Sanaya and Mohit: That's 'Jhalak' for me.

.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
There is enough discussion on the final result. From me, I heartily congratulate Faisal and I am extremely happy for him and his team👍🏼

However, take a look at Sanaya's performance in the finale. Now go back and look at her performance in the premiere. Do the same for Mohit. THAT'S Jhalak for me. You can argue with it, you can call me biased, you can question my yardstick, whatever. It won't change anything. I am super-proud of these two and will always cherish their respective journeys from non-dancers to dancers as among the most memorable across all seasons, better than even some of the previous winners. Title or no title, it was a pleasure watching them grow as performers❤️
Edited by .Jane.. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

josh135 thumbnail
Exactly this is what jhalak is all about.. I dont get this dancers being dancers ... Its about non dancers becoming dancers
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Jalak for the makers is an investment ,returns is a multiple of his.much audience enjoy it and ate involved
So I doubt whether the show was meant to be a educational one ,I don't think tvwatching audience would want to see people learning dance or will be happy seeing people improve 

In my opinion the theme.is seeing the stars peoole recognize compete and dance with a little tadka of reality /illusion of seeing the real side of the star
Edited by tttttt1 - 8 years ago
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I beg to differ. I have seen better performances in college cultural fests like IIT-Madras' Saarang. Yes, they improved by miles, but none of their performances made my jaw-drop, save SI's Khuda jaane. Previous seasons have had better contestants with better dance trajectories IMHO.
.Jane.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ttt1

Jalak for the makers is an investment ,returns is a multiple of his.much audience enjoy it and ate involved

So I doubt whether the show was meant to be a educational one ,I don't think tvwatching audience would want to see people learning dance or will be happy seeing people improve 

In my opinion the theme.is seeing the stars peoole recognize compete and dance with a little tadka of reality /illusion of seeing the real side of the star

The title specifies 'for me', doesn't it? I enjoy the bold bit, it's the reason I started watching this show. And I know many others who do as well. It's become less topical now as opposed to S5 when it first happened but even today there is a section of people who won't support professional dancers for winners. And this is in no way to imply that Faisal doesn't deserve it. I am genuinely happy for the guy.

Makers and investors and 'tv watching audience' can have their own preferences. But that wasn't the original format. Professional dancers have gained celebrity status now because of exploring other arenas like acting, etc which makes the criteria for Jhalak pairings ambiguous. It used to be celebs excelling in other fields like sports, athletics, entertainment, etc who had no connection to dance and I still stand by that. I don't know if this trend has come around in the British and American versions but I can't seem to digest it here. Those who can, good for them.

@Veritaserum: That's fair enough but the college teams participating in fests are filled with professionally trained dancers, they all start at a young age and are pros by the time they are old enough for college. Can't say specifically for IIT Madras though. Improvement and as much as they have shown is all I ask for. No one expects them to start dancing like Faisal in 14 weeks. As for previous seasons, yes there have been contestants with better trajectories. I never said these two are THE best. But they do fall in my top 10 across the 8 seasons.
Edited by .Jane.. - 8 years ago
ankitamishra201 thumbnail
i totally agree with you ...n feel exactly the same 
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Jane..

The title specifies 'for me', doesn't it? I enjoy the bold bit, it's the reason I started watching this show and it's what made it different from other dance shows like DID. And I know many others who do as well. It was a very hot topic of discussion in informal networking when Isha was brought in in S5. It's become less topical now but even today there is a section of people who won't support professional dancers for winners. And this is in no way to imply that Faisal doesn't deserve it. I am genuinely happy for the guy.

Makers and investors and 'tv watching audience' can have their own preferences. You're also entitled to your opinion. That's fine. But admit it, that wasn't the original format. Professional dancers have gained celebrity status now because of exploring other arenas like acting, etc which makes the criteria for Jhalak pairings ambiguous. But earlier it was always celebs excelling in other fields like sports, athletics, entertainment, etc who had no connection to dance that were chosen. And I still stand by that. I don't know if this vagueness has come around in the British and American versions but I can't seem to digest it here. Those who can, good for them.

@Veritaserum: That's fair enough. The college teams participating in fests are filled with professionally trained dancers, they all start at a young age and are pros by the time they are old enough for college. Can't say specifically for IIT Madras though. As for previous seasons, yes there have been contestants with better trajectories. I never said these two are THE best. But they do fall in my top 10 across 8 seasons. It's fine if they don't for you.

Yes it did , you topic is why you enjoyed the show 
My.point being the makers might not really make.a show which is to show people learn dancing.especially when they also have trained dancers as contestants every season 
We are discussing the theme right 
In MY OPINION aam janata likes or roots for who they connect to  since its a reality show its could be dedication ,hard work ,entrrtaining personality or modesty or whatever ,which is the intend of the show 
.Jane.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ttt1

Yes it did , you topic is why you enjoyed the show 
My.point being the makers might not really make.a show which is to show people learn dancing.especially when they also have trained dancers as contestants every season 
We are discussing the theme right 
In MY OPINION aam janata likes or roots for who they connect to  since its a reality show its could be dedication ,hard work ,entrrtaining personality or modesty or whatever ,which is the intend of the show 

I can see this is going to go around in circles so let's just agree to disagree. The purpose of my topic was simply to express how proud I am of the contestants I mentioned, not to question the theme or whatever. I don't agree with it but I can't do much about that anyway, it's not like I am the producer. You're entitled your opinion.
MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Jane: Contrary to popular belief, majority of them are untrained. These are hardcore engineering students who aim to have a career in Silicon valley after their undergrad. (specific to IITM). My cousin  hasn't dedicated himself to learn the art except when he's choreographed during the time of the event, and he dances like a dream and so do many of his peers and seniors.
Anyway good post in this war zone of a forum.😊
Edited by .Veritaserum - 8 years ago
.Jane.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Veritaserum

@Jane: Contrary to popular belief, majority of them are untrained. These are hardcore engineering students who aim to have a career in Silicon valley after their undergrad. (specific to IITM). My cousin  hasn't dedicated himself to learn the art except when he's choreographed during the time of the event, and he dances like a dream and so do many of his peers and seniors.

Anyway good post in this war zone of a forum.😊

Like I said, I can't say specifically about IIT but I have also attended my fair share of college fests in particularly in NCR and Rajasthan and know a major chunk of participants personally as well. Not all but I can safely say that 70-75% are either professionals or in training.

The ones you mentioned, more power to them seriously! It's not too easy to manage ECA with studies specially when there is no prior calling. My brother is also pursuing engineering. The work pressure is crazy and I see his efforts of striking a balance between that and his music. So it's really cool👍🏼