Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai

The story is good which tackles a rape issue as Aishwarya gets molested by a goon. It was revenge as she testifed against his brother who killed a guy.

I liked the drama and Aish & Anil Kapoor's chemsitry as they looked great together.

Anil gives a brilliant performance especially the way he sticks up for Aish as people were mocking her for being raped. Aish usually hams in her movies but her performance was good in this film.

Sonali Bendre looks pretty as always but her acting seems all over the place. Maybe the role required her to act more like a western woman.

The comedy from the supporting just seemed random and they all overeacted. It was only there to increase more time for the film.

Overall, it was a good movie.

Edited by Nikhil718 - 7 years ago
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
He Loves Me...He Loves me Not.

I am surprised I didn't see this one earlier! A good movie with a huge twist in the second half. Really liked the narration and the simplistic approach!
Stay away from spoilers if you really want to enjoy 😆

Audrey Tautou is love! <3

The Skin I Live in.

Yet another beautiful piece of film-making by Almodvar. Story of a mad scientist at its finest best. Thought-provoking, disturbing and remarkable! But may not be everyone's cup of tea. It will be in your mind for quite some time. The plot twists unravel in a majestic way. Gave me creeps and chills. But the movie is so nuanced , it's like an art work. The actors did a fab job.
Edited by Lilac_N_Maple - 7 years ago
664269 thumbnail
Ae dil hai Bullshit ..
Finally watched the film, and I must say that it takes some solid guts and talent to churn out a mediocre film like this with an equal pile of confused and un-attractive performances.

Story-

There is basically no f**king story at all. It is all about the male lead growing up and shaving up his beard at regular intervals and trying to sing songs and throw tantrums at the female lead, where as the female lead herself is not sure that why would she break up and marry and break up and pin over the same man and at the end dying without even letting that man know.

The male lead's character is unattractive, neither his persona and nor his songs impress you as an audience, and even the moment when Ayaan bursts out in heart break, instead of feeling bad you feel like laughing because there was no build up to his part of so called un-requited love for Alizeh. It was basically two shots of vodka, some paris moments and boom Ayaan actually is madly in love with Alizeh ? Neither they had any kind of heart to heart conversations, nor she had give him any sort of direction or assistance in his way of dealing with his life that he falls for her like this.

The same thing goes for saba and Ayaan too, Ayaan is no more than a lusty and star boyfriend and suddenly she realizes that she loves hi just because Ayaan tries to make Alizeh jealous ? 🤣.. The film would be the same and still would have the same impact even without Saba's character, she adds up nothing to the story, nothing at all.

About Ali-Alizeh, even though they had less scenes, some how it was acceptable that Alizeh had loved only Ali and till her death she loved him only, it was impossible for her to give Ali's place to anybody in her life. But then when she herself says that she is Ali's habit and even he cannot stay far away from her, then there should have been at least a build up to their break up also. Suddenly Ali pops up and says to Ayaan that how his love fell short of Ayaan's love, W*F was that ? Its not like Alizeh left Ali because she thought li loved her less than that of Ayaan did, neither she leave her to go to Ayaan, she did it because she grew a spine.

About saba, well i have nothing to say, she was included to beautify the film and as i said her character is abrupt, it enters suddenly and exits suddenly with no head or tale connected to the real plot of the film. Infact its better to say that the main love triangle was between Ayaan-Zeh-Ali, these characters affected each other either in love or friendship.

Acting-

Anushka lives up to her character's importance, she gives her character an edge and is the most likable character of the film. She does not give an iconic performance here but her performance is gold in front of Ranbir's.

Ranbir needs to groom himself, either in his looks or his choice of films, from kickstart he is boring, he tries a lot but the character of Ayaan itself is so dumb and distasteful that Ranbir cannot do much to make Ayaan's love exceptional or something that should wrench your hearts. Even after being a douche in KKHH, Rahul makes you cry, the father of anjali and even the friend of anjali shows signs of damage and yearn to make him human and break your heart but here Ayaan is least bothered about his friendship and engroessed in his self pity and sulking mode that why can he never be like Ali and Zeh fall for him. That is not a kind of love I prefer to cry over.

Aishwarya looked gorgeous and beautiful for her age, she shines in her otherwise small and unnecessary role. I still understand why Aish sgned jaazba and sarabjit but i really do not understand why did she sign this film ? Considering the plot, her character has the least importance, her part looked abrupt and even boring while RK looked cringe worthy with Aish.

Fawad, with whatever part he had he shone, KJO makes a point that both Fawad and Aish are touted as great looking individuals in the film too to cash on their external beauty. It is obvious that some of Ali's scenes were chopped off, but even after that he makes his presence felt with less scenes.

Direction - KJO sucks, f he would not inherit his father's property he would never be considered a director too, he has regressive ideas about one sided love and the outcome, glorification of male lead in most bizzare manner which makes you bang your own head.
He should really watch bhansali and bhatt films if he really wants to make a simple plot into an epic and tragic love saga, you need to evoke emotions for your lead pair instead of make them recycle old YRF stuffs and load them with cheesy dialogues.
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Doctor Strange
Am I the only one who is not totally blowout with this movie?? The graphics are out of this world no denying and well the story was decent too.

Benedict was at his best, god his sarcasm reminds me of Sherlock, perfect. I should help but wonder and think about Inception regarding some of the graphics and rest it was not a mind blowing concept.

6/10

NeutralBitiya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The Nice Guys

The movie started off with a lighter note but gradually become quite dark and lost the pace IMO, The imdb rating 7.4 is bit high for the movie...a 6.8/6.9 would be fine.

I like both Crowe and Gosling..they ARE superb actors and did justice to their roles..

Overall it was a fun movie and it also comes with some life lessons here there..
Edited by NeutralBitiya - 7 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ADHM
What absolute bollocks lol.

Shitty films being celebrated in Bollywood- as per.

Aside from (musicians), do Bollywood directors not know of other career paths?

How the f**k does Ayan devote an entire lifetime to the pain of getting friendzoned 😕
Edited by Chippeshwini - 7 years ago
Praveen_MSD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ADHM

Edited by Praveen91 - 7 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Pink
For the supremely relevant message alone, this movie should be applauded. The movie reiterates throughout and tries to change years of societal conditioning that "no" means "yes" into what it actually is...No means No..it's simple..doesn't matter who said it, you stop. I liked the little bit where they added...whether it's a stranger, acquaintance, friend, girlfriend, a prostitute, or even your wife...no is no.

The movie explores multiple ideas about how society interprets consent and provocation, how society stacks the cards against women -- judging them for everything from the size of their clothes, to even something like a woman choosing not to live with her parents despite living in the same city, how men are mere victims of being men.

I liked that Rajveer was a rich, sophisticated, very well-educated, and even attractive man for that matter. It would have been a massive cop-out to cast some creepy looking, poor, uneducated guy because it's Rajveer's actions, thoughts, and words that makes him so slimy and disturbing...not his cosmetic appearance. That disgusting patriarchal and feudal entitlement that these folks have.."aisi ladkiyon ke saath aisa hi hota hai"...well shown. The girls, Minal, Falak, and Andrea are very relatable...they can very easily be you or me. The acting is top notch from them...you feel scared when they are, happy when they are, and helpless when they are.

I liked that if Rajveer and his gang was so bad, then we had male feminists in AB Sr, the sympathetic judge, and the landlord...for feminism isn't limited to women...I liked the mix of characters...the message of course deserves tons of claps. The dialogues, plot, screenplay, and story are fabulous and the acting is top notch from everyone...the girls, Bachchan Sr... except the prosecutor. He was awful.

That being said, there are a couple of flaws. There's absolutely no point to AB Sr's bipolar disorder, his wife...it doesn't add to the movie at all and even takes away. I thought initially the court scenes were very haphazard and ridiculous...maybe because the prosecutor was over-acting so much! I get why Falak accepted to having taken money, but it was a silly way of showing that it didn't matter what the initial agreement was if a girl says NO at any point, it means stop...she is allowed to backtrack. I also understand that people don't get it unless things are hammered into them, especially when it comes to this issue, so it's not a huge problem but I could have done without the whole "are you a virgin" scene.

Overall these are still small issues in the bigger picture...the movie has its heart in the right place. It's nice for a movie to state so plainly that just because a girl hangs out with you, smiles at you, has a drink with you...just because she's a working, independent woman, it does not mean she's easy, promiscuous, or asking for it.

4/5
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pink

though the movie has some flaws but overall its a good watch with top notch performances of tapsee and AB !
664269 thumbnail
Jack Reacher: Never Go back
Finally watched it, have been trying to catch a show since it got released, and it was a typical Cruise entertainer which does not disappoint.

The plot was taken from the novel, so nothing to praise or criticize because it is a decent plot that revolves around Reacher's intellect and capability to eradicate criminals. I think after one shot, making a movie on this novel was a direct jump with no head or tale, but as a separate film, the film is a good one.

Screenplay was very good, there is not a single moment of boredom, the actions are so old schoolish, it seems like you exactly knew that Cruise will be kicking some serious ass in this way and your expectations are met. I personally loved the climax fight sequence between Reacher and the villain.

The dialogues at times have a great sense of humor, special mention to the numerous arguments between Reacher and Turner which are a great relief, its always good to see male and female lead having a verbal tiff with some sexual tension in it and the icing was that Cobie and Tom has a great chemistry too..

Coming to the performances, both Tom Cruise and Cobie smulders were good in their characters, they carried their characters with swag and much needed chemistry amongst them. I think I liked Tom and Cobie more than Tom and Rosamund in the previous Jack reacher film. Danika Yarosh was good too, her part was very pivotal for the film, and I think after ages Tom played a father figure onscreen, in which he excels be it in Jerry Maguire, The last samurai or the minority report..

The ending sequences make you feel the entire plot of the film, i loved it, and it makes the audience happy too seeing both girls back into their own places with Reacher being an integral part of their lives. The final good bye between Reacher and Samantha was sad, did not see this coming though.

Special mention to the iconic running sequences of Cruise, there were multiple ones and seemed like the one with the three leads and the villain running in the same speed and direction was a tribute to Cruise's iconic sprint. It looked fabulous on big screen.

Recommended, especially for Cruise fans it does not disappoint you.

Edited by TeAmo_Messi - 7 years ago