Baaghi - Tiger Shroff

entertaining one time watch
Edited by KhanSinghKumar - 8 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Fracture.
Loved it!

Excellent acting by Ryan Gosling...his body language was just brilliant. And, ofcourse Anthony Hopkins ❤️ ..loved the story, the suspense, and just everything! :-)

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This week we're hearing so much about Dil chahta hai,15 yr anniversary and all...

What a pretentious movie!!!

It was okay not bad just one of those movies that takes itself way too seriously and very overrated just 'cz it's a little different (only the first half, even that they didn't have the guts and conveniently killed the older women and got her out of the way in the May-December romance, second half typical BW cliche of how the boy gets the girl)

Another overrated dud starring the same pretentious perfectionist is Rang De Basanti - Couldn't watch it for more than 30 min and it's a 3 hr movie...

Tried to read the plot which itself was an onerous task, it was a load of crock! I cannot believe people fell for that!!!
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posting my review from the RUSTOM thread:

So RUSTOM isn't a bad movie. But the problem is that it's not a great one either. I was expecting more from the movie but it turned out to be a one-time timepass movie and could have been a really interesting take on the controversial Nanavati case. Frankly, like Masand mentions, Rustom is really an opportunity wasted.

The first half takes WAY too long to set up the story, and the back story of how Arjan Bajwa and Ileana D'Cruz started their affair was mostly ineffective. The first half is bearable more because of the music, especially Tay Hai and Tere Sang Yaara. The second half is comparatively better than the first half, once the extra subplot is introduced (involving the navy and government), and once one realises the courtroom drama isn't to be taken seriously (explained later). The extra sub-plot is interesting but the execution could have been better. It ties the case together at the end so I walked away feeling a little satisfied with the second half.

As far as performances go, Akshay carries the movie completely on his shoulders, and does a great job as the serious Commander. Pawan Malhotra as the inspector is good. Arjan has a small role but was ok, role was definitely a pretty cheesy villain. The girls were not great, Ileana was either crying or looking glam/pretty while Esha kept on pouting and making faces / shrugging 😳. The maid and newspaper owner were adequate as well.

Rustom's main problem is the super melodramatic tone of the movie. I saw glimpses in the trailer and was hoping it would be better than what was shown, but it just started making everything unintentionally hilarious - from the super-cheesy background score to the music they played whenever Arjan Bajwa leered at Ileana, to the courtroom scenes in which:
- the judge looks like he is trying to control his laughter and is super sassy😕
- the prosecutor is super passive-aggressive and shrill
- the judge himself reads the headline of the newspaper and tells the jury to ignore what they read in the paper
-the way Rustom was representing himself and making mistakes and the judge letting it go was amusing at first, but just becomes annoying later.
Edited by lovemango - 8 years ago
Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Fan
Average movie. Some scenes are pretty boring.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Fan-
Gaurav is so irritating , couldnt watch it more than 10 mins
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The Big Short

starting with one word: Brilliant.

See I don't understand the background of banking system or the collapse the movie was talking about, so I don't know how authentic or true it was, still from what was presented, damn the situation was so much focked up(I hope mods don't increase my WL for using the word "focked"). The fact that whole banking system was screwing the economy for short term gain was ridiculous. This movie had me learn so many new words and things lol.

The movie was really interesting and gripped me from the start till the end. There was a simple biopic type of story told with a very unique, documentary style.

The different kinds of emotions shown by the actors, every actor played it brilliantly.

9/10 for me.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Roman Holiday

Heard about this movie being a classic rom-com and it was truly wonderful to watch. Audrey was a beauty as a princess and her innocent face just made her character so amazing and Gregory was a cherry on the cake. Love his husky voice and attitude with which he spoke and carried himself throughout the movie. There were so many comic dialogues and it was a such a good movie to watch with just the end being not the way I wanted it to be :(
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Rustom
Move over OJ Simpson, the greatest trial that shaped society was in India not USA.

Rustom is one of the best courtroom dramas I have seen in Indian cinema. Barring certain unnecessary attempts to infuse comic relief and some problematic portrayals, the courtroom scenes are done with finesse.

The murder takes place within the first 15 minutes or so of the movie. The real movie is in the court case and all the twists and turns that go with it. I loved the way they bring 1959 Bombay to life. The fashion, the cars, the social strata, every detail is paid attention to and well executed. The makers also do a phenomenal job in framing the sociocultural impact of the case - the community warfare between Sindhis and Parsis, the impact of tabloid journalism, the frenzy of lay civilians following a trial.

Definitely a triumph for Indian Cinema.
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pituitaryjiggle

Why do you say this trial shaped the society?..aisa kya tha trial me?

The jury system in India was abolished after this case, primarily because it was obvious that JM Nanavati (who's case Rustom is based on) did kill his wife's lover (Prem Ahuja)... But because the jury was heavily influenced by Nanavati's position as a Navy officer who defends India and the tabloid newspaper that Nanavati was a patriot and defended his wife's honour, ruled majority not guilty, the judge decided to overrule the jury and sentence Nanavati to prison anyway. It's a landmark case in India because of how the jury system was removed after this case.