Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
La La Land - absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. The story is very simple but the execution is what blew me away especially that ending! So beautifully done. Emma and Ryan are amazing together and their chemistry is beautiful. I loved the ballroom dance scene in the planetarium and that ending! It was beautiful. The cinematography is breathtaking and the background score is great. I had City of Stars stuck in my head for 2 days. It's a beautiful movie - bittersweet ending and a must watch for fans of musicals (I LOVE any and all kinds of musicals) it had such a whimsical sense to it and the homage to old Hollywood was great.

Rogue One - I'm a huge Star Wars fan and this movie was so great! I loved how they bridged the gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope and the whole crew of Rogue One was brilliant. Felicity Jones and Diego Luna were brilliant and I loved the ending shot of them. I didn't expect a Star Wars movie to be this brutal, like even though the movies have been about rebellion and war and overthrowing tyranny, this movie felt like it addressed the brutality of the war. The scene where Jyn sees her father and he begs her to listen to him about the flaw in the Death Star was brilliant! Felicity did such a great job in that scene.
I also loved how they included a young CGI Carrie Fisher as Leia (RIP) and some of the fighter pilots from A New Hope. Really great movie and I loved how it flowed well with A New Hope.

Baar Baar Dekho - I really wanted to like this, because the trailer had intrigued me and the soundtrack was my fave of the year but ughh I couldn't sit through Katrina's frozen face. Sidharth tried but this character was too douchey to care. I didn't even finish the movie after the honeymoon scene because it felt very boring.
Edited by Tani91 - 7 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
^ Hahaha...I will as soon as I get time! But let me stay in La La Land's charm for a few days ❤️ 😆

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dhaa-Ki-Tiki

WATCH WHIPLASH.
NOW!

-Crazy Chazelle Fan 😆

Whiplash is amazing.

On Chazelle, he has been called the future of American Cinema and I agree. For someone so young, to make Whiplash and La La Land for your first two features, is just something else.

And now he is making a biopic on Armstrong with Gosling in the lead. Its is going to be spectacular. Chazelle, Gosling, Armstrong, Space; its a movie made for me.
Edited by -Arsal- - 7 years ago
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Loads of love for La La Land. I saw La La Land at TIFF this year and I was stunned. Saw it again a while back and I am still in love with it. It is a piece of art.

What makes it such a compelling watch is Damien Chazelle. The movie bleeds his passion, his love for jazz, for musicals and for story-telling. There is a scene where Sebastian explains to Mia what Jazz is, why he loves it; and it is written and delivered so beautiful and you can't help but appreciate Jazz too. La La Land is Chazelle's ode to the musicals/movies of the yore and it shows.

His mastery behind the camera is amazing for some-one so young; the way he structures the shots, transitions between scenes (good to see the use of dissolves) , it gives this smooth, magical feel to the movie. And then those stunning long, wide takes (a quality that tells great directors apart); its here that the movie becomes alive. Some of the sequences are just jaw dropping. And boy the colour present throughout. I could go on and on...

Very few people can move the camera as well as he does. Its present in Whiplash as well but here he is even better. The opening sequence and then that climax; I don't want to spoil it, but Chazelle takes the final act to a crescendo that is rarely seen in movies. That epilogue touches every spectrum of human life, what it is to love, to feel triumphant joy, to experience the heartbreak of loss, to dream, to hope and inspire. It is transcendent.

This is the kind of movie that made me fall in love with the art of visual storytelling, of film-making. Do go see it everyone.

Edited by -Arsal- - 7 years ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Loads of love for La La Land. I saw La La Land at TIFF this year and I was stunned. Saw it again a while back and I am still in awe of it., still in love with it. It is a piece of art.

What makes it such a compelling watch is Damien Chazelle. The movie bleeds his passion, his love for jazz, for musicals and for story-telling. There is a scene where Sebastian explains to Mia what Jazz is, why he loves it; and it is written and delivered so beautiful and you can't help but appreciate Jazz too. La La Land is Chazelle's ode to the musicals/movies of the yore and it shows.

His mastery behind the camera is amazing for some-one so young; the way he structures the shots, transitions between scenes (good to see the use of dissolves) , it gives this smooth, magical feel to the movie. And then those stunning long, wide takes (a quality that tells great directors apart); its here that the movie becomes alive. Some of the sequences are just jaw dropping. And boy the colour present throughout. I could go on and on...

Very few people can move the camera as well as he does. Its present in Whiplash as well but here he is even better. The opening sequence and then that climax; I don't want to spoil it, but Chazelle takes the final act to a crescendo that is rarely seen in movies. That epilogue touches every spectrum of human life, what it is to love, to feel triumphant joy, to experience the heartbreak of loss, to dream, to hope and inspire. It is transcendent.

This is the kind of movie that made me fall in love with the art of visual storytelling, of film-making. Do go see it everyone.

I completely concur with you. I don't consider myself to be a film buff by any means just a casual movie goer. But i was so impressed and marveled by the cinematography and the color palate he used in the movie! very beautiful and impactful
AreYaar thumbnail
Dangal:

An experience in itself...when a movie can make you want to get up and start wrestling yourself, it's in a league of it's own😆.

Sports movies come with some pre-set expectations...everyone knows where it's going, there are the usual expectations of an underdog rising against all odds to come out on top and the expected healthy dash of patriotism to leave everyone happy.

Where Dangal scores IMMENSELY as a film is in the near ELEMENTAL depiction of the sport of wrestling as a metaphor for the larger struggle against immense odds in life...that struggle feels literal in all the wresting scenes in the film. It is especially striking even more so that this is a story about WOMEN rising against many odds in a sport considered to be traditionally macho, male, in a state, a country where women are left to be objectified or married off as brood mares.

Even more striking is the real story from which this is inspired...I found myself struck with that thought many times while watching the film...one can't even imagine the odds the real Phogats overcame to reach that level in the sport. And I love the fact that the film never got preachy on that point...showed the evolution in Mahavir's own thought process when it came to his daughters (Mhaari chhoriyaan kisi chhoron se kam hain?" and then literally RUNNING with it...world be DAMNED😆.

I'm not sure how Aamir Khan manages it time and again but this is an IMMENSE effort as a film...a game changer in the way sports films are made...everything from the casting, the script, the performances are just top notch...right down to the cousin doing the narrative...barring a few cop out blemishes like the coach storyline, pretty much everything is top notch in the film.

The two Geetas stand out the most...absolutely FLOORED by their performances...especially Zaira's...the grit she brings to the evolution of a young Geeta defying her father's imposition of wrestling onto them and then later EMBRACING it with a killer instinct. Fatima was excellent as well...she has the most amount of screentime in terms of the actual wrestling and BOY was she fantastic👏👏...one can't tell even for a second that they aren't actual wrestlers...Aamir is fantastic as Mahavir Phogat as well...the crux of the film is his relationship with his daughters and that is the thread that binds this all together in such an emotionally powerful way...just the right dash of disappointment, hope, zeal, pain, faith and finally PRIDE in his eyes. Sakshi was fantastic as well! The J2K2 cousin...super adorable😆

A special mention again for the wrestling sequences...SUPERB all of them...in particular, I LOVED Geeta's fights...the first one with the boy in the local dangal competition and then later on the grown up Geeta's fights in the Commonwealth games...the semi-final with the Nigerian lady really stands out for the MOVES in it, man...I had no prior knowledge of this sport before but now I feel like I can watch it with the zeal and knowledge of a veteran😆...tremendous achievement as a film to translate a new sport for a cricket crazy nation in such a way that everyone can follow along.

Geeta and Mahavir's wrestling bit was just WOW to watch...so gritty...so raw👏👏...the struggle both real and metaphoric between father and daughter there...

We've had some great films come out this year but none with the sheer THRILL that this one evokes...in terms of both the triumph of the human spirit in the face of immense odds as well as the sheer thrill of the sport itself...it is hard to articulate the thrill of watching the elemental struggle of life play itself out during a wrestling match.

4/5

Hats off to the grit and determination of the real Phogats...Geeta, Babita, and Mahavir Phogat👏👏👏
Chem_ystery thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Hi guys!

Can anybody suggest me some teen romantic/passionate love story hollywood movies which dont have much vulgur/nude scenes!
NeutralBitiya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrsSobti

Hi guys!

Can anybody suggest me some teen romantic/passionate love story hollywood movies which dont have much vulgur/nude scenes!

Blue Valentine, Drive, Dirty Dancing, The Holiday, Love Me If You Dare, If Only, The Fault In Our Stars, Flipped, The Perks of Being Wallflower,

Before Sunset, Before Sunrise, Before Midnight--I haven't watched these three movies (coz I don't like Ethan Hawke) but I have heard they are really good.

EDIT : Ooops, Just after making the post I realized you asked for TEEN romantic movies..so I guess Perks of Being Wallflower, Flipped, Moonrise Kingdom, Kings of summer (kinda), Sing Street, The breakfast Club, Juno, The Fault In Our Stars..
Edited by NeutralBitiya - 7 years ago
NeutralBitiya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Whiplash

A really good movie. If you really like watching movies you'd definitely enjoy it.

Sing Street

Another good well made movie but the cliched and OTT ending (for me, of course) ruined it for me.
Edited by NeutralBitiya - 7 years ago
Chem_ystery thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeutralBitiya

Blue Valentine, Drive, Dirty Dancing, The Holiday, Love Me If You Dare, If Only, The Fault In Our Stars, Flipped, The Perks of Being Wallflower,

Before Sunset, Before Sunrise, Before Midnight--I haven't watched these three movies (coz I don't like Ethan Hawke) but I have heard they are really good.

EDIT : Ooops, Just after making the post I realized you asked for TEEN romantic movies..so I guess Perks of Being Wallflower, Flipped, Moonrise Kingdom, Kings of summer (kinda), Sing Street, The breakfast Club, Juno, The Fault In Our Stars..

thnx a lot.
Would watch them.

P.S. Any hollywood movie with good concept would do but I dont wanna watch that kind of movie which have nude scene