Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meera_Ka_Mohan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

5) The Sorry...I read many ppl say, "Why couldn't Aryan just say a sorry?"...would that really have solved everything? Was Aryan really so wrong in taking a stand against something that was morally wrong? Is it better to indulge your child's whims and fancies for the sake of maintaining some peace in the moment but not making them realize that they committed a crime? Gaurav kidnapped and harassed someone simply for the make of making a silly apology video...this had to be addressed.

Aryan just happening to be a celebrity doesn't make him obligated to Gaurav's whims and fancies...let's consider if this was a situation b/w two common men...and one of them beat up someone like Gaurav did...would he be hailed and apologized to for that or would he be thrown in jail? It's strange how the rules change when a celebrity is involved...they are dehumanized to that level as part of building up the fantasy that fuels their careers.

No words to express.👏👏👏
rakeshhocrox thumbnail
I recently watch movie sultan with my friends
rajeshraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Watched sultan and great grand masti.sultan is an above average movie first half is superb and second half is an average one.GGM is not at all impressive one it lacks comedy Its similar to GM.urvashis acting as a ghost is very boring one
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Azhar
What I don't appreciate about Balaji productions is how caricaturish all the actors become when they embody a character.

I get that each character has a nuance or a quirk, but that doesn't have to be what they're like 24*7 :S The same problem arose in The Dirty Picture.

Another problem is that the story goes from point A to point B in absolutely no time- the love track between Azhar and Sangeeta was so crazily quick and instantaneous, it made no sense.

Saving grace was Prachi's performance in her confrontation to Azhar, Emraan's overall performance was quite fine as well, but unsupported by the storyline.

I guess one thing I appreciate about movies like this is that it teaches us a thing or to about public figures we didn't know much about- however, Balaji needs to up their finnesse and stop providing half-baked projects as final copies of films.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Revisited [B]Taxi Driver[/B]

Ah, every time I watch it, it gets better. This movie is worth all the hype.
Now this is film making, simple, no-nonsense and fantasy yet realistic approach.
I really liked how the movie makes us visit and understand the psyche and life of Travis. He was not exactly an individual but symbol of the consciousness of the old time America, trying to save the urban jungle capitalism from its own doom.
Screensplay, direction, dailouges and acting are all top notch.
BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sultan
I felt it was underwhelming.Honestly nothing much to say about the story I found it rather predictable and like most of Salman's films story revolves around him.
Salman has given a good performance.Director has done a smart job in character sketching of Sultan ,this kind of role suits him a lot.He did a fine job.Supporting cast was amazing.Anu did a good job and she is a good actress ,has better acting skills than Salman but this film is belongs to Salman totally and he stood out the most,her impact was not strong as his.
I do not agree with people saying Salman's best film, best is still Bajarangi Bhaijaan.BB is a gem and has a great repeat value whereas Sultan does not have that repeat value and connect and a good story which BB had.
Sultan is one time watch with a formulaic story,Salman &good music.
3/5

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Action Hero Biju(Malayalam)*Spoilers May be*
Cop stories generally focus on a problem and a negative guy who is to be taken care of by the lead with a female lead whose life is threatened by the aforementioned bad guy.I started watching this one with same preconceived notion.In title it is mentioned as a ride with police officer and the movie stays true to the words.It is just a compilation of day to day events of an upright police officer who is about get married.Just because he is police officer he doesn't need to be a super hero and they always don't have to deal with cold blooded murderers.Petty politicians,EMAs,drug peddlers,public nuisance cases is that all he deals with.But there is no single dull moment.Nivin is earnest in his portrayal of a cop and delightful in lighter moments.
One thing I didn't like about the movie was gay caricatures. I hope they stop because they are not fun.
Good movie.
Edited by NautankiSaali - 8 years ago
TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Just finished No Escape and unarguably it is Owen Wilson's best performance till date. Highly gripping movie that is super thrilling and fun to watch. This film tells the story of an expatriate family arriving in an Asian country the night a bloody coup occurs. They have to do everything they can to stay alive and get across the border. Nothing prepares me for the thrilling adventure that it provides. The film starts with a shocking assassination, then the story provides no place for me to catch my breath until almost an hour later, when the characters are on the second roof. Owen Wilson is a very convincing family man. This film proves that he can do more than comedic roles. He leads his shocked family from one place to another, encountering countless near death experiences. I think it keeps you on edge all the time, and in fact I had to keep my eyes closed for quite a few scary scenes! There is also a lot of emotional element. The characters are very human, like ordinary citizens who have no superpowers. They do everything they can to protect their family's lives. I think that is why the story is so engaging.
Edited by TheBoss - 8 years ago
Talcum thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sultan
First half bored me.There was zilch chemistry between Anu and Salman. Sultan's character didn't have much depth.He was shown completely aimless but after Arfa insulted him, he just practiced for 1 month and became the greatest wrestler and won all the tournaments! How is it even possible?
Second half was superb. Overall I would give 2.5*
rajeshraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Watched kabali 1st 20 minutes is good.scenes just before interval is awesome.2nd half is not a good one.its a family oriented movie,not for the fans usual punch dialogues that is expected from a rajni movie is missing.My review 6/10