Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

664269 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
mission impossible- Rogue nation.
A film with great repeat value. every sequence, every character has an inevitable charm, and this time Ethan and team were more believable and at their best.

Story-

Ethan is accused of being lying about the syndicate and then he is kidnapped by Solomon Lane ( terrorist ) where he meets Ilsa ( Rebbeca ) and there is an instant spark between them, where she helps him to elope and then Ethan's friends stake their job and come for his help to decode what the syndicate is and prove Ethan's integrity .

The pluses-

Tom breath taking Cruise. OMG this man is at 53, and the way he does his stunts, terrific. he looks good, infact has aged so gracefully, and his performance is so believable. there is a reason why he is considered to be the greatest since 32 years now, and once anybody watches the film, he/she realizes it.
Every woman in the theater, clapped and hooted and screamed at his entry sequence, and somebody from the back even screamed that she wants to bite his lips.😆

Rebbeca - undoubtedly the best MI girl.. she is the best match for Ethan hunt, and wohoo what a classy pair these two made onscreen. Ilsa does not confess about her love for Ethan and still it makes you crave that Ethan should just go and smooch her .
She was perfect from every aspect, commendable action scenes, beautiful chemistry with Cruise and the way her character remains mysterious till she gets the clear cut in the climax.

Simon Pegg- he was a treat. fabulous comic timing, great bromance between him and Ethan. there are moments that are serious and suddenly one liners from benji pop up and the whole theater bursts into laughing. he is foolish, and he still is the biggest support system of Ethan .

The dialogue-

Ilsa- i have 3 options for you

Ethan- whats option 3 ?

Ilsa- come with me Ethan and forget about Lane. there always will be people like Lane, there will be people like us. if we are together, we can beat anybody.

The action sequences- Almost all of them. there has to be something so old school and classic about the way Tom Cruise carries off his action sequences, it gives you nostalgia that as a kid you had watched your first mission impossible. be it the Airbus chasing sequence, the opera house fight, the morocco bike chase, every sequence extracted loud claps and whistles from audience.

Minuses-

Absolutely nothing . its a totally paisa vasool film, with great repeat value, and certainly a mega treat for Cruise fans. whoever were disappointed with Oblivion or edge of tomorrow, must go and see how the King conquers it.

Cant wait for MI6 ... i hope Rebecca stays for part 6 too...
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SunHarsh4eva

mission impossible- Rogue nation.

A film with great repeat value. every sequence, every character has an inevitable charm, and this time Ethan and team were more believable and at their best.

Story-

Ethan is accused of being lying about the syndicate and then he is kidnapped by Solomon Lane ( terrorist ) where he meets Ilsa ( Rebbeca ) and there is an instant spark between them, where she helps him to elope and then Ethan's friends stake their job and come for his help to decode what the syndicate is and prove Ethan's integrity .

The pluses-

Tom breath taking Cruise. OMG this man is at 53, and the way he does his stunts, terrific. he looks good, infact has aged so gracefully, and his performance is so believable. there is a reason why he is considered to be the greatest since 32 years now, and once anybody watches the film, he/she realizes it.
Every woman in the theater, clapped and hooted and screamed at his entry sequence, and somebody from the back even screamed that she wants to bite his lips.😆

Rebbeca - undoubtedly the best MI girl.. she is the best match for Ethan hunt, and wohoo what a classy pair these two made onscreen. Ilsa does not confess about her love for Ethan and still it makes you crave that Ethan should just go and smooch her .
She was perfect from every aspect, commendable action scenes, beautiful chemistry with Cruise and the way her character remains mysterious till she gets the clear cut in the climax.

Simon Pegg- he was a treat. fabulous comic timing, great bromance between him and Ethan. there are moments that are serious and suddenly one liners from benji pop up and the whole theater bursts into laughing. he is foolish, and he still is the biggest support system of Ethan .

The dialogue-

Ilsa- i have 3 options for you

Ethan- whats option 3 ?

Ilsa- come with me Ethan and forget about Lane. there always will be people like Lane, there will be people like us. if we are together, we can beat anybody.

The action sequences- Almost all of them. there has to be something so old school and classic about the way Tom Cruise carries off his action sequences, it gives you nostalgia that as a kid you had watched your first mission impossible. be it the Airbus chasing sequence, the opera house fight, the morocco bike chase, every sequence extracted loud claps and whistles from audience.

Minuses-

Absolutely nothing . its a totally paisa vasool film, with great repeat value, and certainly a mega treat for Cruise fans. whoever were disappointed with Oblivion or edge of tomorrow, must go and see how the King conquers it.

Cant wait for MI6 ... i hope Rebecca stays for part 6 too...

👏
Tom Cruise rocks. 🥳
I too hope their retain Rebecca Ferguson for next part also. But I hear that lead actress in MI:GP Paula Paton is also considered for returning for another MI movie.
664269 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --SH7_Sunny--

👏
Tom Cruise rocks. 🥳
I too hope their retain Rebecca Ferguson for next part also. But I hear that lead actress in MI:GP Paula Paton is also considered for returning for another MI movie.

I do not mind both Rebecca and Paula 😆.. why not bring back Thandie ( MI-2 ) and Mitchelle ( MI-3 ) also ?😆

but sunny bhai, Cruise and Rebecca did not even share a kiss, whereas there was a kiss in every MI film. so better Rebbeca gets back in part 6..😡

And yes Tom Cruise . there is hardly any film of his i disliked . But with MI-5 , the hidden fangirl heart exploded . the last time i ogled at him was in Knight and day 😳⭐️
SharabiPirate thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Badlapur
Too slow.. didn't like it..
2.5/5
998331 thumbnail

5 minutes of Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

That's how I watch any Kabir Khan movie.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: B-TEX

5 minutes of Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

That's how I watch any Kabir Khan movie.

So you watched only mashallah in ETT 😆
998331 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wAnNaBeReBel

So you watched only mashallah in ETT 😆

5 min 5 min kar ke I think, I've finished 20-25 minutes of the movie in 3 years. 😆 Thanks to Sony.

His movies bore me.

Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Phantom 4/5
A must watch. Saif was great, he should do more films like that instead of shit like Humshakkals. Even Katrina was good.
664269 thumbnail
Vanilla sky ( 2001 ) - Tom cruise, Penelope Cruz and Cameroon diaz.
One of the most underrated performances of Tom cruise. this film is an example of the magnificent actor he actually is.

Story- David ( Cruise ) sleeps with his psychopathic stalker Julie ( Cameroon ) unknown to her crazy nature, unless he falls for Sofia ( penelope ) and then the revelation to Julie and her revenge upon him, and how his life turns upside down after meeting a car accident .
How he manages to deal with the consequences and portray his future life with sofia is what makes the story.

performances -

Tom cruise- Hands down . his performance makes you overlook the fact that he is Tom cruise, all you see onscreen is David. The struggle, the guilt, disastrous yearning for sofia, the complex about his disability . Cruise just owns the film, hardly you see him doing a tragic saga like this, and ohh boy he kills it .
I think the last time he made me so emotional in a film was Rain man, but here it is haunting . You know that David is flawed and still only pity for his condition.
He must have been nominated that year, hard luck that he missed the nominations.

Penelope- She is beautiful, this is infact the first film of hers which i have watched. and her character is what gives you hope that yes David might just get back to where he wanted to. There is one sequence where she opens his mask after the surgery and her performance was so awesome in that scene .

Penelope and Cruise has the best chemistry, infact i rewinded most of their scenes before the heart breaking climax appears.

Cameroon- She was brilliant here . she had less screen time, but she owned it in whatever she was given to enact. and her act is what makes you feel pity for David more and more.

best dialogue-😭

David ( Cruise ) - you are dead and i am frozen. I love you

Sofia ( penelope ) - You need to wake up now

David - I'll met you in the next life where we both are cats ..

rating- 4/5 - If you love romantic films, if you love tom cruise, then its a good watch. one thing is for sure, the film is more beautiful because of Tom and Penelope's chemistry , gorgeous and evergreen.
SaMaiRa. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani- I know I'm late to the game but I just watched this film recently for the first time. To be honest, I never got the hype of Ranbir and Deepika's chemistry because I remember watching Bachna Ae Haseeno back when it released and just disliking them This film however was very natural in terms of their chemistry. Story was cliche and basically the typical Dharma extravaganza but I still ended up loving the film. I'm not a Deepika fan. I find her very average but she made Naina her own. I can't imagine someone playing it better than she did. She really fit the bill. Even the supporting cast was good. Songs were obviously amazing. Loved Ranbir as Bunny. I feel that the Ranbir I've seen as Bunny or Sid or Barfi is totally different from what I've seen recently in Bombay Velvet and Roy. That spark that he had is missing in him. Overall, I loved the film. Typical rom-com yet quite refreshing.
4.5/5

P.S. Is ARK gorgeous or what???LOL.