Teresa Palmer n Gabriel were fabulous!
Loved the sound effects too.
Scarier than conjuring 2
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
BABY
4/5.

Nice movie on a virtual agency, sometimes I wonder how Virtual the agency really is. Not talking just after watching this movie, seen enough HW action to have my own doubts.

Coming to movie, I loved the initial scene, where Ajay shoots member of his own agency (was it ruthless or so??no that was a clever and carefully placed scene). His private life is cute.

Some scenes I liked, where Ajay slaps the MOE assistant. Ok, the fight scene btw the lady agent and Wasim is freaking AWESOMEEE. I love strong women and esp fighting ones, but I won't mind accepting that I was a complete A** for my stereotypical thinking well god bless Indian and western cinema's for this, I was like oh god no plz don't die and was waiting for Ajay to reach but hell the lady did serious damage to WASIM. big CHEERS to her. Even Ajay was kind of stunned lol. Damn that was the best scene of the entire movie.

Oh, the way Ajay uses his own methods of getting info from people cool and ThumsUp to writers or so.

4/5

Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
captain america civil war!
Its an average movie.
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Jason Bourne
3.5/5

I love this series and I am an fan of Matt Damon. His is good in his role.

This movie tries to cover some dots and loopholes from previous plot.

I liked the movie, esp the ending, imagine half of the audience clapping on that? WOW,.

This movie had style, subtle, good suspense and a bit of twisted ending.

Wow, power and mind games in this movie are kind of good in previous series too

UglyDuckling. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Captain America Civil War..

Spiderman was fun..but the movie on the whole was boring.

2/5
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Dark Places
I always found Dark Places to be a better book than Gone Girl. The subject matter is just so much more hauntingly grim. So I found it surprising that it was not made into a movie sooner, and even more surprised that it failed.

When I saw the movie, I realized why. Gone Girl is full of delicious twists and turns, while Dark Places is more of a slow unfolding of a mystery. There is the case of the narrative to which jarringly switches between past and present. Catching that in a movie is difficult. As a result, you get a movie that is somewhat mediocre. Even Charlize Theron and Chloe Moretz cannot make it exciting. The characters end up underdeveloped and half baked.

Dark Places would have been much better as a Stranger Things kind of short series narrative.
srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Okay, I got requested by fellow member Maroon 5.0 a while back to review Sultan once I have seen the film. The thing is, I actually saw the film 3 weeks ago from today, but I didn't review it yet, I guess it was just my laziness 😆 Anyways, here's a short review:

Very good film. The emotions were strong. One of those movies where the songs grow on you as you watch the film. Bulleya was a nice surprise...I had heard the song briefly maybe once when the soundtrack came out, but I hardly remembered it but it was used in the film effectively and after seeing the film, I've really started to like the song. Jag Ghumeya is another really nice song. Sultan title track has become one of my regular songs to play while working out at the gym!

Salman was at his career-best at times in the film, acting-wise. He acted better than he usually does. Special mention to that mirror scene (after Randeep calls him a dead body)...Salman really shined in that mirror scene. "Dead body...gold medalist" the scene was powerful.

Anushka was outstanding in the film.

By the way, I also happen to be a big fan of wrestling, as I am a huge follower of WWE and have been for the last 13 years!

The film does get predictable and the second half could've had less fighting. The movie felt similar to Brothers (2015), a movie which I enjoyed more than others.

Overall, Sultan is a strong film. Salman's second very good film in a row on Eid after Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Incredible to see that as his superstardom scales new heights, his film choices are also getting better compared to recent years! I rate Sultan the film 7.5/10!

Props to director Ali Abbas Zaffar. I really enjoyed Gunday, an underrated gem of a film with a powerful climax. He now has another very good film to his credit with Sultan. Tough to choose though which film he was better as a director between the two films.

Another thing I was thinking: We all know Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar are good friends. I think they both got the idea to produce a film with wrestling/MMA. Karan produced Brothers, and Aditya produced Sultan. Bothers released first and failed at the box office. I feel that Aditya observed what may have went wrong with Brothers, perhaps the fact that there was too much focus on MMA/wrestling/fighting in the second half for the audience and Aditya felt he should change that for Sultan, making it more of a love story. That may also explain why Anushka was signed for the film as late as January, 5 months after Brothers released!

Edited by srkat - 8 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: srkat

Sultan. Tough to choose though which film he was better as a director between the two films.

Another thing I was thinking: We all know Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar are good friends. I think they both got the idea to produce a film with wrestling/MMA. Karan produced Brothers, and Aditya produced Sultan. Bothers released first and failed at the box office. I feel that Aditya observed what may have went wrong with Brothers, perhaps the fact that there was too much focus on MMA/wrestling/fighting in the second half for the audience and Aditya felt he should change that for Sultan, making it more of a love story. That may also explain why Anushka was signed for the film as late as January, 5 months after Brothers released!

Brothers was ruined by too much melodrama . Ali toned down the melodrama in Sultan
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hot Pursuit
A total time pass movie. It is silly and cheesy similar to the buddy cop genre. Has shades of Miss Congeniality 2 and The Heat. Nothing great. Just another one where you wish they were lesbians. 😆

Jason Bourne

Exactly what you expect of a Bourne movie. Fast paced narrative. High octane chase scenes. Unexpected twists and turns that have somewhat become expected. Classic espionage games. It is a cliche formula but works all the time.

222149 thumbnail
watched bad moms cause the other shows were full😆moms living in america will love it.It was a little bold for me cause I hadn't seen trailers or heard much about it but some parts were hilarious..