Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Million Dollar Arm:

The strength of this movie is the solid casting, particularly the Indian actors...I loved seeing that actor from Saas Bina Sasural in there...subtle characters without caricaturization...even the character of that Amit guy as the baseball obsessed guy got his moments of genuine heart from time to time.

The American actors were all good too...Jon Hamm, the coaches...all on point...the movie seemed to capture the genuine sentiment of this underdog/feel good story really well.

A simple feel good sports movie done right. Worth a watch.

3/5
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
TVF Pitchers:
I expected another wannabe cool shit like YRF/Dharma stuff but pleasantly surprised. The series nicely speaks about the aspirations of the youth today without being preachy. The casting and dialouges were apt. The acting could have been better ofcourse. I think the only things I didnt like was the two speeches-one by Naveen another by Mandal. Too idealistic though I felt latter was better and justified under the circumstances.
1019702 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

TVF Pitchers:

I expected another wannabe cool shit like YRF/Dharma stuff but pleasantly surprised. The series nicely speaks about the aspirations of the youth today without being preachy. The casting and dialouges were apt. The acting could have been better ofcourse. I think the only things I didnt like was the two speeches-one by Naveen another by Mandal. Too idealistic though I felt latter was better and justified under the circumstances.

I found Finale Epi complete Disappointment...
Yes Naveen's Speech was Preachy...bt I liked the Tazo Eg that he gave, showed how good Seller He is.

But the series was Really Different , Something New and they did really good Justice to the whole Start-up's Process. Full Real Life Situations and Reactions.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RollingStones

I found Finale Epi complete Disappointment...
Yes Naveen's Speech was Preachy...bt I liked the Tazo Eg that he gave, showed how good Seller He is.

But the series was Really Different , Something New and they did really good Justice to the whole Start-up's Process. Full Real Life Situations and Reactions.

Yeah it was kinda disappointing towards the end. I wasnt expecting yet another speech where Mandal proves a point. But I felt maybe at that point Mandal's speech was required as everyone said the product was good but it was the question of what extra wow factor their team would bring to the project vs the other team with the same idea.
What I also liked was the series isnt judgemental over a woman wanting to have a career and choosing that over her relationship.
ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Million Dollar Arm:

The strength of this movie is the solid casting, particularly the Indian actors...I loved seeing that actor from Saas Bina Sasural in there...subtle characters without caricaturization...even the character of that Amit guy as the baseball obsessed guy got his moments of genuine heart from time to time.

The American actors were all good too...Jon Hamm, the coaches...all on point...the movie seemed to capture the genuine sentiment of this underdog/feel good story really well.

3/5

I loved this story.
Surprised to know that it is based on true story
One guy is still playing in baseball club
other guy returned to India
tremendous achievement for them
Edited by ChotaBheem - 8 years ago
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Drishyam
What a movie 👏
Outclass performances by rajat,ajay,shreya and tabu.
Loved the suspense.second half gives u chill.
This movie shows how 4 grade fail can be so smart and vigilant.the game he played with IG mind blowing.just to save his family.
4/5
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Phantom
I watched on tv premiere.
I had no expectations as it got mixed reviews but when I started watching oh man I started crying . [:<'(]
The movie is so good u feel pain which battle families going thru.what happens after the ear and to all innocent ppl ? Very well made. I really liked Kat performance after thsn newyotk. My only empathy was said. He could have done better.
Kabir khan this man 👏
Too bad that this movie got Ban coz of saif's,statements of he could have handled well in promotions the movie could have done well.
Zeeshan overshadowed saif 👏
LavaLips___ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
2/5

1st half was okay ...but too many songs..like 4 of them..Aaj unse milne ki was a good song though (3/5)

2nd half was actrotious,One BIG FAT BORE,Headache inducing to say the least ...No plot...no flow in the movie...sooo many songs...so f**ng boring (-1/5)

And yeah Sonam Kapoor is the worst actress ever !! I mean you will have to see it to believe it.Salman as prem is sometimes cute,sometimes over the top.As vijay he's good! 😊 though vijay's role is too short.The ranjhana chick was also bad ...Baaki sab were bad.

Sets were very good,costumes and everything was fabulous.But this has to be Salman's least entertaining movie in recent times.Definitely the worst Salman-Rajashri combo.

At the end,bhai ke fans were saying ki ticket ke paise waapas chahiye,so you can imagine how good the movie must be.
BeingBlunt thumbnail

Love Legion

---------------------------------------START----------------------------------------
Some Spoilers but i will try to say less.

The film had such a brilliant auspicious start with the visual of a ghath of ayodhya and the original Payo ji Maine Ram Ratan Dhan Paayo song in BG. 👏

This was such a brilliant touch to the movie. 😃

to Sooraj ji to for sticking to his guns and backing Sonam to the limit. I dont think anybody would have look so gorgeous as Princess Maithili like Sonam did. Hugely impressed. 👏 I was completely neutral and sometimes even thought Sonam will be bad for the movie but now i can see why sooraj ji chose Sonam. Sonam got a whole lot of loud cheers claps and whistle here. In my theatre the biggest cheer was for the Super Viral 'Matha phod' Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Title song dance.😆⭐️ But i will say that sonam needs to work on her crying. 😆😳

Sallu is undoubtedly the best one but i expected sallu/SB to deliver a clinic and they did. 😛😳😆 Can't say if this was his best because i haven't seen bajrangi yet but it was surely his one of the top performances. 👏 Sallu as prem is so so endearing to watch doing all the mischievous acts. You will laugh to your hearts content. 😆👏
Sallu cant act is a myth because HE DOES NOT WANT TO. 😃 When he wants he can do it wonderfully well without overacting. 😉👏 Towards the end film was a bit slow but sallu was best in that phase. Perfectly showing a vulnerable and emotional character and how should he reveal the truth.👏 Now i have made up my mind that i will judge a film or actor only after i see it and not on anybody review or opinion. 😃 Also its really tough to believe the mass hype and hysteria that sallu has, i can only think about top cricketers that have this kind of fan following. I cant handle heavy noise and get headache and that's what happened to me today 😆. Have to think again before going if i love sallu more or headache.😆 The hall was so so noisy and chatty i can't even explain. 🥳

Neil should do some more negative roles. He looks a perfect disgruntled grey shaded brother. Except for few scenes where Naagman looked the like the real naagman of Jaani Dudhman he was not that great.😕 Probably the only weak point for me. His death was so symbolic . 👏 I like these small details in any film or tv show i watch. 👏

And i absolutely loved Deepak Dobriyal. He was THE BEST and super hilarious. 🤣 This man is such a great actor i can't even explain. One of the best parts of the movies were his scenes. Every movie needs a supporting character like him. :adore: He also got a heroine for himself. 😛😆

Swara is a powerhouse actress.👏 You cant even compare her to others. She is brilliant. I was disappointed she didn't have some more scenes. I would love to watch her in a full fledged main role.

Rest all the Rajshri regulars were best in whatever role they were given. 👏

The ending scene was fantastic and like a typical fairytale family movie Barjatyas are famous for.
This is the kind of movie where "YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT TO EXPERIENCE HOW GOOD IT IS" 👏. Sometimes it feels so good to watch such family values and traditions maintained in a main stream movie on such a grand scale which you can watch with family without even squirming once and getting embarrassed. 👍🏼

-----------------------------SPOILERS ----------------------------
For all those who are saying this is boring melodramatic and sleep inducing. There is a taunt on them too. 😆😉 In the Vijay Intro scene he is discussing the preparations with the concerned people and one of them comes and after some dialogue he says "silly is not the word but dont you think all these lavish arrangements is a bit funny?" Vijay replies "So you think following our traditions and cultures are funny and silly?" I laughed a lot at this punch and whole hall was in seeti maar mode. 😆👏⭐️
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I have to mention this. 😆 When national anthem started almost everybody stood up but 3/4 didn't and they too stood up seeing others. 2 boys who were behind me tried to take footage and went to them started scolding. 😆 The guard came up too quickly for anything to happen.

---------------------------END-----------------------------------------
BeingBlunt thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Million Dollar Arm:

3/5

I loved this movie. 😃
This was a brilliant sports movie.