Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1086943 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Home Alone 1 & 2 --- these movies never get old around cozy & bright *Christmas tree* --- !!!!
Must watch -- but then who hasn't seen 'em --- *πŸ˜›*
965319 thumbnail
Spotlight
overhyped ,good as a one time watch.

The Piano
self-indulgent piece of tripe and the nudity is barf-inducing-and this movie won at the OscarsπŸ˜•

Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
On spree of watching some old movies. Holiday sentiments and all..

Amour (2012)- The ending will stay with me for a long time.

Raj Khosla's Anita - Weak movie in trilogy with Woh Kaun Thi and Mera Saaya. Surprisingly interesting.

CID (old Dev anand movie) - On mom's request- Turned out to be terrific movie.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Shaandaar: Why was this rated so bad.. I mean it's not that bad.. pretty enjoyable one time watch.. The story is nothing extra ordinary but Shahid-Alia made such a cute pair.. I enjoyed it..
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: indfam

On spree of watching some old movies. Holiday sentiments and all..

Amour (2012)- The ending will stay with me for a long time.

True. It is devastating and a difficult viewing; but it stays with you for a long time. Haneke is a master storyteller.

His next movie is supposed to come out next year titled Happy End, set against the the backdrop of European refugee crises. One of my most anticipated movies of 2017.
Edited by -Arsal- - 7 years ago
WinniethePooh. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just saw Dear Zindagi and all I can say is hats off. Its a heartwarming & sensitive story. Shah has not looked this good in ages and Alia has truly arrived.

Also watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Not the best movie, neither was the direction the best. But I applaud Karan Johar for trying something different and moving away from his cheesy love stories to showing the complexity of relationships today. Everyone performed well.

870349 thumbnail
I just saw Dangal

I liked the film. Aamir was amazing. The wife was good. The girls were on point. I thought the 2nd half did drag. The whole coach angle was dumb. An did we really need to see 3 wrestling matches blow by blow. I would've been fine with them just showing the gold medal one. Or even 2 out of the 3. I liked the songs. I think they fit really well throughout the movie. I love the title song every time it played. The scene stealer for me was the nephew. Young and old he had the best lines and facial expressions. So that brings me to one plot point that might've changed the film and the true story. Why did it never occur to Mahavir to just make his nephew into a wrestler ???? I understand thats not his child but it seems like Mahavir as the head of the extended family made decisions for everyone. An eventually he even brings the guy to train with the girls. But he is just like a practice wrestler. But I guess its moot πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. After Aamir and I really loved the performances of the 2 young girls. For me those were the best parts of the film. I actually think this is 2nd fav Aamir Christmas movie after 3I . It was better than D3, Ghajini and even PK for me. 😳😳
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nightcrawler
I was skeptical about the movie. I loved it. Lou Bloom( Jake Gyllenhaal ) who starts as petty thief desperately in need of job, starts his odd job as a stringer works his way up and becomes successful not before manipulating and exploiting anything or anyone that comes his way.Some of the dialogues were hard hitting. I didn't like the ending though,but then not every movie has to be a moral lesson.

Chudailpaapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

True. It is devastating and a difficult viewing; but it stays with you for a long time. Haneke is a master storyteller.

His next movie is supposed to come out next year titled Happy End, set against the the backdrop of European refugee crises. One of my most anticipated movies of 2017.

Thanks will watch out for it. Amour was terrific watch.
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Ida- Media is totally saturated with Jews genocide so was apprehensive. But the movie is much more than that and cinematography is stunning.
The Triplets of belles vile- Robert Ebert calls this movie to experience and something that defies genre and can't be defined. I agree. Absolutely my favorite movie.

Bees saal baad-good movie totally spoiled by infantinalizing of its female charecter. Waheeda looked lovely but her charecter gave me coronary.