Kangana Ranauts statement miffs Divya Dutta

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Kangana Ranaut has recently seen unprecedented success with movies like Queen' and Tanu Weds Manu Returns' and with this, there has come a huge change in what the talented actress has to say at promotional events. Nowadays, Kangana Ranaut can be quoted as saying that there is indeed an unhealthy competition in the industry and people are setting sight to target and malign her. In a recent interview to IANS, she quipped, "I started from B grade films' and today I'm the number one actress of this country... whereas other actresses, whom you might call my contemporaries, they have had no growth in whatever platform they were launched... they are still there and have not risen to another platform." Kangana's overbearing statements, unlike her acting talent, haven't found much fan following of late.
Divya Dutta, famous for her roles in movies like Veer Zara' and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', is one of such persons who took offence to one of the statements made by Kangana in an interview with a popular publication. When asked which actress she thinks could have played the character of Datto in Tanu Weds Manu Returns' or Rani in Queen' as brilliantly as she herself did, Kangana was quick to reply, "Nobody at all. Name one actress who you think could have played them better." When the publication tweeted this, Divya Dutta wasn't able to believe that Kangana had actually said this. She replied, "did she really say that. Only one gets t oppurtunity to get t rte thing at t rte time. B grateful coz there's a lot of talent arnd" - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/kangana-ranauts-statement-rubs-divya-dutta-the-wrong-way/#sthash.p4Lwu7cn.dpuf
Edited by Terenaina - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Divya Dutta wasn't able to believe that Kangana had actually said this. She replied, "did she really say that. Only one gets t oppurtunity to get t rte thing at t rte time. B grateful coz there's a lot of talent around..

THIS !!!

divya was spot on !! 👏

chrisevans thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Deepika fan started an anti Kangu topic😆

I agree.Kangana statements shows arrogance.
Edited by chrisevans - 9 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: chrisevans

Deepika fan started an anti Kangu topic😆

I agree.Kangana statements shows arrogance.

Surprisingly I'm a kangana fan as well but I'm not a blind fan to support these celebs. I criticize dp as well, you want me to look up those topics as well? The only actor I become blind to is SRK😆
chrisevans thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Surprisingly I'm a kangana fan as well but I'm not a blind fan to support these celebs. I criticize dp as well, you want me to look up those topics as well? The only actor I become blind to is SRK😆

ok😊

Word Count: 1

Terenaina thumbnail
I learned from this forum that you can ONLY have ONE celeb to like? seriously? I like most of them except for few but the most that I like I'm not blind towards them. I criticize them just like I criticize the ones I don't like😆
Of course the ones I don't like are the ones I don't like on screen and off screen but my favorite celebs sadly, I have not been liking them off screen lately😆 dp with her rk, kangana with her bitter statements, vidya with her weight...and so on
pakeezah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
to be honest, its getting really tiresome reading the articles made up to target Kangana. We hav already had so many reactions to her alleged statements.
And its crystal clear, Divya Dutta did NOT volunteer her opinion. She was ASKED her opinion on Kanganas alleged statement, which has now been done to death and mangled and every juice squeezed out of.

Its true there is talent a plenty around, India is a country of billions. And only a selected few are given the opportunity.
pakeezah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
kangana has been bashed left n right, what will more bashing give anyone now?
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

what u r a blind srk fan ? i havent seen u in any srk topics 😕

bbsai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
like the thread maker, I am a fan of more than one celebrity.

but on topic: I was never a deepika fan. I liked kangana as an actress.
But now looking at all the arrogant statements she is making, I am no longer her fan.
in hindsight, looking back at her movies and roles, all roles look similar and her voice modulation is not there. all her dialog deliveries sound the same.