Posted: 8 years ago
Talvar

Story-Excellent
Acting-Excellent
Screenplay-Excellent
Editing-Excellent
Style-Excellent
Irrfan- EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT

I would rate this movie a 5/5 and this could be my favorite movie of the year only if it was a fictional story.

Alas,it isn't and here comes the disappointment. (SPOILERS below)

Unlike what they said, the film is so biased towards the Talwars, bent on making the audience sympathize with the parents. Why was Irrfan cast as the officer supporting the parents and not the other party? Why was Irrfan's character and situations written as if he is this honest officer being a victim to office politics? Why wasn't someone equally known and competent like Irrfan chosen to play the role of the officer supporting the employees of the Talwars? Even though they show Irrfan's negative side by pressurizing a guy to become a Government witness,they smartly make that negative side of his vanish by immediately showing how he has been a victim of office politics. Time and again, from the start, it is clearly visible that the film is leaning towards the innocence of the parents,which I feel isn't fair for a case like this which has reached a dead end with suspicion till in the minds of everyone who has followed the case from start.

But except that bit, the other aspects of the film are brilliant, especially the final CBI meeting of the two teams. How could all the actors be so damn natural? That whole conversation of Shruti and Kempal's sex position was ridiculous but totally understandable...that's how everyone had been discussing Aarushi and Hemraj during the murders. I also loved the dry jokes in the film,especially Konkona's 'Chalo ab rona shuru karna hai'. The parts that involved the murder of Shruti were really difficult to watch, especially for people who had been following the case regularly since 2008, and the resemblance of Shruti's dead body with Aarushi's made it all the more difficult.

8 years, no one still knows what happened that night. The parents are in jail, the case is closed, the parents r the other party can be equally innocent but thanks to the chutiyapa of the police in the initial investigation stage, Aarushi will never get justice. I still liked the way they ended the story like it happened in real.

This has got to be the only movie after Kahaani to have such a tight and crisp script and screenplay. Would have given a 5 but only due to the Talvar angle, giving it a 3/5.

The last line in the film about how Aarushi would be 22 years old but she wasn't allowed to be even 15 makes the whole case so heartbreaking because at the end of the day it was Aarushi who was called characterless,with fake mms of hers being telecast by disgusting news channels like India TV.

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Finally saw humshakals after watching the movie I was like this ' πŸ€ͺ '
870349 thumbnail
Man up with Simon Pegg and Lake Bell .

Such a bullshit British rom com πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Drishyam
Really liked it. The feel, the thrill, the performances, even the music!

Ajay and Tabu were great! Even rajat kapoor!

***1/2
hbkrocks thumbnail
Just saw Jazbaa - One time watch
Film was OK i thought Aishwarya could had done much better although she was good in it but she could had made it her own movie . I never get attached to her onscreen character . her characters shared similarity with Tabu's character in Drishyam . Both are searching their children who are not with them for different reasons . where Tabu played her character so well you can watch in her eyes pain for his son at the same time she was super strong from outside as a inspector In Aishwarya case she was good as a confident lawyer but she lacked emotions her eyes were shown red all the time as if she is crying all the time or trying very hard day and night to reach to her daughter while Tabu did not shed a tear still we feel for her .
And most annoying thing was its filmy style Aishwarya running in slow motion to catch up her daughter and when she could not catch them she shouts Sanayaaa for a minutes .Song was not needed in the film they were slowing the pace of the movie . Backround music was too loud . Love angle was definitely not required but i guess some directors still feel bollywood movie is incomplete without songs and love angle .
As for Irrfan Khan he was there for dialogues and action sequence though he was good in it . Shabana Azmi was good , what was Jackie Shroff doing in such a small role ? The guy that played rapist was good too
Plot was weak they tried to make it a suspense thriller but then everybody was guessing it right Nobody was shocked in the end although the reason was different which we guessed . First half was good but 2nd half was too boring i felt like sleeping . In the end they try to convey a social message which is becoming trend nowdays but then why they ignored it in whole movie .
Overall it is a one time watch

MY RATING 2.5/5

Edited by hbkrocks - 8 years ago
870349 thumbnail
Watched like 20 episodes of Tim Allens 2nd show on abc . Last man standing . While not as good as his old show . Entertaining nonetheless. Plus This time he has 3 daughters instead of 3 sons and their all kinda hot 😳
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rhino2close2car

Watched like 20 episodes of Tim Allens 2nd show on abc . Last man standing . While not as good as his old show . Entertaining nonetheless. Plus This time he has 3 daughters instead of 3 sons and their all kinda hot 😳

Ya it is good. The older one is a single mum. She has a son
The middle one is typical teen.
Third one is a geek
870349 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Live2eat

Ya it is good. The older one is a single mum. She has a son
The middle one is typical teen.
Third one is a geek

Did you notice between one of the seasons they switched the actress who was the oldest daughter πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
BeingBlunt thumbnail

Love Legion

Vivah : For the Nth time. πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ The most romantic movie ever. ☺️
I dont know when i will see another movie like this.

1019702 thumbnail
Humari Adhuri Kahaani...
I started watching as it was coming on TV...
What a Daily Soap Drama...full on Balaji Telefilm Plot...
Geezzz...Too Melodramatic...
Bad Acting...and utterly Stupid Plot...

The Mines planted in a field of full blown Lily was Hilarious...
At the end when Rajkumar Rao goes to Lily Field in Bastar to put Vasudha's Asthiya in the Lily field where Arnav Died...I actually thought ...that may be Mines are still planted and Budhao Ud jayegaa ab...πŸ˜†.

The only saving Grace was Music..
Title Track and Hasi ban Gaye... were Melodious...

I felt bad for both Bidya and Rajkumar... :P