish, inconsiderate and mind boggling. She said "I also complained about Faris and Shiza to your father," and that might be true to a certain extent, but it was certainly a distortion of the truth; with a mountain of lies underneath that trivial truth. Harib would not have turned out to be what he is today had she been loving towards him just as much as she was towards her other children. Ofcourse, genetics has a role to play in these psychiatric illnesses just like any other medical illness, but environment can trigger and sometimes excalate the illness ( for example like diabetes, its genetic but you can control it if you eat sugar free). So harib was predisposed to his mental illness, and his mother's death, his father's indifference combined with childhood abuse and neglect triggered his illness.
Armeena Khan's Haya is another character that is convincing and true to life. The mannerisms of a victim of domestic abuse are played very well by her. She did come out clear with everyone yesterday about her position with Harib (applause!) and she needs to be the strong one in the relationship; for the sake of Harib. She has to be harib's pillar, the one he can depend on in times of crises during his mental illness exacerbations.
Last but not the least, Harib. I have already talked too much about his illnesses, so will focus on acting. Sami Khan you are without a doubt outstanding as Harib. The transition from homicidal to suicidal; and then the grief was brilliant and literally broke my heart. The way you looked at Haya when she was explaining herself; the despair yet a sparkle of hope was evident in your eyes. Harib is THE one character that is most beloved to me. For eternity I think. I cannot fathom what a child must go through when he is abused, neglected by his family; deprived of love that he rightfully deserves.
The next episode shows Bilal realizing his mother's abusive behavior towards Harib; which will lead to Tayi Jaan being caught in her own web that she had been spinning all these years. Shazia getting nasir arrested (did he really rape her? if not, then how can she get him arrested?) One more thought, did tayi Jaan send him?
I want to applaud the writer Imran Nazir who has penned the story. The complexities of Tayi Jaan's and Harib's characters are penned extremely well and with utmost precision, taking care of minute detail
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I don't think Tabrez raped her, but may be they were intimate, she didn't get pregnant I guess from what she said that Allah had mercy on her and saved her.
Mejbah's husband seems raped Shazia, but Shazia is not that weak person that someone can come and rape her in her own house.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Yeah tabrez didn't rape her but they may hv slept together for which she cud hv gone pregnant but then the rishta got broken
sanashau thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

Yeah tabrez didn't rape her but they may hv slept together for which she cud hv gone pregnant but then the rishta got broken

Probably slept. But she said tumhari darindagi? Doesn't darindagi mean predatory behavior?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanashau

Probably slept. But she said tumhari darindagi? Doesn't darindagi mean predatory behavior?

By darindagi she basically meant his cruelty in breaking the relationship
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
To days epi was again very good
What I m loving most is none of the characters are evil here

Not even haarib n tayi jaan the way the show has progressed so far

It turned out to be much better than I expected

And the double epis in the middle rally helped the story progress further
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice episode, but I'm spoiled now and wats two episode at a time..
Sami is doing an amazing job, in fact everyone is doing their fair share, even the Hina 2..
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Last week's trp was 4.1
WHOA

That's pretty high

Yayyy
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
why in the title there is no bilal khan name?
i think he deserve to be mention as one of the lead in the title

his name attracts more attention then other at this point
he is very famous and viral everywhere
he is titled as crush of pakistani girls