Recently Seen Movies - 9 - Page 84

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
In retrospect... Kuheli (means fog/mist)...this Black N White whodunit was released in '71...it's in Bengali but the YT link includes subtitle... 😊

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAAosUPDpc4
965319 thumbnail
The Monk-Le Moine
You would think that with that name,there would be no nudity in the movie .Well,you would be wrong.

It's not as ubiquitous though as in the other movies that I've watched ,this movie about descent of a strong man of God into weak man of flesh where he ends up albeit unknowingly ,raping his sister and murdering his mother.The unknowing part is not the rape or murder but not knowing before the deed his relation with them.

Watched the movie without subtitles and read the plot synopsis afterwards to fill in the blanks-but the story is pretty straightforward of a priest gone astray.It's just embellished with a lot more stuff to make it seem more than it is.

There is magic in Vincent Cassel's acting where he again is a completely different man.The only issue I had was that I was so busy appreciating his acting that I was not as repelled by his character as I perhaps should have been.
Maybe because his anguish and punishment are so clearly shown.After all maybe we would'nt hate the Asaram Bapu's of the world so much if we saw them dying with crows plucking at their flesh.
rajeshraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Man on a ledge a very good movie with some nice twist and turns 3.5/5
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Has anybody seen the newly released horror-thriller 'Don't breathe'?
Suppose to be great
SRK-BEBO thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rustom - 3/5
Could have been better. But I loved Akki's choices lately. He knows how to balance his scripts for experimenting. He has found a nice balance between crap vs quality movies.
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

liked the film worth a watch some parts were dark reminds of ghajini in parts

sonakshi's character akira is an inspiration wish all india's daughters become fearless and fight devils that try to exploit them
acid attacks is always ignored in films deserve proper laws against them and akira's that give such monsters a punishment
loved the songs

akira dealt with all difficulties well whether at university or with anurag's character
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Mohenjo Daro

Not a bad film per se.
But I found it very boring and unoriginal.

2.5/5
965319 thumbnail
The Apartment-
French movies should seriously come with footnotes.The way these movies end,forget years down the track ,I am left wondering what these characters will be doing in the next 24 hrs.

Anyway,Max is a stalker,Lisa is someone who befriends her stalkers and Alice is well Alice.
The characters are so morally ambiguous.It's like everything is fair in love and obsession.People can be devious yet have no regrets because they are in love and it's ok.

Watched this movie for Cassel and Belluci and while both were good,the scene stealer was the actress who played Alice- Romane Bohringer.
SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Has anybody seen the newly released horror-thriller 'Don't breathe'?

Suppose to be great

Its pretty good for the genre
Also, the good part is that they have kept it short because anything more would have been a stretch
Stephen Lang is amazing as the blind fellow

Definitely worth watching if you like such movies

Edited by SoreThumb - 8 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^^
Thank you for the review 😊

This is in my must watch list... I'll wait for the DVD