Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: dahee

Sultan

Typical Sallu movie. Don't fall for critics' vadde vadde baatein.. woh kya my eyes got moist and blah blah.
Good thing about the move background music and its pace. No dragging of scenes.
Now I know why Kangu and Deepu didn't do this movie.

so critics lie when it comes to bhai
so why dint they lie at the time of PRDP or kick

maybe they liked the film
even WOM seems positive
maybe not as BB or pk
but still good
998331 thumbnail
Chill πŸ˜† I didn't even write the worst. Here you go... Though it was better than some of the craps Bhai does the movie got less seeti-taali from audience than Bhai's usual crappy movies get.
Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Chill πŸ˜† I didn't even write the worst. Here you go... Though it was better than some of the craps Bhai does the movie got less seeti-taali from audience than Bhai's usual crappy movies get.

πŸ˜† myself hate bhai movies
but i am happy for him fans on this forum
hate twitter wale fans πŸ˜†
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sultan

Typical Sallu movie. Don't fall for critics' vadde vadde baatein.. woh kya my eyes got moist and blah blah.
Good thing about the move background music and its pace. No dragging of scenes.
Now I know why Kangu and Deepu didn't do this movie.

Totally agreed. The one thing I enjoyed though was that Salman was actually convincing. I didn't read the critics reviews otherwise would have enjoyed a good laugh at 'eyes got moist' πŸ˜†.

Felt the first half dragged a bit with the whole kati patang sequence and too many songs killed the pacing.. but yea, after he comes back from Turkey till the end was good, didn't drag there.

I said the same about Kangana and Deepika in my review, makes sense why they rejected it - Anushka was good but yeah, there was really no role for her beyond the 1st half. She really just supports Salman through the movie, its a Salman show through-and-through.

Edited by lovemango - 8 years ago
998331 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovemango

Totally agreed. The one thing I enjoyed though was that Salman was actually convincing. I didn't read the critics reviews otherwise would have enjoyed a good laugh at 'eyes got moist' πŸ˜†.

Felt the first half dragged a bit with the whole kati patang sequence and too many songs killed the pacing.. but yea, after he comes back from Turkey till the end was good, didn't drag there.

I said the same about Kangana and Deepika in my review, makes sense why they rejected it - Anushka was good but yeah, there was really no role for her beyond the 1st half. She really just supports Salman through the movie, its a Salman show through-and-through.

Turn her character into a gaon wali or just a pahalwan's daughter it won't make any difference to the story. I think Ali made the character into a wrestler to fool A-list heroines into believing this is not just a flowerpot's role. Sadly, it is.
πŸ˜†Here is the moist eyed critic...

Anupama Chopra @anupamachopra
When ended, I had moist eyes and a big grin. My review : http://bit.ly/29hqWnP
870349 thumbnail
I know im some months late but I've just seen Kapoor & Sons . I found it fantastic . The style of shooting was very different . Like maybe single camera instead of studio IDK πŸ˜†πŸ˜† . Loved the story . It did kinda remind me of my family . Me and my brother are in our 20s and we still fight like Rahul and Arjun . It wasn't to short or long . Just the right length πŸ‘πŸΌ . I loved the whole cast but I would have special mention for Fawad I really liked him . Even my dad mentioned the way he smokes cigarettes is natural compared to Sid . Maybe he smokes in real life πŸ˜†πŸ˜† . My fav part was when they tried to get the first family photo done and all the truth bombs came just at once . Fawad is gay , dad is having affair , Alia kissed Fawad . I just love that drama πŸ˜†πŸ˜† . It is my fav movie of the year . Mind you I've only seen 2 all year . This and Airlift . An soon when I see Sultan im sure it'll eclipse this lol . But in all seriousness this was a great movie . Much better than Ek Main aur Ek Tu . I would say go see it but its already out of cinemas 🀣
870349 thumbnail
I have just seen Sultan. Sports films are not something I am a big fan of but I always like that underdog story. This film took the old cliche and made it entertaining. Ill admit at the end even I was crying especially when we think the worst then he opens his one eye again 😭😭😭. But Ill start from the beginning . Salman was AWESOME . I personally think a good performance is one where I like the character. Early on it was a bit same old good hearted kinda clownish muscle guy. But when it comes time to learn his aukat Sultan just changes and I dont see Salman anymore . I see this determined guy. I would say this is maybe top 5 Salman performances along with Dabangg 1 , TN , BB , MPK. Hes just getting better and better . Anushka is good also . That accent is hard to keep for 2 + hours and the fact she does without sounding annoying is great . Salmans friend is good . Randeep is all heart . I loved him . Amit Sadh also shines as some trying to prove himself . Songs are a plenty but IMHO they really fit into the narrative so they dont seem excessive. Now for my highlights . The training scenes, the mirror scene , when Anushka visits him in the hospital , shit guy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†, and of course the climax. Like every film this film has issues. Sultan kinda became arrogant out of nowhere and the conflict that broke up him and Aarfa was contrived IMHO . That tragedy that struck them was just bad luck and for her to blame him was kinda irrational . This director also seems to have made his best film . Far better than Gunday and MBKD . Hope Salman works with him again if he keeps making films like this . I dont know about BO or awards but this film is one of Salmans best. An if you are a Salman fan than see it . Even if your not you should see it. It'll teach you to never give up

A 9/10 on my Maroon scale ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
So here's my review
The story is predictable but u can see that it was written completely with Salman in mind. Salman was BORN to play Sultan . Ali Abbas Zafar totally blew my mind -Is he the same guy who directed Gunday ? 😲 The movie could have been crap but his direction was awesome and he used Salman perfectly like Kabir Khan last yr . 2 hrs 50 min felt like nothing Every supporting cast was perfect from Randeep to the guy who played Govind . Anushka is the probably best Salman heroine since Aish in HDDCS . The whole movie was basically Sultan's fight for her . One of her best performances . Now coming to the main man - Salman pushed himself to his limits whether its his body,acting . The mirror scene when he broke down or the 2nd hospital scene , I have NEVER seen this Salman khan .

Bajrangi will be remembered for its story
Sultan will be remembered for Salman's performance

4/5
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sultan.
The only best thing about this movie was SALMAN. He TOTALLY NAILED as SULTAN along with Anuskha Sharma.

My only complaint was the movie was such a drag, and the movie was totally predictable.

I loved Randeep, he totally speaks like a practical person though he is sensitive.

I loved the second part, especially the training part and so on, anything other than the drag was a feast for me to watch.

I loved Salman being so honest in his role actually, I was waiting for him to be shirtless LOL.

2.5/5 is the best I could give.

Though I loved three lines in the movie.

1. No one can defeat you unless u feel defeated

2. Make time to be kind ( it is on the background in the final party song)

3. damn it forgot the final one
sabitra thumbnail
The Human Centipede (first sequence)