Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: .Jane..

I can see this is going to go around in circles so let's just agree to disagree. The purpose of my topic was simply to express how proud I am of the contestants I mentioned, not to question the theme or whatever. I don't agree with it but I can't do much about that anyway, it's not like I am the producer. You're entitled your opinion.

Yeah may be you are right 
I havnt watched the show ,so no attachment to it ,may be the reason I look at itway too rationally 
Ssarang.is awesome.:)proud alumni
Edited by tttttt1 - 8 years ago
whiteMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ok thats your opinion.. but for me jhalak is all about celebrity dancing
I started off as a neutral viewer and ended up voting for faisal like crazy in the finale.. for me this season was all about him.. it would have been a great injustice if he would have lost to somelike like sanaya or even mohit for that matter And this is my opinion
And i completely dont understand this non-dancer to dancer journey thing but its fine opinions differ
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: whiteMagic

Ok thats your opinion.. but for me jhalak is all about celebrity dancing
I started off as a neutral viewer and ended up voting for faisal like crazy in the finale.. for me this season was all about him.. it would have been a great injustice if he would have lost to somelike like sanaya or even mohit for that matter And this is my opinion
And i completely dont understand this non-dancer to dancer journey thing but its fine opinions differ

@bold: Don't sweat over it. I have watched this show since it's inception so I am still hung up on what it used to be. And I (and others) don't really feel the need to move on from that because that was/is the fun of it still. For the alternative, I have much better dance shows to watch out for. I did mention earlier on in the season though that unlike previous professionals, Faisal didn't let his standard drop in a show where he had lesser competition which is why I have enjoyed him way more.

As for the rest, absolutely fair! To each his own (:
ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Veritaserum

I beg to differ. I have seen better performances in college cultural fests like IIT-Madras' Saarang. Yes, they improved by miles, but none of their performances made my jaw-drop, save SI's Khuda jaane. Previous seasons have had better contestants with better dance trajectories IMHO.

Previous seasons were better because contestants had better choreographers who experimented with unique themes and choreographed them finest way few acts are still considered the best ones whereas choreography,themes and others elements were repetitive this season what would contestants do? Infact in performances like Dola re and Oo Rey Piya most of the steps were copied from original one's..there was no newness in it..whereas once Lauren Punit did robotic garba..
whiteMagic thumbnail
@jane ok i get what you are trying to say but thats not fair.. If anyone is participating in a dance show it is to win it, irrespective of the fact whether they are dancer or not.. IF it is about journey of non-dancers why are dancers called for such shows. If a dancer has an edge over a non-dancer so does a popular contestent where every one knows that they will atleast reach finale no matter how they perform.
mu12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Veritaserum

@Jane: Contrary to popular belief, majority of them are untrained. These are hardcore engineering students who aim to have a career in Silicon valley after their undergrad. (specific to IITM). My cousin  hasn't dedicated himself to learn the art except when he's choreographed during the time of the event, and he dances like a dream and so do many of his peers and seniors.

Anyway good post in this war zone of a forum.😊

i am professional , engineer  . but who ever perform well in arts who have a career oriented is trained from childhood. its my personal experience 95% of them are trained or belongs to a artistic family. it truly gifted if they perform untrained
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: whiteMagic

@jane ok i get what you are trying to say but thats not fair.. If anyone is participating in a dance show it is to win it, irrespective of the fact whether they are dancer or not.. IF it is about journey of non-dancers why are dancers called for such shows. If a dancer has an edge over a non-dancer so does a popular contestent where every one knows that they will atleast reach finale no matter how they perform.

@bold: I have no frikkin' clue, I wish I did. It's been my question and pet peeve from the last 4 seasons. But like I mentioned earlier, it's not like I can do much about it so it's best to just enjoy what I can.

As for fairness, let's just say our ideas around that in this particular context are different.

There is enough discussion on the final result. From me, I heartily congratulate Faisal and I am extremely happy for him and his team👍🏼

However, take a look at Sanaya's performance in the finale. Now go back and look at her performance in the premiere. Do the same for Mohit. THAT'S Jhalak for me. You can argue with it, you can call me biased, you can question my yardstick, whatever. It won't change anything. I am super-proud of these two and will always cherish their respective journeys from non-dancers to dancers as among the most memorable across all seasons, better than even some of the previous winners. Title or no title, it was a pleasure watching them grow as performers❤️

Hear hear👏
That's exactly what jhalak is for me too!!!! Watching non dancers grow in to beautiful dancers.
😃
whiteMagic thumbnail

@bold: I have no frikkin' clue, I wish I did. It's been my question and pet peeve from the last 4 seasons. But like I mentioned earlier, it's not like I can do much about it so it's best to just enjoy what I can.

As for fairness, let's just say our ideas around that in this particular context are different.

Ok fine then.
not.here thumbnail
Mohit's 40 today was amazing to see. Made me feel so happy for him from his start.
however I do not agree with all your post. But I do agree jhalak need to either have all non dancers or all dancers. I have mentioned this before too.