Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Watched 'Kapoor & sons' yesterday and liked it. And I was surprised cos I wasn't expecting to. Rishi Kapoor is lovable. Rajat Kapoor is such an awesome actor. Sad that he never got his due. Ratna Pathak Shah...I just LOVE this woman!! Yeh Pathak sisters are powerhouses man! ❤️ ❤️ Alia's character is annoying as usual. Sid...I loved Sid!! Arjun Kapoor, the forever second best son of the family. He looks so awesome & can act too. Good combination and IMO he should do well in his career. He has what it takes. Fawad Khan was great too. He played Rahul efficiently enough. I wish they had shown more of Rahul's relationship. They let it sorta slide under the carpet and peek out a little just enough to rile up his Mother. A little more was needed IMO.

Sid vs Fawad?? I liked Sid better! ❤️ ⭐️

Edited by MithiBani - 8 years ago
576281 thumbnail
This morning I accidentally stumbled upon 'Mirzya' title song and LOVED it, then I went ahead and listened to the whole album and have been listening to them on the repeat ever since...LOVED the entire album! #Mirzya
965319 thumbnail
The Crimson Rivers
Jean Reno and Vincent Cassel are in it-and I like the movie even before watching it.

French crime thriller and I actually liked how the cops were a bit bumbling-I mean there is a scene where our hot shot cop is running after a criminal and stops just because he runs out of breath.

Vincent Cassel is young and cute and actually hilarious in one scene as he tries kung fu moves.

The French Alps look menacingly beautiful.
The movie is a wee bit gory and the end was a bit rushed.

This is no the Apartment which has become my favorite French movie,but still good as a one time watch.
965319 thumbnail

Read my Lips- Sur mes lvres

It is true, we like different movies at different times in our life, I had seen this movie some years ago and it did not leave much of an impression. But now it's like, this is why we like people who make movies- they make make- believe real.

The most flattering description I have read of Cassel is that he is ugly hot, here he has a false nose, a foppy hairstyle and mooch and yet I want to jump his bones.So does Carla the female lead played by Emmanuelle Devos only she would rather hide it.

Carla is supposed to be this mousy unattractive person yet there is such luminosity to the actress who plays her and there is so much more to her than meets the eye.This is one of the best-written and enacted female roles. Carla is amazing.

Paul aka Cassel is neither a good guy nor the sharpest tool in the shed. Cassel somehow manages to make the characters he plays both menacing and vulnerable.

There is no nudity but there is sexual tension all the more potent for being repressed.

Edited by mai1moono - 8 years ago
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First of all Pink is not a universally appealing film..This is disturbing..Its not easy to watch a film which questions our prejudices, deep rooted believes and inhibitions..Hats off to Aniruddha, Sujit and AB Jr (I believe he owns Saraswati production) for presenting one of the most socially relevant issues in a smart gripping package called Pink..
Seldom comes a movie which is not flawless technically but you cheer for it because of the screenplay, lead actor's performance and the message its trying to spread

Performance wise its outstanding...Taapsee Pannu was very good in that action sequence of Baby but here she is something else..Aniruddha once gave us Radhika Apte now we got Taapsee in a new avatar..Bravo..I loved Kriti and the girl playing Andrea's character...Specially Kriti who was unbelievable in the meltdown scene in the court room towards the end of the movies..There are many scenes which will make u choked..
After a long time I have tears in my eyes and it was not embarrassing at all..Its because the characters are soo sooo relatable...It can happen to anyone absolutely anyone..As a 'independant' 'working' women who stayed 'alone' with roommates in India and abroad I can totally relate to the ethos and pathos of the issues the movie tried to potray..

Yes I agree with the reviewers..Its movie of the year..There is some flaws in the screenplay but it deserves 5/5 alone for its performances and message..

P.S - Bachhan is Bachhan for some reason..There's no two doubt that No One can touch him in certain performances..Hats off

I have watched Aniruddha's Bengali movies..His movies start well..Almost poetic, beautifully created but I felt he cant finish his films...But Pink is a step up for him..not taking away any credit from him Pink seems to have Sujit's stamp all over it..It wouldn't be same if Sujit was not there as a creating producer..Bravo
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Raaz Reboot: Nothing great.. Gaurav Arora has an uncanny resemblance with KSG.. he looks so much like him it's disturbing.. but he isn't bad.. Kriti is pretty but nothing much performance wise.. Emraan Hashmi is totally wasted.. anybody could've played that character.. The songs were amazing as always for Vishesh films.. 2/5
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Pink- I wasn't too sure what to make out of the film when the trailer had released as it was all over the place and I was left disappointed because it was the Bollywood debut of one of my favourite directors-Anniruddha Roy Chowdhury. However,great reviews again made me curious of the film and now after watching the film, I am so happy and content that Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury did not disappoint with his Bollywood debut.
Pink moved me a lot emotionally and made me think about a lot of things way past the film was over. I loved how brilliantly the film revolved around a simple two letter word-NO. A word that we are not bothered about when it is said by a woman in our patriarchal structure of family and society. The best part about the film was that it always kept you guessing about what actually happened on that particular night because of which the three girls are so worried and I think it's commendable how effortlessly the makers managed to retain that curiosity till the end of the courtroom drama (pretty visible from the audience who got up as the credits rolled but again sat down as they started showing what happened that night.) I think at the script level itself, Pink is a winner.

The terrific storyline and setting was equally supported by a strong cast-one fantastic performance after another.Amitabh Bachchan,Tapsee,Andrea were all so good but I need to single out Kirti Kulhari and Dhritiman Chatterjee and praise them seperately because of their performance; I thought they both were brilliant! I still can't get over the Falak breakdown scene in the court-Kriti was just WOW! And that lump in the throat voice with which Dhritiman effortlessly played the judge-WOW!
I also loved how they touched so many things starting from the girl from the north east, to the housing society neighbours and their prying eyes over the 'bachelor girls', the emotional harassment and s**t shaming of victims in court among other things in the film. For me, this film isn't about women empowerment, it's more got to do with clearing it to people that let men and women do whatever the hell they want to do without being judgemental on the basis of gender. I also read many reviews where they said the film could've been more subtle and less dramatic in the courtroom scenes-something I don't agree with. With idiots not being able to understand the meaning of NO and that no means no,I don't think subtlety would work with such a film.You need a dramatic and melodramatic setting and a lawyer like Sehgal to drive home the point that when a woman says no,it means no-soemthing I feel the makers have managed to do successfully in the film.

It was heartwarming to see that most of the audience in the houseful show I went to were men and there was a huge applause every time the girls retaliated. After the shamelessness with which the whole Suzette Jordan case was handled by the media,Government and the public, a film like Pink was needed.

4/5

P.S- I forgot to fit this in the review but I think another major character in the film was that of the landlord of the three girls. Despite the threats and accidents, he still supported the girls and let them stay.Also Falak is now one of my favorite Anirruddha Roy Chowdhury characters along with Brinda from Antaheen and Kuhu from Aparajita Tumi.

Excuse the typos.Lazy to go back and edit.

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Parched.
Loved it. I saw it on Netflix today and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a well made film with a lot of heart. The actors, wow..extremely good. The journey of the 4 females is really heartfelt. You see them grow as the film progresses. The film is heavy on feminism but at the same time, the content isn't far from reality at all. Such stories do exist and it takes a lot for them to be brought forward. It's also a tearjerker as the characters are so well etched that you end up feeling what they're going through with every scene. The direction was wonderful. Not sure if this film really counts as bollywood? but this director should direct more often in Bollywood. She knows what she's doing. I must say I'm surprised that Ajay Devgan produced it. 😆

4.5/5.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Suicide Squad -
Not as bad as the reviews suggest . 7.5
1094742 thumbnail
Watched Phobia and loved it, one of my favourite psychological suspense thriller. Recommend to everyone who are a fan of suspense genre. Not similar to Kaun which it was rumoured to be after trailer was out.