sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Akira

Everything was so bad about this movie! 🤢

965319 thumbnail
Mesrine
Did'nt realize how tall and big Vincent Cassel is, till I saw him all bulked up for this movie.

This is his award winning role, but the movie itself about a French gangster who is apparently a cult hero there,was as dull as ditch water especially given how "action packed"it is.
All the Cassel movies that I have watched so far,whether I liked them or not,still caught my attention and I could not look away from the screen.This one I struggled to watch.

The first few scenes were interesting but then it was like Mesrine was a total turd,a very repugnant person and I could'nt understand why I needed to know anything about him and his life.
There is a 2nd part as well.
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Akira a very well made movie. Proud of Sonakshi 👍🏼 Anurag Kashyap too good as well.

Happy Bhag Jayegi - Pleasant movie worth watching. Had a good laugh. Ending wedding scenes were a little wierd.
Abhay Deol is one amazing actor and should get more movies. Diana was good too.
Was very happy to see Zaoon's dad in the movie as Bilal's dad.
965319 thumbnail
La Belle et La Bte (Beauty and the Beast)

Well,my wish to see a French movie with the end spelled out was finally fulfilled.
If the Punjabies are compared to the Italians,based on their movies I am going to say that the French are like Bengalies.

This movie is one of the slowest movies that I have ever watched .I mean there is really nothing to the story of Beauty and the Beast but this movie manages to butcher the little that there is to the story.

The actress playing Beauty was beautiful but had zero charisma or screen presence.
Vincent Cassel sleepwalked through his role.

He was much better in A Dangerous Method where he was onscreen for only 10 min or so but was just so mesmerising in those 10 min as a hedonistic psychoanalyst.

Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Baar Baar Dekho- Horrible, to say the least about this film. Amateurish direction and writing. Idea was good but execution was terrible. It baffles me how even after spending so many years in an industry that demands dialogue delivery in Hindi, Kat's hindi is as horrible as it was before. Also, such pathetic acting by both Katrina and Siddharth. They thought by giving a set of prosthetics, people would go gaga over such 'challenging' roles. Katrina was SO bad, people were laughing during their breakup scene.
It's pretty sad when the most important part of a film-the emotional climax is received with plain laughter by the audience. People were openly giving gaalis while watching. Also, what lackluster screenplay of such a peppy song like Nachde Saare. Promos were much better.

1/5
Edited by AdaPadaKaunPada - 8 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Baar Baar Dekho

I really enjoyed the film till the childbirth scene. But after that the film went downhill and got repetitive and boring for me.

Performance wise I thought Sid was 100% natural. But he is still really boring to watch. I cant explain it... IMO he is far far from a bad actor but he doesnt light up the screen like many great actors do... Katrina, she was terrible in that breakup scene but is otherwise tolerable. Ram Kapoor as usual provides some laughs and Sarika is a pleasant lady to watch.

The biggest drawback of the film is its ghissapita message... Live for the moment, dont neglect your loved ones because of your career ladadadada...zzz...as if we needed another romcom to preach us this.

The story is also somewhat ghissapita with some time travel thrown in between... Guy is ambitious and commitment-phobic. Girl is desperate for marriage and is dumb enough not to see that guy is not interested in marrying her. Later in their married life they face mundane problems such as the guy not giving enough time to his family...And ofcourse by the end of the film our hero realizes that the girl is more important to him than his ambitions and so he agrees to marry her. Phew.

Well, its still a decent one time watch. But I hope BW starts becoming more innovative with roms-coms. Have had enough of these urban love stories with all the gloss and very little to offer in terms of originality.

2/5
870349 thumbnail
Just saw Baar Baar Dekho

It was garbage
Edited by Maroon5.0 - 8 years ago
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
BBD:
I liked the pre interval part. It was more fun, but seriously they showed the same things in the promo.
I liked the future vision and gadgets. But post interval, the storyline is draggged to death.
My advise: Dont watch it in theaters. Watch it on tv instead, sabzi katte katte,that way you wont be that bored.
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Baar Baar Dekho

Movie is kinda different but gets very boring and repetetive as it moves forward. Hardly any good dialogue, punchline or comedy. It is about loving small things in life and not running behind bigger things. It could have been shorter and better.

Sid and Kat look very good and beautiful. Ram Kapoor's parts were funny. Was refreshing to see Sarika. Songs were the best part for me, Dariya is a fav and Sid only for his looks.

Baar baar to shayad koi nahi dekhega.

965319 thumbnail
Brotherhood of the Wolf
A beast is terrorising a province as the French play cowboys and Indians,a genre that IMO is better left to the Americans.
The hero with his Indian sidekick was a cliche ridden milksop.
Cassel, who did'nt have a lot of screen time, was awesome as the incestous villian .