Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Rustom
First of all ,Illeana and Esha Looked gorgeous in the film. The styling was spot on. 

As far as the movie is concerned the direction sucked. The cuts and editing was not sharp enough.
Painfully slow movie. The movie needed better direction as the emotion was not converted and tapped into enough. Very Surface level in your face direction which lacked any kind of vision on the director's part. It looked like direct translation from the paper .I could actually imagine what was written in the papers that day for that particualr scene. 

Acting wise too it was strictly OK. Akshay in places made me chuckle with his trying too hard to remain poker face. Illeana was good. 

The dialogues sucked for the most part but the Judge's Dialogues were the best. 

Good Story ruined by bad direction and editing. 

2/5
saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I just watched Kahaani 2. 

Vidya Balan is amazing as always. 
But this isn't nearly as good as the first one. They should've kept the film as Durga Rani Singh instead of making this a sequel. It has nothing to do with the first one anyway. 
The ending is predictable. But props to the writers for bringing up a very important, sensitive topic like child abuse and handling it properly. 3/5

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
13th
Eye opening. Heart breaking. Soul shaking. 

I thought I understood systematic oppression but was shocked by how deep the rabbit hole goes. Every American should watch this. This should be mandatory education. 

It was surprising to see Newt Gingrich criticize laws like minimum sentencing and empathize with black civilians. The cuts of Angela Davis were poignant. 

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I had not followed any promotional stuff,songs etc went to theater last Sunday night and watched Dangal and I can say it is the most satisfying cinematic experience of last year for me! ⭐️What a film !I loved it ,for me it was better than Lagaan and Chak De (which are best sport films from India for me),one of the best India has produced👏
Direction and execution was perfect and it's so good to see such a well made film after sooo long!!!!!!!Acting was just top class each and every person was rightly cast.Thanks to casting director and whole Dangal team for giving us those gems in the form of Dangal girls,loved each and everyone!Sakshi,Fatima were top notch⭐️ and Zaira Wasim is fire ,such brilliance in her age⭐️ aisi acting toh aaj ki top hero/heroines se na ho paayegi!I'm her fan now! Sanya and Suhaani did a great job with given roles👏 and also Omkaar guy was too good(strange but he reminded me of Ayushman😆) and Amir ⭐️ somewhere we forget what a great actor he is, that scene during climax was just acting brilliance of Amir👏
Music is so good and sounds original(surprise from Pritam)Dhakkad and title song are my fav. Daler's voice and those lyrics  are a killer combo !!! ⭐️
I came to know that this is now highest grossing Indian film and I am so happy, it deserves that spot such a well made film!
I had watched it my Dad and he loved it so much that we are going again this Sunday 😃
This film must be watched by everybody and make sure you watch it with your Father !
5/5⭐️
BornWithASmirk thumbnail
ADHM
>Never trust Raja Sen's list blindly 

>A hit music album saves shitty films

>KJo can't handle sensitive issues🤢

>Lisa needs to act in more films

>Now Anu's act has become repetitive,she needs to approach roles differently

1/5(1 for music)

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Befikre
>Can't believe Ranveer did this shit after the success of BM😭

>Ranveer should stop working with YRF except BBB they have given him films,like KillDill ,befikre😭

>Mr.Aditya Chopra needs to stop ruining faces first Anu now Vani.🤢

>One good foot tapping number is not enough, you need whole album to save a shitty film

1/5(1 for Nashe si chad gayi)
BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Dear Zindagi
Nothing is bad but nothing is extraordinary as well. A big let down from Gauri after English Vinglish. Acting bhi theek thak but nothing that stands out. Coming out from theater I felt I wasted my money . It was plain boring.
EvilR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Arrival

Holy mother of god! 😲 what a movie! 👏 one of the smartest movie twist out there! Definitely DID NOT see that coming! After Prisoner, Enemy, Sicario and now this, Denis Villeneuve just becomes one of my favourite director ever 🥳

4.5/5
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: EvilR

Arrival

Holy mother of god! 😲 what a movie! 👏 one of the smartest movie twist out there! Definitely DID NOT see that coming! After Prisoner, Enemy, Sicario and now this, Denis Villeneuve just becomes one of my favourite director ever 🥳

4.5/5

The movie of the year for me.

I had read the book a while ago so I knew what was going to happen. But it still floored me. Arrival is beautiful, profound, smart, and heartbreaking. It ask difficult questions about life, about choices, the nature of free will and what it is to be human. The themes are very relevant in today's political landscape and could very well determine our fate.

A shout-out to Amy Adams as well, she is just sublime.

On Villeneuve, I agree. One of the best directors working right now. He just finished shooting Blade Runner 2049. Blade Runner is my most favourite movie ever, so, I am excited and nervous at the same time. They have a great cast and Deakins' is doing the cinematography. I have faith in Villeneuve and so far, I have loved what I have seen. It is probably the hardest job you will ever get in film-making, direct a sequel to Blade Runner, a movie that is so singular, timeless and influential.

Here is the teaser if anyone is interested:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog[/YOUTUBE]
That cinematography, the score and the Blade Runner atmosphere❤️.

After that he is talks to direct the Dune adaptation. This guy is on a roll.👏👏 Oh and if you haven't watched Incendies, do so. It is his best movies behind Arrival in my opinion.
Edited by -Arsal- - 7 years ago
EvilR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

The movie of the year for me.

I had read the book a while ago so I knew what was going to happen. But it still floored me. Arrival is beautiful, profound, smart, and heartbreaking. It ask difficult questions about life, about choices, the nature of free will and what it is to be human. The themes are very relevant in today's political landscape and could very well determine our fate.

A shout-out to Amy Adams as well, she is just sublime.

On Villeneuve, I agree. One of the best directors working right now. He just finished shooting Blade Runner 2049. Blade Runner is my most favourite movie ever, so, I am excited and nervous at the same time. They have a great cast and Deakins' is doing the cinematography. I have faith in Villeneuve and so far, I have loved what I have seen. It is probably the hardest job you will ever get in film-making, direct a sequel to Blade Runner, a movie that is so singular, timeless and influential.

Here is the teaser if anyone is interested:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog[/YOUTUBE]
That cinematography, the score and the Blade Runner atmosphere❤️.

After that he is talks to direct the Dune adaptation. This guy is on a roll.👏👏 Oh and if you haven't watched Incendies, do so. It is his best movies behind Arrival in my opinion.

Yesss! The best movie of the year for me too. Miles ahead of La La Land.

I've seen the trailer for Blade Runner 2049. Definitely looks good especially Deakins's cinematography. And I can't wait for the score. Seriously Johannsson and Villeneuve is setting up to be one of the best combo! I read an article that Johannsson's score for Arrival might be disqualified for best score category at the oscar because of the usage of other music (On the Nature of Daylight) and it makes me extremely sad. The score is terrific! The track "First Encounter" is just wow! I could go on and on about this haha.

I haven't watch Incendies btw. My first Villeneuve is Prisoner. Planning on ordering the bluray soon. Surprisingly even though I really like Prisoner and Sicario, I've only seen them once. Enemy on the other hand I've seen it probably 4-5 times and still don't understand shits 😆 it was only a few days ago I stumbled upon an explanation (fan theory) about it and it started to make sense a bit   😆