How did you start watching Pakistani dramas?

-JollyJabeen-JB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi all,

So I started to watch some Pakistani dramas and was fascinated. So far, I've seen Humsafar, Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Maat, Mera Naseeb and bits of MQMD.. and they are really good!!!! There to the point, not draggy and really simple. Not to mention they are improving my Urdu!!๐Ÿ˜†

I was wondering how you all feel about Pakistani dramas, when you started watching them etc? I live in the UK, have always watched Indian dramas until just recently.. and yeah.. :-))

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew what khidmat-guzar means???? Trying to watch Muhabbat subh ka sitara hai and this came up on the first episode.. as i said, great for learning Urdu๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by -JollyJabeen-JB - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ayshax thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey,

I'm also from UK.. I started watching Pakistani Dramas as a recommendation from a friend to watch Khuda Aur Mohabbat which hooked me on to them.. I then watched Humsafar, Maat, Mera Naseeeb and many more, and I'm currently watching Dil Lagi which is a fab one going..

I also used to watch loads of Indian dramas but the story lines are too similar to each other hence boring which is another reason why I prefer Pakistani dramas..

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I was recommended by Desigal90 who's also on IF and she recommended to me to watch Quaid E Tanhai so that was the first one I watched and I absolutely loved it, then watched Khuda aur Mohabbat which was okay.

Still got a list of dramas I need to watch. I'm from the UK as well. I've switched from Indian Dramas to Pakistani dramas ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
simidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
for me it was simple As i was born in Pakistan moved to uk after marriage.
-JollyJabeen-JB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Haha thanks for the replies!! I love how everyone's in the UK!!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿค—
791198 thumbnail
A member on Bollywood forum recommended Quaid E Tanhayi to me back in 2012. Been hooked to Pak dramas since.
791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruky786

I was recommended by Desigal90 who's also on IF and she recommended to me to watch Quaid E Tanhai so that was the first one I watched and I absolutely loved it, then watched Khuda aur Mohabbat which was okay.

Still got a list of dramas I need to watch. I'm from the UK as well. I've switched from Indian Dramas to Pakistani dramas ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Same here! ๐Ÿ˜†

Desigirl recommended QET to me too! Started watching after that. I think we were recommended at the Same time lol

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
On another IF forum someone made a VM that included lots of popular lead couples. I knew them all except Zaaroon and Kashaf. I was instantly interested and asked about them. Watched an episode was totally hooked. Then watched Humsafar and so on and so on...
Now I follow lots of Hindi and Pak shows...

I don't live in the UK but in Canada ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by Sky23 - 8 years ago
TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

#MusJeena (KMKT)

After the launch of zindagi channel ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Back when I had Desi channels I used to watch Humsafar during it's air time but never pay attention to Pakistani drama back then it was just after ZGH I start watching them more offend and watched some old good ones like Quaid E Tanhai, Khuda Aur Muhabbat, Pyarey Afzal, Meri Ladli, Mohabbat Jaye Bhar Mein and so on...