Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Kya Kool Hain Hum 3
W*F did I just watch. Thankfully I was doing laundry and cleaning house while watching. The first one in the series was actually funny. It went downhill after that. Bland jokes. Crappy acting. Nonsense plot. You're better of watching paint dry.

Stranger Things

This is not a movie, but a short series on Netflix. Spanning eight episodes Stranger Things follows the disappearance of a young boy in small town Indiana. The series is a heady mixture of eighties monster science fiction mashed up with Stephen King. Who would have thought kitschy eighties narratives would be so good. Literally everything about this series is perfect. Perfectly gripping suspense that will suck you right in from the star. Perfect doses of fear to give you goosebumps and make you afraid. Perfect pacing so you can sit back and absorb the characters, but never slacking and keeping you at the edge. Near perfect acting and character development. I started it and could not stopped. I binged watch the entire eight episodes in a day.

Aquarius (S1)

Aquarius is an underrated TV series. Yes, its not the greatest. It does not have that suck you in to binge quality. However, when you get into it, the journey is satisfying. The Charles Mason angle is definitely intriguing. The show weaves a dark web around the Manson family and his creepy charisma. What makes the show quality is the observation of law enforcement of the era. The racism, sexism and homophobia will make you squirm. The dirty politics will make you uncomfortable. Aquarius truly does not shy away from portraying law enforcement as grey or even dark characters. There are no perfect heroes here, just people who try not to do too many dark things.
the_notebook thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Scream
Don't understand the hype. It wasn't that good...
222149 thumbnail
you mean kishore kumar's half ticket..it's 10/10 from my side😳
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The Purge Election Year.
Oh, I love Purge series as it highlights, sick mind of some people with hidden anger, jealousy and many other emotions.

My friends and I never liked or understood Part 1, Part 2 was better and well handled in showing double mind faces of individuals and I had doubts on Part 3, The purge Election Year and I liked it honestly. It just shows different manner but it is on same line of sickness. Individuals just want to let out their emotions mainly in the form of violence and Purge captures it perfectly.

3.5/5
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Madaari
This was a very emotional movie which shows us the hard realities of corruption and how the rules work on very easily for the politicians. Irrfan is terrific as always and he can make us laugh and cry at the same moment. There are many funny dialogues in between the emotional scenes. Whoever watched it will surely feel the pain of this father because of Irrfan. It is not the usual corruption fighting movie, but a different one. Even then I wish the climax was slightly better.
The kids in the movie were cute as well as good actors.
Worth watching movie.
Hope it will make at least some of them realise how wrong they are when they involve with the politicians to gulp down public's money.

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Saw The Boy!

I kind of liked it. No I actually really liked it πŸ˜† No idea why the reviews are not so appreciative but it's a good one time watch for a horror- thriller. Kept me hooked the whole time.
People who love horror/thrillers can definitely give it a shot!
quirkygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lilac_N_Maple

Saw The Boy!

I kind of liked it. No I actually really liked it πŸ˜† No idea why the reviews are not so appreciative but it's a good one time watch for a horror- thriller. Kept me hooked the whole time.
People who love horror/thrillers can definitely give it a shot!

I watched it too.Thrill was there with jumpscares and all that.But ending has disappointed me a bit.
A one time watch for sure.

quirkygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I watched Triangle.Highly confusing, but extremely thrilling.
Its based on time loops.Actors did terrific job.Nail biting and scary in most parts.But , overall it gave a great watching experience .For those who love psychological thrillers, this one is a must watch.
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- There are some films that needs to be watched before you die.This is one of them! A priceless gem!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ghostbusters (2016)
I just saw the all female remake of Ghostbusters, and felt compelled to write this review before I went to bed.

There is a lot of harsh criticism going around against the movie. After watching the movie, I am convinced that it is a whole load of sexist bullshit. People are just uncomfortable with women playing iconic roles. Don't take my word for it. There is data behind it as well.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ghostbusters-is-a-perfect-example-of-how-internet-ratings-are-broken/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-sabotaging-the-online-reviews-of-tv-shows-aimed-at-women/

Is the movie great? Not at all. As a whole package it is a mediocre movie. To be honest, the original Ghostbusters was a mediocre film too. It sounds like sacrilege to call classics mediocre, but thats the truth. What made Ghostbusters a classic was not greatness, but warmth, charm and endearing characters. The remake does have it. Not as much as the original. But it holds its own.

I am usually hesitant of Melissa McCarthy because I often do find her over the top humor distasteful. She is quite restrained in this one and does not play her usual caricature. Leslie Jones is a hoot. Kristen Wiig was the only one I felt who didn't really shine as much as she could like in Bridesmaids. The star of the show though is Kate McKinnon. Boy, I think everyone who watches the movie will develop a super major crush on her as Holtzman.

Get mesmerized by THIS

Chris Hemsworth as Kevin is delicious eye candy and he plays your stereotypical flowerpot. Its fun.

Overall the movie runs at a decent pace and entertains. It is not outrageously funny, but has several humorous moments. There are many bits of meta humor and one liners thrown in that maybe to cerebral for some audiences, but catch them and the movie is even more delightful. The cameos are fun.

Does it deserve 5.4 on IMDB? Nah. This is for sure a solid 7.25 in my books. I'm looking forward to the sequel. You bet there will be one.