Wali & Farah OS: You Became My Dream

Mahu34 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

You Became My Dream
A Diyar-e-Dil Story of Wali & Farah

Set your soul free.. And fall in love

Having felt the elders hand touch her head in a sense of blessing, Farah was guided through the long set of hallway as the Walima Ceremony was long over. With her mother beside her side, she passed various photographs on the walls. Remembering the past as she embraced the future.

A wave of emotions came crashing down upon her. Nervousness. Excitement. Relief. Acceptance.

As Farah took light steps toward the bedroom which had officially become hers, she caught a mirror taking a glance at herself. She couldn't help but smile by what had chosen to wear for the evening. A white colored dress with heavy work on it.

With her heart beating, she reached the bedroom where she was supposed to stay with her husband, Wali Suhaib Khan.

Ruhi, the mother helped her inside, before kissing her warmly on her head and blessing her with a smile on her face.

A while later, where the guests were long gone, Wali stood in front of the closed door of the room where his bride was waiting patiently inside.

Thinking to himself that she could easily wait a few more hours just to tease her a bit, but he decided to spare her this time.

Grabbing the handle of the door, he opened it carefully before stepping inside.

Light cream colored curtains swayed gently into the couple's bedroom. Only source of light came through the wide windows as the moon alone shone brightly in the dark sky.

His soft brown eyes fell on his wife with a warm smile on his face. She looked absolutely breathtaking while wearing a white colored dress where the dupatta covered her head elegantly.

Glowing in the most beautifully manner.

He couldn't wipe the smile off from his face. This woman was his wife - his love.

A thought slowly crept into his mind of the time where he had quietly walked in to find her sleeping on his bed. The sight had surprised him beyond words but later had turned into a feeling of being proud of her move. The sight of waking her up and how her shy eyes refused to glance at him, had only made him smirk. The heartfelt conversation they had afterwards had of course overpowered their minds about each other.

After all, making the Ziddi Larakha Larki to declare her true feelings was never an easy task to complete - but he had managed to pull it off.

Taking a step forward, Wali closed the door where Farah raised her gaze by the sound and met his eyes. Not knowing what to do, she quickly lowered them again.

Blushing...'
Wali thought to himself once he approached her.

Keeping her hands on her lap, Farah felt his eyes on her. Not knowing what to do or say, she tried however. "Uh.. Is everyone else asleep? Agha Jaan too?"

Wali smiled thinking that it was typical her to ask about others. "Yes, they've all gone to sleep. I just sent off a few guests as well."

Farah nodded in return playing with her fingers slightly.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head.

"I know I am.." Wali confession.

"Then I am too.." She spoke softly catching his gaze.

Wali slowly reached forward as he removed a few strands of hair from her face. She briefly closed her eyes under his electrifying touch.

"Farah.. I want you to have something."

She watched him reach inside the pocket of his Sherwani and taking out a black small box.

"What's this, Wali?"

"Why don't you open it and find out.."

Reaching for the black small box, she carefully opened it and gasped lightly. Her eyes found a white gold ring with a sparkling emerald stone. "Wali.."

He smiled watching how her eyes shone. "It belonged to Agha Jaan before it was handed to Baba. It's family heritage and you're a part of it now. It belongs to you now."

Not being able to control the emotions she was going through a lone tear had escaped her eye. "It's beautiful."

"We never had any engagement as it all happened so quickly." He paused remembering under what circumstances they had married each other. "I want you to be mine, Farah."

She witnessed the sheer love from his eyes. She had never seen or felt this way before. A tingling feeling rushing through her being.. Was this how happiness felt like? To be in love for the very first time?

"Hey.." A voice brought her out from her thoughts. "Are you crying?"

Farah shook her head with a gentle smile, wiping the fallen tear away. "I was just remembering Baba and Chachu. How happy they would have been today."

"Yeah." Wali shared as his eyes began to cloud. Taking a glance around the room. "Everything is yours now, hold it dear to you."

Farah tore her eyes away and stared into his brown soulful eyes. She knew what he was referring to. "You know I don't value these material things. The only thing that matters is my family. Being with you and everyone else come happiness and warmth... Sometimes I can't help but wonder if I am even worthy of all this? After all what I have done and caused everyone.." She took a small glance down at the ring.

Wali reached for her hand, entwining their fingers together. "Farah.. You've assembled two families to reunite again. You are worthy of everything. You are the only one who has the right over me."

Glancing into his eyes, her head fluttered by his words. Never did she think she would gain a life-partner who not only saved her from troubles but carried a gentle soul.

She grasping lightly into his hand and spoke in a soft whisper. "You have the right over me too, Wali."

"I promise to always keep you safe.. I promise to fulfill every dream or wish you might have.. I promise to keep you smiling so your laughter will echo around these walls of this Haveli.." He whispered. "I promise..."

" - I promise if I feel something, I won't make a fool out of myself." She interrupted making him chuckle as she relaxed a little.

Farah lowered slightly her gaze removing a few strands of hair. "I should probably go and change."

Wali gave her a nod, giving her space to get up.

Farah sat by the mirror as she was busy taking off her heavy earrings and jewelry. Her eyes would sometimes raise and get a small glimpse at him through the mirror.

She lowered her gaze and continued with her new task. She went on to take off the pins which held her dupatta in place. Once she was done, she walked inside the bathroom to change.

Half an hour later, Farah climbed into the bed, feeling strangely comfortable. As if she had finally reached that one place where she belonged. Where she felt at home..

Wali turned off the light, but could still notice how the moonlight traveled through the curtains of the wide balcony doors.

Wali looked down at Farah and smirked in the dark. "Already feeling comfortable."

Sensing how she must have turned slight pink, he got the answer he was waiting for. "Wali.. Don't tease me."

He chuckled in return. As they lay silently in the dark, glancing into the ceiling, none of them spoke. Thinking they wouldn't want to disturb one another.

"Will you say it one last time?" Farah whispered.

"Wali ki dulhan, Farah.. I will jeep saying it for the years to come."

Closing her eyes, she knew she belonged to him now. To her husband, Wali Suhaib Khan.

Though middle of the night, she groggily opened her brown soft eyes seeing the darkness of the room. She noticed how the moonlight shone down at the sleeping man next to her. She carefully reached a hand forward, running her fingers across his stubbled cheek, before letting sleep overtake her again.

Wali suhaib khan.. Her husband.. Her Wali..

---------------

Waking up in the early morning, Farah reached a hand forward to the other half of the bed, but to her surprise found it empty. Turning her head to the side and away from the warm pillow, she couldn't seem to find Wali anywhere in the room.

He must have gone horse riding.'
She thought to herself.

Blinking a few times, she stretched her body before deciding to get up. Taking a shower and dressed into a blue simple dress, she went downstairs to have breakfast with the rest of the family.

Stepping inside her eyes found Zarminey who smiled back at her and Wali who was already seated at the table.

As everyone got seated, Agha Jaan joined in as he was being wheeled inside by Gul Khan. "How are my children today?"

"Salaam Agha Jaan." Wali and Faraah spoke as they went on to give a hug.

He kissed them on their foreheads before breaking into a warm smile. As their all settled down around the breakfast table with various dishes in front of them, they began to eat.

"Agha Jaan.. Everyone were quite satisfied with the ceremony last night.. It seems like it went fine, all because of the many prayers we received." Arjumand shared taking a glance at the newly wedded couple.

"Well, I am happy that it went well. After all my grandchildren deserve it."

Ruhi sat thinking how she missed the warmth for so long which only came from being with those who really cares about you. Her thoughts were however drawn to Agha Jaan's question.

"Farah.. Wali didn't disturb you did he? It was a long night yesterday and everyone slept quite late."

She was about to shook her head, but Wali interrupted. "Disturb, Agha Jaan? Your grandchild hasn't let me sleep at all."

Farah furrowed her brows slightly. What? Did he fall of the horse and hit his head?'

Wali took a small glance at Ruhi. "Tayi Ammi, you didn't tell me that your daughter snores! She kept me awake all night."

Ruhi shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't know she snored before.."

Farah watched how the conversation exchanged between her mother and Wali. She widened her eyes in return. "No.. This is not true. I do not snore."

Wali turned his attention on her. "Hah. Of course you don't.. The one who's asleep would know better than the one who is actually awake."

A small chuckle escaped Agha Jaan watching the slight understanding that was hidden between his grandchildren's banter.

Blinking furiously, Farah looked at her mother for help. "Ammi.."

"Oh, now you're asking for help?" Wali smirked.

"I would know if I snore, because I have actually recoded myself once."

"Wait what? You record yourself?" Zarminey asked staring at her.

Farah paused slightly before responding. "I used to when I had to study late in the nights. I left it on one night and.. But that's not the point. The point is that I simply do not snore, Wali Suhaib Khan."

"Wali, I think you need to take another round to burn off that energy you're carrying around with you." Arjumand said shaking her head with a slight smile on her lips.

Ruhi passed her daughter a plate of bread. "Enough with the fun, let's eat some breakfast."

As they engaged in their breakfast, Arjumand placed a hand on Farah's arm making her glance in question. Arjumand broke into a gentle smile before taking a small look down on her hand where a ring from their heritage sparkled in the daylight. Farah blushed lightly knowing she must have been showered with blessings.

Turning her attention to Ruhi, Arjumand began to share her thoughts for today. "I was thinking we could make some chicken today and..."

Farah took a bite of her bread watching how Agha Jaan were busy in a conversation with Wali. She caught his eyes in a slight second, smirking lightly at her.

What was he up to?'
She thought silently as the whole day, she could feel his brown eyes on her. Making her feel conscious under his stare. The thing was.. There was something different behind those eyes. Something she hadn't seen before..

--

When the dinner time arrived, Farah was seated right across of Wali but beside Agha Jaan. The whole time, the stare from Wali did something to her, where all she could do was either stare somewhere else or ignore it.

Of course it was easier said than done. Reaching for a glass of water, Farah took a small sip before catching him wink at her secretly.

She really needed some fresh air, so she did what she thought would help her. She reached for an empty dish at the middle of the table. "I'll go and get some more."

Watching her stand up, Wali placed the cutlery down once he reached the jug of water and excused himself.

"As far as I know, the racing of someone's heart is usually the sign of attention. And I believe that you are going through one right now, am I right, doctor Farah." His deep voice spoke from behind.

Farah reached for the dish to take inside and turned around. "I am not." She moved passed him to enter the dining room. "Those stares of yours are not going to work on me."

He shook her head in pure disbelieve. "You know.. I felt this weird this last night. I felt someone's fingers across my cheek. I wonder who it was.."

She came to a halt as her eyes widened. "How did you?... But you were asleep."

"Maybe I wasn't.. I'm telling, your snoring kept me awake." He winked one last time before watching her march inside as she mumbled to herself. Yes, that must be it.. He had fallen of the horse and hit his head.'

Wali broke into a silent chuckle. He enjoyed watching the expression of confusion while trying to hide her true feelings. He hadn't the freedom to do so before, but now there were no rules or restrictions to keep him away.

After all, it was all done in love.

--

Agha Jaan were seated outside the terrace with Farah and Zarminey, allowing the gentle breeze to roam around. The dinner was long over. The young women were sitting outside, enjoying the many beautiful tales their grandfather was telling them.

Zarminey looked into the sky, witnessing how the beautiful colors had melted into each other. Red and blue, creating a concept on fire burning into the dark blue sky.

"It's beautiful isn't, Agha Jaan. There's something about glancing silently into the sky and being thankful of all these small blessings."

A thought slowly crept into Farah's mind, knowing there were many things she was thankful of. Having a family she was surrounded with. Having Wali be her side. As her eyes clouded she couldn't help but study him. The calm nature with his possessiveness toward the ones he called his own. It was something she valued very much among his many traits. She kept staring into the dark sky, wondering how life turned this way. So blissful..

"Farah Wali Khan." She quietly whispered to herself.

She had to admit that she liked the sound of it.

But something made her ongoing smile vanish and was replaced by a worried feeling across her mind. What if something happened to their happiness? So much had happened in such a short span of time, that it made her worry.

"Agha Jaan, it's been a long day today, I think it's time for you to rest." The sound of her mother's voice occurred.

He nodded letting her take over in, as she wheeled her father-in-law back inside.

Breaking from her trail of thoughts Farah smiled leaning in to hug her grandfather. "Good night, Agha Jaan."

Farah took one last glance into the lonely night before heading inside her room. Tying her scarf around her head, she reached for a prayer mat to pray.

Once she was done, she raised her hands with closed eyes and began to unleash the hidden words she had kept deep inside.

"Ya Allah.. You have blessed me with happiness and allowed me to reunite with the family who only had good wishes for us. Allow me to take care of them and allow me to bring happiness and depth into the family. Let no worries come near. Protect us on every step. Let the bond of love strengthen. Ameen."

She ran her hands over her face once and folded the prayer mat.

Meanwhile Wali was seated in one of the other rooms, trying to do complete some paper work. Noticing a few steps approach inside the room, he looked by the corner of his eye.

"Wali.. Aren't you tired? Maybe you should come inside and rest for the night."

Not removing his gaze from the papers, he answered. "I've got some work to do."

"But.."

Wali looked up to meet her gaze. "Was there anything in particular you needed?"

"No.." She shrugged her shoulders casually. Turning around she couldn't understand what was going on. He was being so gentle last night with his words so what happened now?

Wali Suhaib Khan, you cannot just switch from being sweet and teasing to a workaholic of all sudden.'

"Farah.." Wali''s deep voice brought her out from her thoughts.

Turning around, she surprisingly found herself face to face with him, staring into his deep brown eyes. She swallowed once stumbling back, feeling the hard wood hit her back.

Watching him lean in, letting their breath mingle as her heart beat in pure anticipation, she furrowed her brows slightly.

"Do you want me to..."

"Yes." She breathed closing her eyes.

Not knowing what she had agreed to as her mind hadn't register anything, she no longer felt the warmth of him. Opening her eyes she noticed that Wali was busy glancing through one of his boring files. Had he just imagined something or did it actually happen?

Wali sighed without sparing her a glance. "Farah, I've got work to do."

Holding her breath she walked back inside the bedroom feeling her face burn from embarrassment.

Mumbling to herself, she changed her clothes and climbed into bed.

Wali closed the file and leaned back into the chair. He glanced up while letting out a smirk from his lips. He enjoyed the way his wife was behaving lately. He knew she was having a fit about it in her mind, but right now it was worth it.

She had a special glint behind her eyes, making him notice the soft and fragile woman she really was behind the strong and don't-care-attitude.

Shaking his head and laughing to himself he decided to head inside and see what she was up to. Once reaching their bedroom, he still couldn't shake of the feeling when he first time saw her sleep in his bed. The sight always managed to cease his mind and cause vivid emotions go through his being.

Taking a look over her still body where Farah was lying peacefully with closed eyes.

Dramebaaz.'
He rolled his eyes before climbing in before turning off the light. As gentle he could be he wrapped an arm around her waist. Holding her close.

Farah opened her eyes feeling his hot breath hit her neck.

"Are you blushing again?"

She narrowed her eyes slightly upon his statement. "Don't even dare to say anything."

"Someone has become cranky at night." He mumbled.

"I am not!" With eyes wide open, she turned around to meet his gaze.

Wali didn't seem to respond back. All he did was to study her briefly. "I thought it was over with being hesitant.. Remember what I said Farah? I told you whatever wish you had I would try my best to fulfill it."

She couldn't seem to find any words to form ant sentences. She knew what he was trying to tell her. "What if I'm having a hard time telling you what I want?"

Wali lowered his gaze into hers and reached forward to remove a few fallen strands away from her delicate face. "Try me."

Hearing his husky voice, Farah was convinced that he could probably hear the sound of her heart beating rapidly in her chest. She closed her eyes, feeling her lean in to place a small kiss on her forehead.

"You know.. I prayed for you in the longest I can remember. I had to give up a lot of things to be able to take care of Agha Jaan, Ammi and Zarminey. The dreams and hopes I had was left buried deep inside of me. I don't regret it because it has made me who I am."

Sensing the seriousness in his voice. "I am proud of you, Wali. I might not have shared this before but knowing I had you as my life partner is all I need."

"I like to think our bond was written from the beginning." He shared.

Farah reached a hand forward with a gentle hand to place just above where his heart was. "I like to think it was because of your pure heart. I used to think it was impossible to be so calm and resistant, but this was who you were all along. From the beginning."

Feeling her hand on his chest and how her soft spoken words began to take effect on his being. Staring into each other's gazes, Farah couldn't help but respond to his intense eyes.

".. I don't want to keep any hesitations.. I wish to be brave."

"You are brave." Wali spoke leaning closer understanding the meaning behind her words.

As she closed her eyes, she waited patiently for something to happen. Once she heard him chuckle, she opened her eyes and leaned back.

"Wali, not again." Farah scolded with a frown. "I'm going to get some water." She told him once getting up, not knowing why she even said that. Perhaps to hide her embarrassment.

"Wait." Wali stopped her with a grin. "I'm just going to throw this randomly.. I never got to taste that Halwa you once made. Are you going to make it tomorrow?"

"Well, seems like you're never going to taste it ever." Farah showed him a fake smile before leaving the room. As she walked down the hallway and reached the kitchen, she poured a glass of water for herself. Taking a sip, her mind began to cloud.

What is going on? You are Farah Behroz Khan. Why was she being so fragile. She was never like this before. Well, she was never married before either. Or had fallen in love with someone who she thought she hated.'

Shaking her head lightly she reminded herself that she was a woman and no longer a teenage girl.

Returning to her room, she found him asleep. Climbing in, she watched how a soulful expression was evident on his peaceful face.

If it wasn't for him, she would have lived a very dark and ungrateful life. She didn't want to live in that world. She wanted to live where colors were evident by each step she would take. He had become the reason of why the beautiful blessing remained to be fulfilled. She didn't want to dwell on what would have happened if Wali hadn't taken her to the Haveli or made the fake-contract.

Running her gentle fingers across his cheek, before leaning forward where she placed a small kiss as she felt the slight stubble tickle her skin.

"Now that wasn't too hard was it, Wali ki dulhan, Farah." A sleepy voice spoke, making her smile gently.

She leaned closer, burying her face into his warm embrace. He rested his chin above her head, holding her close. "I love you, Farah."

"I love you too, Wali. Always... Thank you." she whispered in the dark.

"For what?" He asked with closed eyes.

".. For showing this Ziddi Larki the value of having family and loved ones in our lives."

The End!

Thank you for reading, Lovelies. Please do leave a comment as I would love to hear what you thought of my first Wali&Farah story.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I love it
Wali is indeed responsible for Fara's transformation of a ziddi jazbati ladki to wali ki dulhan fara.
do write more on WaFa๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Edited by .Intoxicated. - 8 years ago
FiiLza thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really enjoyed reading it..do continue ๐Ÿ‘ imagining osmaya here gave me major feels๐Ÿ˜ณ
hilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loveeed it! :D
ended up smiling throughout. Waali is such a sweetheart, deff behind Farah's change! They're adorable, haha! Loved the transition you showed from their walima-awkwardness till the end. <#3
Mahu34 thumbnail

.Intoxicated.:

Thank you so much for loving it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I'll see if I can write more. I am glad that you liked how the transformation was evident in the story as well on the show.

Javeria3991:

Thank you so much for reading, I am glad you loved it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

FiiLza:

I am so happy you enjoyed it. Trust me, I was having the same Osmaya feels as well while writing. Just looking at them on screen makes my day.

Hilly:

Thank you for the kind words. I really enjoyed writing this. I actually re-watched the drama a few days ago and I just fell in love all over again. Such a realistic and heartfelt drama.

hilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hilly:

Thank you for the kind words. I really enjoyed writing this. I actually re-watched the drama a few days ago and I just fell in love all over again. Such a realistic and heartfelt drama.

Awhie. I love the ost as well! yes, you can help but fall in love with DeD - the characters, plot, the scenery - so comforting and soothing. they need to keep making shows like that. currently following SaHil's hope - loving it so far! <33 :) keep writing for Waali&Faara though!

Mahu34 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hilly

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Hilly:</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Thank you
for the kind words. I really enjoyed writing this. I actually re-watched the
drama a few days ago and I just fell in love all over again. Such a realistic
and heartfelt drama. </font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Awhie. I love the ost as well! yes, you can help but fall in love with DeD - the characters, plot, the scenery - so comforting and soothing. they need to keep making shows like that. currently following SaHil's hope - loving it so far! <33 :) keep writing for Waali&Faara though!</font>

Thank you so much! You're adorable โค๏ธ I am humbled that you are following my other story "Hope." I appreciate it. :) I guess I'll see if I can make a few scenarios.. Once again give yourself a hug, because you've clearly made my day!