Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Dangal!
Wonderful movie with talented cast. 
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Zindagi
What a painfully slow movie. First time in a long time did I feel sleepy during a film and decide to finish it the next day. Alia was good, I guess - I didn't like her character most of the film. SRK was great but the movie was pretty boring for me and I didn't like the music. Saving grace was seeing Aditya in the end with Alia in frame - that is a bomb pairing waiting to happen 😆❤️ For me it was a huge letdown - English Vinglish was so entertaining even though it was also a "slice of life" film.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Baar Baar Dekho
When it first started I really didn't think it was as bad as everyone said...then the time travelling started and it completely lost the plot. 

A very very confused movie with extremely unlikable characters. Sid's character, I already forgot his name, is a complete idiot and jerk. He believes he got a divorce because of an affair with a friend so goes to meet the friend instead of ditching her when he gets a second chance. It takes like 3 tries to realize what is wrong. Katrina has very little to do BUT weirdly far too many dialogues. 

The movie takes itself too seriously..thinking it's oh so cool for time travelling..and obviously all the effort was put in making it look "technologically advanced" than anything else. I don't understand why Sid took this movie to KJo to produce. I can't imagine what looked good on paper either. 😕

Acting is not worth talking about, as expected. 
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BeingChevi

Dear Zindagi

What a painfully slow movie. First time in a long time did I feel sleepy during a film and decide to finish it the next day. Alia was good, I guess - I didn't like her character most of the film. SRK was great but the movie was pretty boring for me and I didn't like the music. Saving grace was seeing Aditya in the end with Alia in frame - that is a bomb pairing waiting to happen 😆❤️ For me it was a huge letdown - English Vinglish was so entertaining even though it was also a "slice of life" film.

Exactly my thoughts. I even fell asleep during the movie for few min !!  😆
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Rogue One
I wasn't blown away by Rogue One as much as other people. Personally, I found Force awakens a lot more charming and endearing. Nonetheless, Rogue One is still a great addition to the Star Wars universe. 

The movie begins slowly. In my opinion it took too long to develop the characters. Once the story picks up pace, the movie is exciting and riveting. 

There are several plus points Rogue One has over the rest of the franchise. This is perhaps the most diverse cast. The narrative is also darker. Rogue One perhaps has the saddest finales in the Star Wars Universe. 

The CGI characters were creepy. They should have used A New Hope footage instead of creating CGI Leia. 
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i hope i can post here
i just wanted to post this somewhere

last week i watched lootera...
most ppl called it a boring movie so many exp were anyway 0 from the movie
but to my surprise i actually liked it
initially i was thought its boring but as the movie progressed i started likin it
i dont like ranveer but i loved his performance
sona was fab too
brilliant cinematography and the way movie was shot
less of dialoue bazi but movie was more visual
i dont know how to explain it
but i loved it 4/5

and just today i watched highway
and i dont know why i didnt watch this movie when it released
damn what a beautiful movie
alia was good
but i actually fell in love with mahavir randeep
and already watched his breakdown scene twice
the scene when he realises 
the maggie wala scene
wow 
he is one brilliant actor and he never got his due appreciation and recognition.
even stardust awarded aishwarya but ignored randeep for his dedication and transformation he underwent for the role of sarabjit
forgot to add that relative thing 
damn i can so associate with that scene myself 
i loved the ending and also happy that her character vent it out in front of everyone about what she was goin through all these years 
Edited by foram. - 7 years ago
Chudailpaapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingChevi

My biggest takeaway from Perks was this line:

Really great film. One of my favorites with amazing performances. Didn't get around to reading the book but I surely will someday.

Moonrise kingdom is wonderful movie.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ek Hazaarachi Note
Marathi cinema is so underrated. I am glad that I occasionally get to savor some Marathi movies through Netflix. 

Ek Hazaarachi note is a tender tale of poverty in rural India. Budhi is an elderly woman whose son committed suicide over debt. She subsists on a frugal income as a maid. Her only friend and solace in the world is her neighbor Sudama. 

One day during a local political rally, a politician hears the story of her son's suicide and gives her money as a bribe. She decides to take the 1000 Rs notes to the nearby town and treat herself a little. She asks Sudama to accompany her. 

However, fate has other plans for her. What follows is a heartbreaking story of the suffering of the poor. A must watch to see the impact on the poor. 
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Dhuruvangal 16(Tamil)
I wanted to see this movie after reading positive reviews and getting to know that the movie has got more screens in the second week.

The movie starts like any other murder mystery, a rainy night and a killer with mask.But what follows is not what we predict.The movie traverses between present and past.

Deepak, a retired police officer explaining the last case that he investigated to another young man who is eager to join police force.
In each and every scene there is a knot while something  is unknotted. Not a single scene that deviates from the main plot.I found couple of revelations bit forced but that doesn't take away anything from the neatly made thriller it was. Particularly ,when majority of the actors are first timers and the director himself is 22.

Edited by NautankiSaali - 7 years ago
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
The fall (2006) - reminded me of Wes Anderson movie. It is quite interesting. Friendship between stuntman and a child who are in hospital. And the fairy tale he tells her that symbolizes his life. A nice effort.