Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Tevar
It took BW literally 11-12 yrs to ruin a good movie with good story line.

BW took lots of time to actually give some storyline to Radhika and her brother, while it was not so much in Telugu. In Telugu, the story just takes off and here it took more than 40mins to hit that mark. The songs some of them are so damn misplaced.

Tevar managed to ruin and murder the humor of Okkadu and also ruined the ckts of Ajay (Mahesh's) Mother, Father and Sisters ckts. The intro of Okkadu is amazing, here I clinched actually. I am fan of Okkadu movie, still watch it when I am really bored and kind of irritated so gave this a try. What hilarious about the movie was instead of following the makers own style of Tevar, they mashed most of the movie into the second half. Had they had more of Okkadu first half too, like the proper kabbadi without much drama and all, and the humor in the family, it would have been a treat to watch

The things I liked in Tevar was Radhika HAD to collect her passport (ignore the duration of how it happened) while in Okkadu she left home with just money and nothing else. Like the fights and HIghway escape scene is my fav along with making mockery of Mano ( he needed more rowdyness than wats presented)

I kind of like Arjun Kapoor and Sona is tho my Fav, they kind of have a decent chemistry.

3/5(Caz I liked the paring)
Edited by LimitLessFan - 8 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
X men apocalypse -
Worst superhero movie this yr. 5/10
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

X men apocalypse -

Worst superhero movie this yr. 5/10

Worse than Batman vs. Superman?
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Worse than Batman vs. Superman?

batman v superman at least gave us the best live action version of batman and some hope with wonder woman . Apocalypse showed middle finger to the comics
the_notebook thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
R..Rajkumar

W*F! 🤣
Regressive as hell
Tacky at times
Funny at times
Though I thoroughly enjoyed the parts between Sonakshi-Shahid. They had a lot of chemistry <3

Sari ke fall sa is a gem! ❤️
Edited by -cuteee.tigress - 8 years ago
xUnique thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi guys!

I watched Neerja and here's what I have to say about it:

https://kountlessmemories.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/neerja-the-story-of-a-brave-girl/

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Stumbled upon an old gem of 1987 starring an young Megan Follows. It's a telefilm called Sin of Innocence.
A really nice, thought provoking movie.

A widower man with his teen age son Tim marries a divorcy woman Vicky, who also has a teen age daughter Jenny and an younger son. Jenny And Tim don't hit it off initially but gradually they warm up to each other. As days pass by, they fall in love hopelessly. One morning the mother finds them together in bed and all hell breaks loose since they're supposed to be brother and sister. After a lot of fighting and crying and understanding, Tim and Jenny decide to move on and see other people to save their parents' marriage even though they know it would be so hard for them to let each other go. Tim moves out.
It's a very beautiful movie and I really liked it. Liked how the complicated human relationship was dealt with. Loved how that one night actually matured Tim and Jenny! <3
Edited by Lilac_N_Maple - 8 years ago
664269 thumbnail
Praktan ( Bengali film )
This had been always in my watch list since it was announced, because of Prashenjit and Rituparna's pairing returning after 14 years. And i will admit, that these two still have the chemistry and magic in them, definitely their chemistry and sheer screen presence lights up the screen and is the USP of the film.

Plot- Sudipa ( Ritu) meets a passenger in her way from bombay to calcutta, and soon realizes that the passenger Mouli is none but her ex Husband Ujaan's ( Prashenjit) current wife. The entire train journey reveals about Sudipa and Ujaan's past married life, and how they confront each other when Ujaan finally joins the in the train journey and encounters Sudipa as a shocking addition in her daughter and wife's cabin. Sudipa and Ujaan clarifies their past differences, even though they know that they still love each other.

The plot was not something remarkable, but execution and performances from the leads does not disappoint. Also the way both the current situation is connected with the past through flashbacks, kept me hooked. The beauty of the plot was that even though the entire premise of the story was about the victory of womanhood and feminism over male ego, it does not make Ujaan's character come upon as a douche, the story allows him to have a second chance, just before the climax when he asks for forgiveness from Sudipa and lets her know that how he is a changed and a happy man now, silently makes Sudipa realize that may be she was not made for him, the plot indeed clarifies that love and marriage can only succeed between two equals, equal in status, education and in perception too. Ujaan though was not blindly chauvinist but he had all the traits that could crown him to be a man with a bloated ego.

Performances - Both Prashenjit an Rituparna were brilliant, it is always a pleasure to see them as a pair onscreen, from those mindless action and romantic films of 90s, they have come and did this. This surely was the best way to get them back together as both of them has grown and come a long way since their last stint together.

Music- All the songs were beautiful, be it the lyrics or the compositions, Anupam Roy has to outclass himself in his next, and i am sure he will do it,

PS- I would like to add up something, I am not saying that Bollywood should copy or follow the regional industries, but it can at least take some inspirations. For example, when an iconic couple makes a comeback, it should be something that makes the audience feel that they still have it in them, that they can are suiting their age, their standards. When i was watching Praktan, the whole time i was thinking that how badly Dilwale has ruined SRK-Kajol phenomena, i could not help but draw parallels. Just how Prashenjit-Ritu had more than romance and drama in them, they knew about it, waited for the right film to justify their hype and their mass popularity, in the same way not only SRK-Kajol but any other couple with a massive fan base should try to explore different concepts instead of repeating what they are doing since 20 years.
poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lilac_N_Maple

Stumbled upon an old gem of 1987 starring an young Megan Follows. It's a telefilm called Sin of Innocence.
A really nice, thought provoking movie.

A widower man with his teen age son Tim marries a divorcy woman Vicky, who also has a teen age daughter Jenny and an younger son. Jenny And Tim don't hit it off initially but gradually they warm up to each other. As days pass by, they fall in love hopelessly. One morning the mother finds them together in bed and all hell breaks loose since they're supposed to be brother and sister. After a lot of fighting and crying and understanding, Tim and Jenny decide to move on and see other people to save their parents' marriage even though they know it would be so hard for them to let each other go. Tim moves out.
It's a very beautiful movie and I really liked it. Liked how the complicated human relationship was dealt with. Loved how that one night actually matured Tim and Jenny! <3

But they are not related by blood. Was nt that kind of stuff considered ok in the usa or uk?

They are just step bro sis not related by blood...
the_notebook thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
She's the man
I thought I won't enjoy it, I saw it first when I was like 15 years old.. but it's actually SO fun! 😃 good time pass movie. Funny. Endearing. Love the climax!

The lead was such a good bubbly actress!
Channing Tatum is so hot...dayum. I can't even...☺️

4/5
Edited by -cuteee.tigress - 8 years ago