Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bibliobibulus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

That's the thing about Ahmer and Hina...Very rarely we get to see such absolutely perfect and flawless characters falling in love with each other...Its usually just one or neither of them and the second leads being all this perfect and flawless...Take any love story, we automatically find ourselves taking the sides...Whereas here I never found myself debating over who is right and who is wrong or who deserves who etc...Both of them have such endearing personalities and together they make it all seem even more perfect!

Yes, I agree. They're both so well suited. Both totally selfless, uncomplicated characters who only want to do good for others. Quiet, decent, no drama. Their lives together would be idyllic..
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Where's everybody? How come no one discussed the episode today?

Just watched the episode.
Glad that Ahmer finally screamed at Maheen. Maheen is such a bitch seriously. And that Mustaqeem guy is also getting on my nerves. Hinna doesn't even show any interest in him & he's so obsessed that he just goes to her house & even makes blank calls to her at night. URGH. We need more Ahmer/Hinna/Hira scenes.

I really like this show but I wish it was more tight-scripted. Its already 15 episodes & we haven't even gotten most of the scenes from the OST & we haven't even gotten to the angst bit of the story. At this rate, seems like the show is going to go on for 30 episodes.

I was getting irritated with Mustaquil too but only until I saw how irritated and annoyed he was with Maheen with the way she treated Hina in front of her own friends...I loved what he said about Maheen after they left Ahmer's house...I am in love with everyone who is on Hina's side actually...Also he seems like a sensitive and sensible guy unlike Maheen...He will never create any trouble for Hina, knowingly...And I think he will also be the first one (even before Hina) to learn that Ahmer also loves Hina...
Bibliobibulus thumbnail
^ Yeah, I think you're right. M's feelings for Hina will make him more sensitive to Ahmer's feelings for her. If he sees them together some more, he might even realise Hina's feelings for Ahmer.
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bibliobibulus

^ Yeah, I think you're right. M's feelings for Hina will make him more sensitive to Ahmer's feelings for her. If he sees them together some more, he might even realise Hina's feelings for Ahmer.

The truth is, this is another version of 'Daddy longlegs' and we all know the story...😉

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't think this show will go on for 30 episodes 😆 Maybe 25 the most.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I made two siggy

Edited by Echofades - 8 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Such a good Maheen ki tauheen bhara episode with focus around Ahmer .The Ahmer-Hina bits were gawjuss as always and as for M&M's both are putting me off M1-atleast was shown the mirror in some capacity by Ahmer and even in the precap she only makes a valid pt abt not missing the right thing at the right time hope it makes ahmer work the right way but it wont cause I see it going the MHMD way or Maheen using the M2 to her advantage.I feel more chance of MHMD way.As for M2 he is still studying and wants to get married like aise hi 😆

Bibliobibulus thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Agree with you. Actually the only thing I didn't like about Durr-E-Shehwar was that they made it seem as though a girl had no choice beyond marriage & that ultimately she had to be the one to really compromise or be the one putting in most of the efforts to make the marriage work. What about divorce? What about life beyond marriage? And also I know personally of people who've been patient like Shehwar all these years but yet never got that happy marriage & acceptance.
Despite this, I don't at all dispute DES being called a masterpiece. It is, no doubt. And Shehwar is an inspiration because she rose above society & its challenges to gain her happiness.

Just started watching Durr-e-Shahwar. Liking it so far. Bonding between elderly Mansoor and Durr-e-Shahwar is sweet.. And it's only 15 episodes, which is great. I think I might manage to finish it in 2 days.. 😊

Did my eyes deceive me, or was Osman Butt an extra in episode 2???

Maya Ali looks adorable as Shahwar's younger sister..

It's such a real story.. Generations pass, but the problems between couples are more or less the same..

Loved the first meeting scene. Mikaal as the young, stuffy, army guy was spot on! Very cute in his awkwardness.

Samina Peerzada is a legend. Full stop!

Young Mansoor has very rigid ideas. It feels like he's regurgitating ideas that have been drummed into him from childhood - this is the way life is, and this is how it will remain. No flexibility, no accommodation for different personalities - you must change yourself to fit in with my family.

Oh no, Kiran Huq again! I don't know why, but I just can't seem to like this actress.. Haven't seen enough of her character in this show to judge yet, but I automatically turned off as soon as I saw her.. 😆

Such typical male behaviour of Mansoor - tells Shahwar not to complain about his parents/family, but then complains about her family to her. Double standards.. He's very defensive about his family's social position. She's not making her changed situation a big deal, but he doesn't leave any opportunity to point it out.. 😕

Oh god, such a mismatch! What were her parents thinking?? I'm on the meetha banao scene.. She's trying so hard, bechari..

Aww man, she can't catch a break! Husband is annoyed because she called him?

Is she never going to tell her daughter what she had to go through?? It's true, though. Each and every one of us thinks our problems are the worst. Human nature, I guess.. 😕

Wow, her mother in law is a real piece of work.. Good grief!

Aww man, worst scene so far. So disappointed in Mansoor. Can men never see what their mothers are like? 🤢

Oh God, this is getting super depressing..

I can't stop watching.. Super depressed but just can't stop.. It's 1 a.m. and there's two hours left. What is wrong with me??😕

Bloody shameless saas and nanand! Treat her like shit and then demand her stuff! Ugh, I just want to punch someone in the face!!!😡

awww, bless.. The brother in law is such a sweetheart..

Oh. My. God! Shameless, shameless, shameless man! How dare he ask for her jewellery?! What baldfaced arrogance! Disgusting!!🤢😡😡

Don't like the overall message. Why is it always the woman who has to compromise, break down, be the bigger person? Why must she always give in, be responsible for keeping the relationship going? People's mindsets need to change.

Well, that was a weep-fest.. Amazingly written story, and superb acting. But so distressing, mainly because it's a story that's still so real. And we seem to always be in the same cycle, generation after generation.. Sigh..
Edited by Bibliobibulus - 8 years ago
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Love them! 😃
576281 thumbnail
After watching any crappy or depressing show all I have to do is get a glimpse of my perfect couple, and I am good to go!
Such a refreshing pairing, couple and story...So what if its been inspired from 'Daddy longlegs'