Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

Watching Double XL. Five minutes in. I love the character actors in this! 

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Watching Double XL. Five minutes in. I love the character actors in this! 

So I dozed off and woke up while some song was playing in the bar. Suffice it to say, skip this 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Welcome to Chippendales

Male strippers aren't new now. There are hundreds of male strip clubs across the globe. But the first of its kind was Chippendales. And the story of Chippendales is wild. 

Kumail Nanjiani plays Somen "Steve" Bannerjee, the founder of Chippendales. At first, you can't help but admire him. He's hardworking and determined to make a name for himself. His hustle is deep. But somewhere down the line Steve loses his way. 

Part of the problem is racism. Steve is an immigrant outsider who knows he has to work harder than others to succeed. He's touchy about that. But the biggest problem is Steve himself. He is extremely envious and egotistic. He can't stand it when anyone else gets more attention than him. And he's willing to go to all unscrupulous lengths to get the respect and attention he desires.

Murray Bartlett as Nick De Noia provides the chaos that provokes Steve. An Emmy-winning cinematographer and closeted gay man, Nick transforms the Chippendales revue from a hot mess to a sexy machine. His charisma, popularity, attentions seeking, and hard partying make Steve jealous until he finally plots his murder. 

An intriguing show. 

Neighbors 2

A fun sequel and an underrated movie. For a film with raunchy themes it actually has a surprisingly feminist core and refreshing perspectives. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Watched Dr. G

Liked it. Good one time watch. Surprisingly this was the least preachy. It was a nice dramedy using social setting. I liked the overall story treatment. 

Subtle role reversing when Ayushman enters all girl class. Ha ha.  

Writing was smart. Kisi bhi dharam ko offend na ho isiliye Fatima ki shadi Uday se nai karvai. 😆 Aarif was too good to be true. Unreal banda. 

Shefali Shah top-notch. Rakul was ok. Ayushman same in his element. Liked Ayush’s Mom’s character too. All other side characters were good. 

All in all a good 2 hours watch. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Drishyam 2 

Good movie 👍🏼

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Mirzapur season 1

I liked Guddu and Sweety scenes. In some scenes Guddu was endearing but he has anger issues. Bablu and Dimpy were also okay. Bablu became nauseous when committing crimes. My least favourite character is Munna for violence and lack of empathy. The last episode was brutal, more than I expected.  The acting was awesome Pankaj stood out the most followed by Guddu Munna and Bablu. I felt bad for Rasika's character.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Qala - achhi pichchar hai

Thodi slow hai - mere saath dekhne wale so gaye 🤣

Apan akela last man standing dekhelay. 

Cinematography aur picturization bhot eerie hai... B$$$$$$d beech beech mein meko lagrela tha ki horror pichchar dekhrau. Itni g$$$ phat gayi ki jaake lights on kiye maine lol.

Overall meko kaafi maza aaya movie mein. Babil ne okay kaam kiyelay. Acting sabki tod phaad hai bhai. Ek number.

Side note: Triptii meko bilkul attractive nhai lagti yaar. 1 percent bhi nahin. Lekin lekin acting mast kiyeliy bawa

Side note 2: Qala ki secretary is kind of cute 😳 Achhi dikhti hai yaar, naam dhoondha uska - Girija Oak.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ramy 

Ramy is a second gen immigrant who's gotta traverse the path of life, religion and faith between his Egyptian parents and family and the hypercritical modern world. Ramy is an extremely unlikeable protagonist. I'd even say he's like the human equivalent of Bojack horseman. There are a lot of parallels. But that's what makes the show interesting. A well made show that is not too preachy or edgy. 

The social commentary is prolly my favorite part of this show. You see the brown mentality of parents, the religious restrictions, the cultural differences. Great performances by everyone involved. Season 1 was pretty good, season 2 was dark, season 3 did not hit the mark unfortunately. 

I'm surprised how this show is not popular enough despite being good. I've theories on this but it doesn't fit the review. 

4/5 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

The sex lives of college girls 

The title is pretty self explanatory. I'm just hate watching this show at this point. The four leads have good arc and storylines but they get dropped with no notice. You see a couple together where there's a lot of build up to their relationship but they break up right in the next episode. Mindy Kaling dropped the ball on this one big time. 

Storylines get started and they stop at a dead end never to be talked about again. I have even forgotten the names of the leads except for Bella. 😆

Pretty meh. Watch if you have nothing better to do. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Watched Agneepath again. Cried tears of blood. The best actor in the film was Hrithiks pain-filled eyes. I don’t even know why I volunteered to hurt myself.