Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
The Big Short
At over two hours, The Big Short is long for most Hollywood movies. However, this is a fantastic roller coaster ride that is educational, informative as well as highly infuriating.

The film follows Dr. Michael Burry who discovers the housing market bubble. That is why he creates credit default swaps against mortgage backed securities. Basically, betting against the housing economy. There are other investors and bankers who understand Burry's findings and hedge against the market in their own way.

The movie is a crash course in economics and the crash of 2008. Ryan Gosling plays Jared Vennet an opportunistic trader and narrator. He unfolds the tale in an entertaining humorous style that breaks down complex finance and economic to lay person terms. There are wonderful cameos by celebrities like Margot Robbie, Anthony Bourdain, Selena Gomez and Richard Thaler who each explain a finance concepts. Christian Bale is perfect as the eccentric and awkward Burry. Steve Carrel gives a fine performance as Mark Baum the banker with anger management issues. Brad Pitt has a small role as a securities trader who helps two upstart fund managers.

A definite must see movie. A movie on finance has never been so enjoyable and educational. This is better than Wall Street or Wolf of Wall Street.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Minions
Cute. Funny. Sometimes silly. Not as good as Despicable Me, but still entertaining. I think the excess of Minions was a bit too much for me.
fitoori_kudi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Conjuring 2: 2.5/5
though i feel conjuring 1 was better😆

Civil war: pakao movie 3/5
fight sequence b/w Team Cap & Team IronMan was the only best part of the whole movie ⭐️
707793 thumbnail
Sultan
Boiler Room

10 Cloverfield Lane

all three good movie 😉

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hawaa Hawaai : A member here once mentioned this movie in a thread and I luckily found it on hotstar today... I'm so happy that I watched this gem. There wasn't a single scene in this film which didn't touch me. Every scene from beginning to end was so inspiring and heart-warming. The child artists were beyond brilliant. The dialogues were simple but extremely impactful. There's a dialogue where the coach says that earlier he was thinking...he was the one changing the lives of these boys but in reality these people brought about a huge change in his life instead. Itne chote chote bacche aur ye bade dil, I hit a jackpot. Its simplicity and the context in which it was said almost made me teary eyed. I loved the bond all the kids shared with each other. Even the little kid from a rich household who is shown to be so supportive of Arjun..he never interacts with him in the film yet the connect is so beautifully portrayed. If I am to list the scenes which I loved, I'll probably be narrating the entire film. Enjoyed it so much. The music was fabulous..perfectly captures the essence of the film. Saqib was so good, btw. 😳 Honestly, this movie just made my day. This review doesn't do enough justice. But I'd strongly recommend this movie to everybody out there.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: dahee

Turn her character into a gaon wali or just a pahalwan's daughter it won't make any difference to the story. I think Ali made the character into a wrestler to fool A-list heroines into believing this is not just a flowerpot's role. Sadly, it is.
😆Here is the moist eyed critic...

Anupama Chopra @anupamachopra
When ended, I had moist eyes and a big grin. My review : http://bit.ly/29hqWnP

oh damn😆😆
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Neerja

Some movies are beyond reviews and are simply meant to be experienced and felt.

4/5

Edited by turqoisedress - 8 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sultan:
Went with low expectations after reading reviews and articles about Anushka's character but thankfully it wasn't that bad.

Movie is enjoyable but predictable. As I'd said earlier too, there is not much novelty- story of a sportsperson who makes a terrific comeback battling nearly everything. But the presentation is kinda good so u get the price of your ticket. The novelty of the story comes through Anushka's strong character who is unfortunately sidelined due to the twists of the story.

Background music is good but after a while the same two lines being used as background music and played a hundred times kinda tire you out.

Salman acted really well and looked the part too. Anushka's Haryanvi and her tough girl act was fantastic. (As a couple though, both of them looked really weird together.) She looked really pretty too. Amit Sadh, Salman's friend Govind, and guys who played Aarfa and Aakash's dad were good too. Randeep Hooda ROCKED even in his small role. Special props to the pressure cooker guy!

Songs felt like a drag. Baby ko bass pasand hai and Sultan title song were the only ones I enjoyed and which seemed to go with the story. Others felt like interruptions at a time when I wanted the story to move ahead quickly.

Some of the inspirational dialogues were used well in the story, that was one of the best things about the movie along with the action.

Overall, good movie. 3.5/5 for the film as a whole but 4/5 for the acting and 4/5 for the action.
Edited by nikitagmc - 8 years ago
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Watched Tangled recently. Probably the best animated classic I have seen in recent time. The story is based on Rapunzel though there's not much similarity. Very very well done by Disney to make the fairytale alive. Loved the voice over, songs everything about it
Its a must watch for all who loves animated film and lives in fantasy⭐️👏

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hermione82

Watched Tangled recently. Probably the best animated classic I have seen in recent time. The story is based on Rapunzel though there's not much similarity. Very very well done by Disney to make the fairytale alive. Loved the voice over, songs everything about it

Its a must watch for all who loves animated film and lives in fantasy⭐️👏

it's one of my favourite films.Such a well done fairytale which was really modern at heart too.The passive abuse by mother gothel was brilliantly potrayed,and the way flynn and rapunzel fell in love gradually and affected each other's personality was realistic and adorable😳 songs are gem too,be it mother knows best or i see the light.The total non princess like hairdo of rapunzel at the end is really cool👍🏼and flynn
Edited by Pemberleydreams - 8 years ago