Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

@Dramawatcher201: Thanks for sharing the link :) I'm posting the interview here.

Anam... thumbnail

Maya Ali - The Bubbly Girl Says it All

Recently I went on a shoot for an upcoming serial of HUM TV that has an exciting cast including Maya Ali, Hamza Ali Abbassi, Gohar Mumtaz and others. The play is being directed by Haseeb Hassan, and is written by Sameera Fazal. The serial is also an MD Productions presentation. So I hurriedly caught up with Maya Ali and and found it a precious chance to ask her some of my curious questions that I was so anxious to ask her after the end of Diyar-e-Dil

So here is the exclusive interview of Maya Ali the chirpy girl, that I took for HUM Network Blog

1. How was the experience in DeD?

I had no idea while shooting, that DeD would become the best serial of my life. I loved working with the entire team of DeD and also loved the character of Fara.

Now that it is over, I feel even more good and exciting when people remember me as Fara from DeD. I think that DeD has now set a standard and it has now become a challenge for other dramas to do their best.

2. How was it like playing an immature teenage girl in DeD?

Firstly since Sanam Saeed and I do not have much of an age difference between us, so it was quiet challenging for me to confront her acting as a teenage girl.

Secondly, I had to act in 3 different age groups i.e. 18, 22 and then 24. So it was quiet tough for me to perform in three different realms. Yet I hope that that I justified with my character well. Ummm,... Faced a lot of criticism for that though, but then somehow I had to show something out of my inner skills.

3. Since you have worked with some of the renowned directors of our industry, so now have you set a criteria while choosing who you want to work with?

I must say a very good question, honestly. Well, I do not have a specific criteria for that but still I think that I now always look forward to a good director, a good DOP and in fact a whole lot of an excellent team.

After a pause she added, "When you reach a certain level in your life after putting in a lot of efforts that is the time when you need to maintain that position for which you become particular about your choices. Saying that, I'd love to mention that this is my 3rd project with Haseeb Hassan. So you can tell that, yes, it is definitely a good team that I look forward to everytime I sign a project".

4. How is the journey from being a model to now being an acclaimed actress?

(Laughs) Very interesting! I had no idea when I entered the industry about what I'd become - a model, a host or an actress. So I started availing chances and did whatever came to me. But after doing my first serial on HUM TV i.e. Durr-e-Shahwar, I realized that I am a born actress and nothing can stop me from becoming one. So I bid farewell to everything else that I was doing at that time and said hello to my acting career which is now my top most priority.

5. What kind of characters do you like to play?

All kinds. I love the ones that are more challenging. Most of the time, I try to pick the kind of characters that are different from that of my last one.

6. We've mostly seen you in happy-go-lucky kind of characters which makes us think that you have a love for those bubbly characters. Is that true?

Well, I think that since after performing consecutively in a row in such characters, I am now better known for being in lively characters. But to tell you the truth this is not at all the case. Actually the the thing is that most of the characters that I have played are kind of chirpy in the beginning. And from that people grasp the idea of me being a happy and fun-loving girl. However they have no idea about the immense amount of tears I shed in the later episodes. (smiles)

7. Who is your favorite co star?

Hmmm... (With excitement) Definitely Osman Khalid Butt. I feel kind of comfortable while working with him. But now that I am working with Hamza Ali Abbassi and Gohar Mumtaz I feel even more relaxed. So that makes it 3. Yeah, there are 3 of my co stars that I like to work with and they are Osman Khalid Butt, Hamza Ali Abbassi and Gohar Mumtaz.

8. How is Maya Ali different from her characters in her real life?

Well, I can relate myself to the bubbly characters that I do. But then I am not at all a "cry-baby" kind of a girl or a worry-wart. No!!! I am very energetic and love to have a good time and have fun on sets. This is the main reason probably why I find it difficult to sob in my serials.

9. Do you think that looks matter for an actor to perform in a character?

Definitely not! Every human being is different from the other. Likewise every character that we play is not the same and has its own requirements. An actor cannot look the same in each of their characters. I hate it when a girl sleeps with a full-on makeup routine and wakes up with not a single line of her eye liner smudged on the eye lid.

So I would like to say it to all the upcoming actors and actresses to please have a good knowledge of your character first and then act accordingly. It is you who make that character live.

10. What about working in movies?

Sure. Why not! (Overwhelmed) Well you never know. One of these days you're going to witness my appearance in a movie as well. (winks)

Interviewed by Zarish Gill

mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing the interview Anam!
As expected Osman is Maya's favorite co star 😆
Dhani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aww Obi is her favorite 😳
hamza is good but bibi yeah jara gohar se dur rehiyega 😆 (Credit Obi)

Thanks for interview anam 😊
Dhani_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I hope Haseeb wont be so stupid to pair Gohar with Maya, because usually in Gohar's every show he takes the girl :@

nahii now i will get horror dreams 🤢
Dhani_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

I think she is there for Hamza's moral support 😆

more of maya's sutan kum saheli
Anam... thumbnail
Isn't Maya being diplomatic by naming her current co stars also as her favourites?
Had she been working with Imran Abbas she would have taken his name instead of her TGAH co actors.

If you go by Maya's Insta posts, she gets along with everyone, every team is her favourite, etc. etc. She doesn't like taking any one name and hurting others.

So honestly (could be my biased opinion) I think there is only one co star that qualifies as her fave irrespective of which show she is working on 😛
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I do think her only favourite costar is Osman. I feel she only named Hamza & Gohar because she is working with them currently
Edited by -MitwaIshqPe- - 8 years ago
The_Imane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anam...

Isn't Maya being diplomatic by naming her current co stars also as her favourites?

Had she been working with Imran Abbas she would have taken his name instead of her TGAH co actors.

If you go by Maya's Insta posts, she gets along with everyone, every team is her favourite, etc. etc. She doesn't like taking any one name and hurting others.

So honestly (could be my biased opinion) I think there is only one co star that qualifies as her fave irrespective of which show she is working on Tongue

I agree 😉😳
Dhani_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam...

So honestly (could be my biased opinion) I think there is only one co star that qualifies as her fave irrespective of which show she is working on 😛

Word 👏
well its just business speaking . we already seen how much is her comfort level with obi. no one can replace that 😊 everyone has a favorite so their is nothing wrong in it.