Diyaar-e-Dil AT # 12- [Mein Tumse Muhabbat Karti Hun, I Love You Wali] - Page 93

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Made by Saher
Shop link HERE

clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It was the last episode, so I couldn't hold back. Keep in mind that the review comes from a sensible viewer, sensitive-novel-reader and a Wali fangirl.

Kahaan se shuru karun? 😳

I won't say DeD is like the best or the most amazing thing this year. It had some major flaws which always left me scratching my head or just laughing at them. But it was undeniably an enjoyable watch. Dragging, at times a lot melodramatic, unnecessary scenes, a bit too fantasized at places are a few issues to name. I don't think I would be wrong in saying that the drama did lose focus after the 15th episode. It's editing went down since then and never recovered. Given the amount of scenes T family had, they should have really been included in the list of the main cast instead of Mikaal and Ali Rehman. Woh becharay tou died in the first fourteen episodes while Tjammul family lived to annoy the viewers till the second last episode. Urgh.. let's talk about priorities, Director Sahab. Suhaib's death and his ear piercing screams on mountains is still something I cannot digest.. cuz too dramatic. They were good scenes but nonetheless, melodramatic. Fantasized because horse ride, kidnapping the bechari heroine twice.. there's no denying that the drama went overboard at times because the writer did make TRP hook her major focus. Do I even need to say when it dragged and when it sucked at editing?

Despite all, it was undeniably a treat to watch. The first 14 episodes were nothing short of perfect. Though I had initially signed in for Wali-Faraah story but it was surprising how the story of the older generation was engaging despite being pretty predictable. Mikaal and Ali Rehman just did the job to make me love the bond of Behroze-Suhaib. Most of all, I loved AJ's bond with Suhaib and his grandchildren. I am someone who goes for everything realistic and kind of sadistic. But well.. main bhi insaan hoon. And you are never too sensible to watch fantasy, are you? :P The drama lost it somewhere because of editing but WaFa (read: Wali Suhaib Khan) and AJ is something I kept watching the show for. And even though their story counts as highly fantasy kinda because that's what FI writes but still.. there was this hook that I couldn't stop watching the show. All in all, the ride was bumpy and had more steep slopes and then gentle but DeD was nothing short of a refreshing watch for me after Pyarey Afzal last year.

Coming to characters, it was overall a good try. Agha Jaan's character outshines every other. He wasn't a loving grandfather and a father always, he changed at the expense of losing his two sons. Quite a well etched character who learned from his own mistakes and corrected them at the age when one is nearly hopeless of bringing a change in themselves. Behroze was man who loved his family dearly but confused his own priorities. He was a man with his own share of characteristics. He may be egoistic, adamant, not the one to bow down and agree to easily but at the end, he did regret all it. From leaving his family to returning to them, he was personally my favourite from the first half of the drama. Arjumand's character came off as a surprise to me.. she was such a brilliant lady screaming dignity and giving me 'I am too cool to talk to losers' vibes. But how on earth could she just sit and talk to Ruhi, serve her food as if there had been no Behroze between them, as if they were always the loving duo of jaithaani-devraani. A better thing would have been to show her maintain a distant yet courteous attitude towards Ruhi. Not everything ends on a forever happy and content note, dear writer. Somethings are meant to be ruined and remain broken for the rest of our lives. Ruhi well.. I always judge her character how it was portrayed in the novel, so no harm in forgiving her :P Plus, she was no different than AJ.. he just accepted his mistakes five years earlier than she did. But both needed a solid push to end up realising what they had done all their life.

Wali Suhaib Khan is one of my favourite characters (read: swoon worthy heroes of Urdu novels) of FI. To be very honest, despite the fact that FI tried very hard to sometimes portray him like any normal guy.. but let's admit it, he was a whiter than white hero kind. 😆 Going on rescue missions, driving insanely for some 7-8 hours a day after getting shot, kidnapping beloved wife for pyarey AJ, befriending the evil saasu-maa as if she had always showered love upon him.. do I need to say more about his heroic qualities? But well.. that's what the audiences crave. In some parts, he did really come out hurt and like a normal human being showed hatred and dislike for others. But his good qualities outdid his bad qualities majorly. Hell, let's think back and remember all the times we said that Wali should apologise to Faraah later for the kidnapping thingy. Guilty, eh? Doesn't matter.. even I forgot it completely LOL. But seeing how he wholeheartedly forgave Faraah, kept aside the past and also keeping in mind that he's supposed to be a hero of fantasy fairy tail-ish story, I guess Wali is already forgiven by Faraah and collective fangirl gang. Yo Wali! Faraah's character.. well. I never quite get myself to love her. Faraah's phadday baaz, laraka qualities are so like the heroines of Indian tv soaps :P Even in the novel, there was nothing about the character that impressed me. I like the novel solely because of Wali's charatcer, his plans and shararat. Told you guys.. a Wali fangirl! 😆

If there's anyone in the entire cast who acted up to the level of Abid Ali, it's without doubt Osman Khalid Butt. I remember the cast came out one day mentioning Meekal, Obi, Sanam, Maya. There was confusion all over the place in regards to who would be playing Wali. Ek tou the depression of seeing your favourite books ruined and then on top of it, I believed that Mikaal and Obi both were unsuitable for Wali. Somewhere I wanted Mikaal to be Wali and Obi to be Moeez cuz I always thought of chitti bandari Aunn when thinking of Obi.. so he was kind of unacceptable for playing my fictional crush :P But oh boy! The promos came out and there I was forwarding the links to all friends, showing it to my sister and expressing how good it would be to see Wali Suhaib Khan on screen. That was a 360 degree turn for me man! 😆 Obi was that impressive in the promos. Yes, in his initial scenes till Bheroze's death, I found him way too stiff and unexpressive. But he outshone everyone as the show progressed. I admit.. I may not like quite a few things in the drama than I did in the novel but Obi played Wali so perfectly.. it was so, so extracted from the novel hardly without any negatives. Coming to Maya, I never was happy see her as Faraah. And well, my fears proved right. Maya was defo not good in playing the younger Faraah. But fast forward to her interactions with AJ and then coming to the haveli, she did really well. People really dislike the way she cries but what I find annoying is she eats up her dialogues while crying. Otherwise, her crying looks really natural to me. I cried at Behroze's death solely because of the way she cried. It may well have looked like an attack or something (not sorry xD) but it portrayed the emotions so well. Even in the last episode, when she cried complaining to AJ, I found it really cute :P It was supposed to be like that.. Faraah was complaining, expressing how she felt ignored by Wali and somewhere it showed how scared she was of divorce (not blaming you there, Faraah.. it was all because of Wali). Generally, both Maya and Obi were amazing in the latter episodes following WaFa's heated exchange at the restaurant.

Until last week, I was confident that I would choose novel over drama anyday. However, I highly doubt my decision this week. Firstly, the drama was so perfect when it comes to the story of the older generation which was just shown in flashbacks in the novel. But then when I think of the latter half, I want to scratch my head. No doubt, AJ-Faraah conversations and Wali-Faraah scenes were perfectly done. In fact, the increased WaFa story in the drama was really amazing! But.. a part of me still wishes to have all the novel bits. Don't blame me.. a book is a book. Keeping it all aside, I believe it was a really good attempt at adaptation of the novel.. they did as much as possible to incorporate the book. But sometimes, the drama went a bit over board with unnecessary scenes. On the other hand, it had some amazing scenes, too. I'm so bipolar right now about it.. but let's get it straight. The last episode was so heavenly, it had almost all my novel moments and it outweighed quite a few negative factors. There were flaws but the ending sealed the deal for me. I couldn't have asked for more when it comes to the story of WaFa. So yeah..I love the book and the drama equally.

Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Mais, where is that 'oonchi naak wali ladki' scene ki gif? 😳 I WANT ONE!!
Dexterity thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I LOST MY COUNT 🥱
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
ZAYA...LOVED LOVED LOVED UR REVIEW
U DID AN OVERALL UNBIASED REVIEW ON THE WHOLE SHOW

AND IT WAS JUST BANG ON
surbhimathur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Zayalicious--Dude the review was superb, i haven't read this novel but i can understand as i am a reader too. And you really said it true. Osman took the show to a next level! He outshined everybody.

Originally posted by: -MitwaIshqPe-

@Abby: On Geo I watch Maryam, Aasmano pe likha, Miss Fire (Comedy starring Sami Khan & Saba Qamar)

@Hinna: Yh I'm still watching.. Going to give it a few weeks before deciding whether to quit or not

APL and MF are old shows...

im loving the scenes between Rahul and Maanvi
Neurotic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Yep, a grey character would be fine, too. But Imma rooting for a villain-ish role right now..
Wouldn't Sanam J be too old for him? 😕 He's pretty skinny xD

I think both of them together would look adorable! Plus she is a good actress! I have watched 2/3 of her dramas. I donno her age but she is pretty young I think! "He's pretty skinny'--Oh Zaya! what do I say to that!
Nice Review btw.
Edited by Neurotic - 8 years ago
Tauba, itni quoting 😆