Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Aisa kya hogaya is epi mein ke you guys killed 5 pages :O

The thread gains momentum when thinkagain and Mais post otherwise no one else has enough energy or patience to talk about Sanam sans the OsMaya/AaRib bits. 😆
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

HAI NA?!? The family is always so involved when it comes marriage, specially the first few days of it. But yahan toh there was more or less of a CBA attitude by Ayla's family. It's not hard to understand..modern zamana hai, everyone wants their privacy and 'jiyo aur jeene do' attitude is at large. It just feels...weird. Even with Aan's family. Amma deals with them AMAZINGLY but c'mon! The lady up and left with her daughter one fine day and kisi ko pata bhi nahin chala? And when Khurram found out the house he waited to go home and prepare a whole party before going in the house? Yaar desi log aisa toh nahin karte 😆

Wasn't it shown that Amma was saying to her BIL that she has seen all their concerns post her husband's death and now that Aan is become an established woman they are suddenly in love with her? I could not have imagined that. But Aan holds her family in such high regards. Is she always so lost in dusron ka dard to realize what is going on in the real world?
And I was thinking maybe something good has happened 😆
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

HAI NA?!? The family is always so involved when it comes marriage, specially the first few days of it. But yahan toh there was more or less of a CBA attitude by Ayla's family. It's not hard to understand..modern zamana hai, everyone wants their privacy and 'jiyo aur jeene do' attitude is at large. It just feels...weird. Even with Aan's family. Amma deals with them AMAZINGLY but c'mon! The lady up and left with her daughter one fine day and kisi ko pata bhi nahin chala? And when Khurram found out the house he waited to go home and prepare a whole party before going in the house? Yaar desi log aisa toh nahin karte 😆

Wasn't it shown that Amma was saying to her BIL that she has seen all their concerns post her husband's death and now that Aan is become an established woman they are suddenly in love with her? I could not have imagined that. But Aan holds her family in such high regards. Is she always so lost in dusron ka dard to realize what is going on in the real world?

Yahan toh itna hota hai ke bachare dulha dulhan ko ek dusre se proper baat karne mein bhi 1 mahina lag jata. 😆

Nuclear families are slightly better though. Marrying into a joint-family means be ready to bid goodbye to your privacy and live and let live approach of life. That's either carelessness on the writer's part or the characters if we're to forgive the writers.

I can't believe Ayla's mother is so deluded. She knows her daughter's nature, she knows the circumstances in which she got divorced and married, she knows what must have done to hold the family together and MOST of all she knows her daughter's mental condition (Allah jaane what though ) and her response/actions just don't match to the personality such a woman would have. Such people usually get extra cautious and more protective so that their kid's marriage/family doesn't break. I expect Ayla & family to be back again though.

Indian families usually bare each other's bullshit because they have these values which they believe they should live upto. Khoon ke rishte matters a lot. So, I kinda get Aan's attachment to her father's family. She's either oblivious to what Amma was talking about or she probably doesn't mind it as long as they're not seriously threatening her and Amma's existence or peace somehow. Besides, she's caring, forgiving and abides by her philosophies strictly. Most of all is a Allah ki shukar mand bandi. 😳 So, I wouldn't really be surprised if she knows what Amma was talking about and yet forgave.

thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic.

^Yeah but that holds true to general awaam as well. There are so many people who'd read just one book in their entire life on any socially relevant subject and then never bother to look elsewhere for opinions. That book becomes the law. With that site it's the same - because it has a lot of voices saying/agreeing to the same thing it gives off the impression of that being the truth. And it's not like a LOT of our Pakistani dramas give us opportunity to healthily discuss in an open environment. Aside from a Udaari here, or Zindagi Gulzar Hai there..we hardly get shows where the narrative and the execution gives ample opportunity to get serious discussions going. The intellectuals don't have high opinion of Desi dramas so they stay away from them. So we get pseudo-intellectuals to take up that mantle and say whatever they want with definite authority.

I guess with other drama industries like English or Korean, even Indian to some extent, there is enough of serious discussions to counter the baseless trolling/agenda reviewing that's going on. Review sites/blogs are still new here but they are gaining steady foothold. I saw audio reviews being started on Patari but I didn't dare listen to what the lady had to say about Sanam lest it was another rehash of reviewit comments 😆

Well yeah, you're right.. sad state of affairs *sigh* :(

I actually came across it yesterday, it isn't completely a reviewit narrative, haha.. She (the reviewer on Patari) basically points out the typical portrayal of a rich girl in jeans and her being spoilt and snobby whereas Aan coming from a humble background is the saint in shalwar kameez, and how it's unlikely for a middle class girl to be that free with a male neighbour et all.. regarding the technicalities she pointed out she was happy with the direction, the visuals and the acting, apart from Osman whose acting she thinks looks forced..

Regarding Osman's acting I think he's doing quite fine now that Harib's come out of his dukhi, suffering mode..
thinkagain thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

thinkagain and mais leave nothing else to say for anyone else. Agreed to all your views about the episodes guys. Barely got anything to add myself. I like this subtlety, innocence and beauty Aan-Harib scenes have, especially the part where Aan ki pitayi hoti 'cause Harib blows her cover. 😆 Apart from that, don't think I like anything much. This Sara female is annoying.

😆 I'd still love to read your views in your words!! You and of course @lostmymusic are quite the entertaining writers, so keep it coming! I very often L-O-L at my screen reading your posts!
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

Yahan toh itna hota hai ke bachare dulha dulhan ko ek dusre se proper baat karne mein bhi 1 mahina lag jata. 😆

Nuclear families are slightly better though. Marrying into a joint-family means be ready to bid goodbye to your privacy and live and let live approach of life. That's either carelessness on the writer's part or the characters if we're to forgive the writers.

I can't believe Ayla's mother is so deluded. She knows her daughter's nature, she knows the circumstances in which she got divorced and married, she knows what must have done to hold the family together and MOST of all she knows her daughter's mental condition (Allah jaane what though ) and her response/actions just don't match to the personality such a woman would have. Such people usually get extra cautious and more protective so that their kid's marriage/family doesn't break. I expect Ayla & family to be back again though.

Indian families usually bare each other's bullshit because they have these values which they believe they should live upto. Khoon ke rishte matters a lot. So, I kinda get Aan's attachment to her father's family. She's either oblivious to what Amma was talking about or she probably doesn't mind it as long as they're not seriously threatening her and Amma's existence or peace somehow. Besides, she's caring, forgiving and abides by her philosophies strictly. Most of all is a Allah ki shukar mand bandi. 😳 So, I wouldn't really be surprised if she knows what Amma was talking about and yet forgave.

Khair yahan toh biwi ne shaadi ki raat shauhar ko sirf apni sunai 😆 And then lack of communication ki wajah se divorce bhi hogaya xD

Yeah but nuclear families in our societies aren't this isolated. They keep in touch and constant visiting is not rare. Honestly I had thought that Ayla either lived alone or was an orphan with the way they had shown the wedding. It was really a surprise to see her having a happy family. Right from the wedding night, Ayla had not a single relative from her side. I guess this isolation was a deliberate move from the writers cuz if not for this, the outcome would be much different.

With Ayla's mom..I see her as a mother who is very protective of her daughter. Yeah she is well aware of Ayla's behavior but she has more or less cocooned her by denying to address the issue. She counting on Harib to take care of Ayla proves that she knows her daughter needs help. But when it comes to dealing with the consequences of Ayla's actions, she simply becomes a mother who knows her child can do no wrong. She didn't even spare her husband and played the, "Ayla isn't your daughter so you don't care about her" card on him. Which doesn't make sense because she has confessed to Ayla's stepfather being a very good father to Ayla. But when emotions run high, all of that sense is rarely to be found.

Pretty sure Aan's paternal side of the family has done some seriously shitty stuff to Amma. They can love Aan because she is their flesh and blood but Shabnam is an outsider, not from their khandaan and was all Shaukat Sahab's pasand. No way she had a smooth run in her sasural. Aan has sense enough to decline marriage to Khurram because he is a good for nothing person but the love she feels for her family makes me feel she is oblivious to the deeper schemes they play. Hopefully she'll learn before it's too late. IF SHE GETS BLACKMAILED INTO SAYING YES TO KHURRAM IMMA FLIP TABLES!! 😡
sourmisery thumbnail

Originally posted by: thinkagain

Well yeah, you're right.. sad state of affairs *sigh* :(

I actually came across it yesterday, it isn't completely a reviewit narrative, haha.. She (the reviewer on Patari) basically points out the typical portrayal of a rich girl in jeans and her being spoilt and snobby whereas Aan coming from a humble background is the saint in shalwar kameez, and how it's unlikely for a middle class girl to be that free with a male neighbour et all.. regarding the technicalities she pointed out she was happy with the direction, the visuals and the acting, apart from Osman whose acting she thinks looks forced..

Regarding Osman's acting I think he's doing quite fine now that Harib's come out of his dukhi, suffering mode..

Oh that's great then! Some very valid points. LOL @ "saint in shalwar kameez" 😆 It's true though. Another case being Sara whose upper class upbringing was what led to the breakup with Harib. But what's interesting is that it's Aan's saint avatar which is what we don't like about her. She's tooo good, unrealistically so. Too much of something is never good, not even saintpanna 😆 Obi is MUCH more pleasant to watch now. Until the next wave of dukhi angst hits that is xD
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: lostmymusic

Khair yahan toh biwi ne shaadi ki raat shauhar ko sirf apni sunai 😆 And then lack of communication ki wajah se divorce bhi hogaya xD

Actually. 😆

Yeah but nuclear families in our societies aren't this isolated. They keep in touch and constant visiting is not rare. Honestly I had thought that Ayla either lived alone or was an orphan with the way they had shown the wedding. It was really a surprise to see her having a happy family. Right from the wedding night, Ayla had not a single relative from her side. I guess this isolation was a deliberate move from the writers cuz if not for this, the outcome would be much different.

Agreed. Yeah, I was almost convinced both Ayla and Harib must be orphans and have no family to fall back on. We only came to know after the dawat ka silsila started.😆

With Ayla's mom..I see her as a mother who is very protective of her daughter. Yeah she is well aware of Ayla's behavior but she has more or less cocooned her by denying to address the issue. She counting on Harib to take care of Ayla proves that she knows her daughter needs help. But when it comes to dealing with the consequences of Ayla's actions, she simply becomes a mother who knows her child can do no wrong. She didn't even spare her husband and played the, "Ayla isn't your daughter so you don't care about her" card on him. Which doesn't make sense because she has confessed to Ayla's stepfather being a very good father to Ayla. But when emotions run high, all of that sense is rarely to be found.

I get what you're saying. Despite that, Alya's mom being a one of a kind mother who doesn't ask her daughter to solve her problems or simply to adjust and compromise is a little difficult to digest because reality mein uska bilkul ulta hota hai. The world comes tumbling down but no one battles an eye lid is still quite unrealistic though.

Pretty sure Aan's paternal side of the family has done some seriously shitty stuff to Amma. They can love Aan because she is their flesh and blood but Shabnam is an outsider, not from their khandaan and was all Shaukat Sahab's pasand. No way she had a smooth run in her sasural. Aan has sense enough to decline marriage to Khurram because he is a good for nothing person but the love she feels for her family makes me feel she is oblivious to the deeper schemes they play. Hopefully she'll learn before it's too late. IF SHE GETS BLACKMAILED INTO SAYING YES TO KHURRAM IMMA FLIP TABLES!! 😡

Could be, could not be. I don't know, I didn't feel her in law's might have had given her a hell of a time and life while she was staying with them. I mean, to me, they all seem incredibly interfering and a mightily annoying lot. But you understand the show much better than I do, so your theory has good chance to be right.

Tables flip karke kya faida, seedhe bhi wapus tumko hi karne padenge. 🤣 Sorry, that was lame attempt at making a joke. 😆

Edited by .annihilation. - 7 years ago
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: thinkagain

😆 I'd still love to read your views in your words!! You and of course @lostmymusic are quite the entertaining writers, so keep it coming! I very often L-O-L at my screen reading your posts!

You mean you laugh looking at those peele takle smileys I put next to my jokes so that people understand I just made a joke, right? 🤡 Ah, good on me. Method worked. 😎

It's in fact Mais's and your posts that have sarcasm and humour dripping down from each line. I like coming over and reading what you both have to say 'cause that is more entertaining than watching the episode. 😆