Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Overall I liked the movie. So much of love and pain and showed in a very nice way.
Cried with Ayaan specially the scene in which he gets to know Alizeh is getting married.
Loved the part when Ayan cries when Lisa cheats on him OMG I just could not stop laughingπŸ˜†

1st half was great, 2nd half was kind of dragged.
It is all a Ranbir show and he was amazing throughout.

RK-Aish were love <3 Wish they had more screen space together.

Fawad looked so good even in the 10min screen space he got.

SRK-Aish scene was also love <3 Wish they do a movie.
Certainly not anywhere near to Kjo's best. KKHH & K3G will remain his best forever, movies we can watch 100 times and still fall in love with them.
saymaF29 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shivaay-
Liked this film. A nice tale about what a dad can do for his daughter. The bonding between Shivaay and Gaura was heartwarming. I got teary eyed quite a few times, especially in the end. Strong emotional content.
Locations are fabulous. Music is too epic. Darkhaast song is top notch, but the other song Raatein was the one that really got me emotional whenever it played in the film, especially towards the end. Action is brilliant, though the CGI could have been a lot better.
Acting was amazing. Ajay Devgn. He was perfect. The foreigner lady acted better than Katrina and the little girl was so cute. Sayesha was good enough too.
It could have been half an hour shorter but Overall, I enjoyed the film.
3/5
saymaF29 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ADHM-
Easily the worst film of Kjo by miles. He has lost it completely. Neither entertaining nor emotional. Nothing. Story was so lame and the treatment even lamer. I couldn't root for even a single character in the film. Didn't care about anyone. Neither Ayan, Alizeh or anyone. Saba's track was not needed. Cancer track was dumb. Infact the whole film was haphazard. No flow. Music is definitely one of the best of year, especially title track. RK was awesome but there was not much scope in his poorly written character. Anushka has forgotten acting. Irritating throughout the film. Aishwarya was okay okay. Overall forgettable film. SRK cameo again, like W*F was that? What was he blabbering? He was acting weird.
1/5 only for RK and music. Else this film deserves a big fat zero. Totally disappointed.
965319 thumbnail
Mother-Madeo(Korean)

Love Korean movies for their weirdness,this movie though, about the "special"mother of a special child interwoven into a murder mystery,seemed to be strange just for the sake of being so.

Rather uneasy and dissatisfying watch.

The acting was top notch as was the cinematography.

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The Real Tevar- Mahesh Babu movie
I watch many south Indian movies as most of them are action-comedies. But I am reviewing it becoz Shruti Hasan char irritated me so much that I wanted to slap her but then my brothers started quoting Panchnama ka Batman wala dialogue. The movie was very faltu type. same bade dilwala hero. He used his fathers money to develop his native village. the way South Indian movies show the fighting, it's so much fun. Mara ek ko ghum kar pade teen. here also it was same. only difference heroine ek jhatke me nahi pati. Also I loved the wedding fghting scene. Kahna padega Mahesh Babu is very stylish.

NeutralBitiya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The Martian

Though I am from science background I dont like to watch sci-fi movies which pretend to be hardcore science and use scientific terms to make the movie look great. I hated Interstellar, it was bullsh*t..to be honest. But in the Martian though they use all those scientific mumbo-jumbo you start liking it because you shows you the battle of survival of a human in a deserted planet with limited amount of resources. You start growing with the character, feel his pain. Though sometimes Matt Damon plays it a bit too much but still it's watchable.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Dr Strange
Initially, I was skeptical. Dr. Strange did not appear as endearing to me as other Marvel Universe character. I was also miffed about the whitewashing of The Elder One.

The movie satisfied like any Marvel movie. To be honest more than some of their recent films. The movie is highly entertaining with a great amount of fast paced action, fantastic special effects and small pinches of humor just as needed. The special effects have that trippy vibe very reminiscent of Inception.

I think they handled The Elder One plot decently. Tilda Swinton is a chameleon who can be anything. Benedict Cumberbatch is perfect as Dr. Strange. I cannot imagine anyone else playing a self absorbed character and be so endearing. Maybe Robert Downey Jr, as Tony Stark, but the vibe and persona is way to different.

I think the end was a bit of a let down though. Not bad, but things fall in place too easily.
870349 thumbnail
I've seen Ae Dil Hai Mushkil today

I enjoyed it for the most part. Acting wise Ranbir was the best. One of his best along with Barfi and APKGK. Everyone else was tied for 2nd best. The cancer portion bored me cause it was simply done to give the film 30/40 minutes extra. It wasn't even her having it. It was them doing that same thing of him trying to kiss her and she telling him never loved him that way. It had been established already. I thought him shaving his head was stupid. The actual end was nice. But it was elongated. The 2 highlights were the double date & her wedding. I really liked the pain he showed when at her wedding he was slamming that plant on his chest. We all been there 😭 😭 . It's not KJOs best but it wasn't his worst. πŸ˜†
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeutralBitiya

The Martian

Though I am from science background I dont like to watch sci-fi movies which pretend to be hardcore science and use scientific terms to make the movie look great. I hated Interstellar, it was bullsh*t..to be honest. But in the Martian though they use all those scientific mumbo-jumbo you start liking it because you shows you the battle of survival of a human in a deserted planet with limited amount of resources. You start growing with the character, feel his pain. Though sometimes Matt Damon plays it a bit too much but still it's watchable.

You may not like the movie, for whatever reason, but to call the movie bullshit is being ignorant. It doesn't pretend to be anything; it is based on the scientific knowledge of today. Then they go and play with the ideas of extra dimensions, time not being linear (which are subject of serious studies today). The only problem is with the paradox(kind of) it creates near the end but then its called science-fiction for a reason.

Interstellar was written under the supervision of Kip Thorne, one of leading theoretical physicist today and an expert on relativity. In-fact he wrote a booklet, titled "The Science of Interstellar", which explains all the science and then the guesswork based on that foundation; the is in the plot.

I am yet to see a movie that depicts reality as accurately as Interstellar did, on the big screen. It really captures the terrifying emptiness and eternal beauty of space and of time. That simulation of Gargantua (one may nitpick stuff such as the Doppler and Gravitation shifts but then he is not being fair) , the concept of time dilation, the tides, the depiction of the wormhole or the planets is about as accurate as they can put to film.

Edited by -Arsal- - 7 years ago
1017676 thumbnail
Doctor Strange
It was kind of surreal to watch Kathmandu Nepal on HW movie.It made me Happy and Emotional.
More importantly my cousin as an extra in the movie walking behind BC πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ

Loved the movie.
The intricacy of the concept was well presented. The movie was true to its comic books.
Very Entertaining and well worth every penny.

The last minute takes the cake for me though.
Kids and Women were cheering and gasping. I love the Last Minute addition so I jumped out of my seat. 😳 😳