Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.JokerHarley. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Mohenjodaro
Superb! Very well-made with amazing performances👍🏼 The background music is phenomenal and Hrithik is too good! I like the innocence he brings to his character😳 It still shocks me how the eff this film has got some bad reviews

4/5
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pituitaryjiggle

I knew of Indian jury abolished after this case.. but above person said "the greatest trial that shaped society was in India not USA"...India make sense karta hai but why USA? they still have jury system..
aur apko pata hai how long was Nanavati jailed for after judge overruled? Movie me aisa nahi tha.

I think Return to Hades was comparing OJ Simpson case to Nanavati case because of how sensationalised both cases were, like the Nanavati case it was obvious that OJ Simpson was guilty but he still got acquitted; however in Nanavati's case it had a lasting impact because it abolished the jury system in India altogether and changed the court system in India permanently.

Yup Nanavati went to jail for 3-something years and then Vijaylakshmi Pandit (sister of JL Nehru, and the Governer of Maharashtra at the time) pardoned Nanavati and another Sindhi who had been convicted in early 1960s. She did this because there were a lot of tensions between Parsis and Sindhis (shown briefly in Rustom as well) and there are rumours of Ram Jethmalani (famous lawyer of the times who was part of the prosecution in Nanavati's case also) having a hand in Nanavati getting pardoned. after getting pardoned, Nanavati and family (Sylvia and kids; they didn't show his kids in Rustom) settled in Canada (like shown in ending credits of Rustom, just minus the kids) and Nanavati died in early 2000s
Edited by lovemango - 8 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: lovemango

I think Return to Hades was comparing OJ Simpson case to Nanavati case because of how sensationalised both cases were, like the Nanavati case it was obvious that OJ Simpson was guilty but he still got acquitted; however in Nanavati's case it had a lasting impact because it abolished the jury system in India altogether and changed the court system in India permanently.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I was comparing OJ Simpson and Nanavati trials.

The OJ Simpson trial is often dubbed as 'trial of the century'. It ushered in an era of media sensationalism. People would go to the court to watch or eagerly tune into television. However, all this happened in India well before through the Nanavati case. That is why I said the greatest trial that shaped society was in India.
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Liked Rustom a lot especially the 2nd half was very good.
It could have been a serious movie without any comedy and it would still be good.
Akki was amazing and a role he played with all sincerity. Glad it was not changed into his Holiday or Gabbar kind of role with him cracking jokes in between the seriousness.

Ileana and Esha looked gorgeous. Ileana did have a strong role as well.

Other characters were all well written and they all played it well.

Though it had many facts very different from what I had read about the case on the internet.

This is a worth watching movie and being a big Akki fan I would recommend everybody to watch it at least once 😳
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
RUSTOM
pluses = great pace, strong acting by akki, sachin, pawan m, usha tai also, no break in pace, the 50s feel was there

minuses = rustom is too too shady [i mean the shadiest in the film] of course nanavati was grey n used his contacts to the hilt to be free but rustom himslef left me confused. the girls were weak in acting.

OK KANMANI

nice n basic plot but well-treated by mani. not a great film but the perfrmances of all 4 leads [yes fr me ganapathy n bhavani were as imp as duluer n nm] were holding it.

Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rustom- Good movie. One time watch. Akshay Kumar 👍🏼. Even supporting cast is good. Esha was a bit annoying.
Bad Moms
Funnier than expected. It is raunchy and edgy but packs in a lot of heart. A heartfelt transparent look at what it is like to be a mom in today's world.

My favorite part was JJ Watt as Middle School Soccer coach.
222149 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Bad Moms

Funnier than expected. It is raunchy and edgy but packs in a lot of heart. A heartfelt transparent look at what it is like to be a mom in today's world.

My favorite part was JJ Watt as Middle School Soccer coach.

Everytime he was on screen some ladies were going crazy screaming 😆
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb: I always had good things about the movie but never could watch it properly apart from the first ten minutes. Than I saw it as I was bored, and I know understand why people love it. The movie is able to catch almost all the elements and essence of cold war, the ultra-nationalism, The Red Scare, the paronia towards the Ruskies(😆), the general distrust, the total disregard towards the lives of soldiers, the jingoism and the fear for Doomsday.
The movie does well not to fell into the farcical area, and the portrayal of many different forms of ideology and paranoid via outstanding characters is to the point.

Peter Sellers is a legend, seriously not for one bloody second I could say The President, Dr Strange Love or The Exchange Officer were the same person, yup I knew before hand but you can understand what I am trying to say.

George C. Scott: I found his character hilarious, deliberately OTT, his acting was just brilliant, the way he was able to display balant stupidity of the general jingoism and Russophobia with an amazing characterization and comic timing. I was surprised to see him in this avatar, as I have seen him in this type of roles. In short he was the best role in the movie IMO.

The person who played the General Jack, was scary, the guy was pure insane with his theories. He played his role very convincingly.

Captain Kong was amazing portrayal of over- patriotic and unthoughtfulness.

The guy who played Ambassador really looked like a C, and played his part as hutiyapa personified.

Would recommend the movie to be watched.
The Little Prince
For generations 'The Little Prince' has been a beloved classic charming both adults and children alike. Netflix' version brings to life the well known tale and weaves it into the world of a little girl and her mother obsessed with academic success.

Filled with lessons on life, love and loss, this triumphant adaptation will enchant the whole family. Both the story lines old and new unfold wonderfully complementing each other. The animation is mesmerizing. The transition from CGI to stop motion is seamlessly done.

This film is a true gem both in terms of the heartwarming quality as well as the technical mastery of execution.